Any Surly Car Dealers?

RPM

I've been hearing used car prices are about to plummet. Just look at that link and there's dozens of stories by auto writers. I'm interested in hearing from boots on the ground. How long until we see prices bottom out? Which models will be hit worse? I'm imaging that would be rental and fleet luxury / midsize sedans. I pass an Enterprise lot near DFW that's normally empty except for 4 or 5 cars and they have their lot so full it's impossible to walk between them.

So to focus the rambling, when is the best time to strike? Poppa needs a newer ride.

9 hours ago, VRHorn said:

Well, @Drew was incessantly complaining about working during the pandemic, so I would start there.

Hey fuck you.  You be bitching too if you were needlessly forced to work as "essential" like you're a fucking nurse or something...when all you're doing is taking car payments or selling cars.

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

If Congress starts giving everybody $2000 a month to the end of the corona thingie, I imagine there will be a ton of people buying cars.

You'd be right.  It's not quite as busy as Tax season usually is...but you'd be surprised the amount of $1500-$2500 down payments everyone seems to have.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Drew said:

Hey fuck you.  You be bitching too if you were needlessly forced to work as "essential" like you're a fucking nurse or something...when all you're doing is taking car payments or selling cars.

You'd be right.  It's not quite as busy as Tax season usually is...but you'd be surprised the amount of $1500-$2500 down payments everyone seems to have.

Response was....surly

• Like 2

To be fair, I'm not actually a salesman.  I sell insurance and run the rental car side, but I'm hear helping with their customers as well.  Used to sale cars back in the day for the family, but got away from that shit.  Well as far away as I can.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be fair, I'm not actually a salesman.  I sell insurance and run the rental car side, but I'm hear helping with their customers as well.  Used to sale cars back in the day for the family, but got away from that shit.  Well as far away as I can.

Eye here ewe, brother.

• Like 6

On 5/9/2020 at 9:24 AM, po elvis said:

If Congress starts giving everybody $2000 a month to the end of the corona thingie, I imagine there will be a ton of people buying cars.

And a ton of people "giving them back" in six months or a year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you on my used car search. Found a clean, low mileage, one owner 2014 Lincoln MKS. Only had one minor problem, the keyless entry door pad was flashingI didn't have the keyless master number. I decided to stop into Karl Klement Ford in Decatur and have them pull the code.0385008878c1380575ce3a47e4bc7e36.jpg.

They did and ran it through their carwash which ripped off the left rear quarterpanel/bumper. HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS  are you kidding me? Waiting on a new bumper panel to be shipped and they are fixing the door code which is still flashing after entering the master.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:58 PM, Drew said:

"I done saled some 'o dem carz."

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Just wanted to update you on my used car search. Found a clean, low mileage, one owner 2014 Lincoln MKS. Only had one minor problem, the keyless entry door pad was flashingI didn't have the keyless master number. I decided to stop into Karl Klement Ford in Decatur and have them pull the code.0385008878c1380575ce3a47e4bc7e36.jpg.

They did and ran it through their carwash which ripped off the left rear quarterpanel/bumper. HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS  are you kidding me? Waiting on a new bumper panel to be shipped and they are fixing the door code which is still flashing after entering the master.

Was there something wrong with the rear quarter and bumper?  Or is that carwash possessed like a Stephen King laundry machine?

I'm an old man and commute 500 miles a week.

What are you running away from?

Or is that carwash possessed like a Stephen King laundry machine?

Always figured dealers handwashed cars (p-t utes or whatever). I guess some have cheap gas station automatic crap.

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Was there something wrong with the rear quarter and bumper?  Or is that carwash possessed like a Stephen King laundry machine?

I'm leaning toward possessed. I ran it through a car wash about 3 days before that and no problem.

• Like 1