Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

Too hungry to do some fancy slicing and picture taking, but here’s the gist:

Lightly-toasted Bread. Bottom bread smeared with Stubb’s Spicy. Piece of Aged Swiss. Some Holmes Sausage links, heated up for meltiness of the Swiss. Some of my Pulled Pork tossed in my Mustard Slather and heated up. 2 American Slices to melt on top. Mayo on top Bread. 

Lunch, some mindless TV, and random laziness on a Tuesday. 

4D5AEDCE-2158-48BE-A6DF-8EF1836CA39F.jpeg

9CC60517-7785-43D3-9EFD-1A64F7A71745.jpeg

Edited by After irth
Forgot pics
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Stubbs?

bNTdsYo0Lfv2bfxWjaxhqtjdMasGmZSGoY-J6Bwb

Steel Shank thread is that way >>>

It’s the only BBQ sauce that graces this house, and even then, it gets used sparingly. 

There’s hardly a need for sauce with my cooking, but I do use it when making Burnt Ends. I also thin it with Coke and use it as a mop baste on grilled Chicken or Pork occasionally. 

What’s your problem with Stubb’s?  That dude’s a legend. 

2 hours ago, After irth said:

It’s the only BBQ sauce that graces this house, and even then, it gets used sparingly. 

There’s hardly a need for sauce with my cooking, but I do use it when making Burnt Ends. I also thin it with Coke and use it as a mop baste on grilled Chicken or Pork occasionally. 

how about you post a pic of that wife of yours. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, After irth said:

Wasn't a shot at Stubbs, it was a shot at dousing a sandwich in BBQ sauce.  And a concoction like that sandwich belongs in the Steel Shank thread.

Just breakin balls...lighten up

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I know this is probably an upopular opinion, but I've become a fan of Sweet Baby Ray's for cooking. I find it mixes real well with other ingredients if you're going for a baste or marinade. 

Call me basic or uncultured or whatever.

Ugh.  You should do what you want, but that stuff is awful.  They were one of our tailgate sponsors for years, gave us cases and cases of free sauce in all their different flavors.  We couldn't give it away.  I don't eat sauce on BBQ, but for people that do, I ended up just buying bottles of Rudy's and Stubb's.  We finally just terminated our relationship with them, there were only so many unopened boxes of the stuff I could store in my garage.

Just now, utee94 said:

Ugh.  You should do what you want, but that stuff is awful.  They were one of our tailgate sponsors for years, gave us cases and cases of free sauce in all their different flavors.  We couldn't give it away.  I don't eat sauce on BBQ, but for people that do, I ended up just buying bottles of Rudy's and Stubb's.  We finally just terminated our relationship with them, there were only so many unopened boxes of the stuff I could store in my garage.

Oh dear God I wouldn't let it touch actual BBQ. I'm talking about like chicken/salmon or burgers or grilled peppers and onions. I find it's a good base to play with.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh dear God I wouldn't let it touch actual BBQ. I'm talking about like chicken/salmon or burgers or grilled peppers and onions. I find it's a good base to play with.

It's just too sickeningly sweet for me,  in general.  For basting chicken and stuff, I'll sometimes use Rudy's. 

BUT, as always, folks should eat what they like.

17 minutes ago, futureman said:

That's perfect.

But I thought I was on the sandwich thread, not the BBQ thread.

17 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's just too sickeningly sweet for me,  in general. 

I can see that. I've been a big fan of cutting heat with some sweetness, and kind of like sweeter/more Asiany flavor profiles on a lot of stuff. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I know this is probably an upopular opinion, but I've become a fan of Sweet Baby Ray's for cooking. I find it mixes real well with other ingredients if you're going for a baste or marinade. 

Call me basic or uncultured or whatever.

High Fructose Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Modified Corn Starch, Contains Less than 2% of Salt, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Natural Smoke Flavor, Spice, Caramel Color, Molasses, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Garlic (Dried), Mustard Flour, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Celery Seed.

If you’re gonna use bbq sauce, and there’s plenty of times to do so, Stubbs is great, Franklin ain’t bad, but my preferred one is this:

08b84a986103fc3477b87cfa6c996450.jpg

The medium is our go-to. Great if you are making a BBQ cheddar burger with grilled onions and jalapeños, great if you’re making a Turbo T-man at home, for a sausage wrap, etc.