RIP Jerry Stiller

Buzzrock

Just now, Bash Riprock said:

Two months ago, I saw a provocative movie on cable TV. It was called The Net, with that girl from the bus. I did a little reading, and I realize, it wasn't that far-fetched.

My professional name is Mr. Costanza, and I will refer to you as 'Costanza'.

• Like 1

This is Frank Costanza.

You think you could keep us out of Florida? We're moving in lock, stock

and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool. We're gonna be in the clubhouse.

We're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court! And I dare you to keep me out!

• Like 1

spacer.pngInterestingly he was initially directed to be the meek counterpoint to Estelle's loud and brash personality.  But it was his own idea to play it loud and in your face.  And boom, 

Edited by Sbbruin

Guest Lobo

"Reputation as kind of the village idiot."-Maestro

"Yeah?  Well, I still say we're related."-Frank

His timing and facial expression in that scene was an acting clinic

RIP, Jerry.  An absolute gem.  And apparently one helluva nice guy.  

Guest Lobo

Wow, he kinda looked like Ethan Hawke in that photo.  The of them always seemed genuinely happy when they were on camera together.  

To that great catered affair in the sky!  RIP.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Interestingly he was initially directed to be the meek counterpoint to Estelle's loud and brash personality.  But it was his own idea to play it loud and in your face.  And boom, 

Fun fact: Both Morty Seinfeld and Frank Costanza were originally portrayed by different actors.  Both roles were recast with Stiller reshooting the original Frank scenes for syndication.

13 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Fun fact: Both Morty Seinfeld and Frank Costanza were originally portrayed by different actors.  Both roles were recast with Stiller reshooting the original Frank scenes for syndication.

I remember the original Morty, but not the original Frank.

Frank (Puddy a close 2nd) was my favorite character on Seinfeld...so many classic scenes 

"Hoochie mama" and "airing of grievances " are in my regular rotation. I will make it my mission to add some more to the repertoire. I line "you have no eye for fashion!" and a couple others

Edited by Dennis Taylor

Guest Lobo

to be fair to Jerry stiller, if Seinfeld had delivered some of his lines with some actual gusto and fervor, he'd have seemed a lot older than Jerry Stiller.  People didn't want to go big in scenes with Seinfeld, but somebody had to pump some fucking life into the damn scenes.  That's what made George's moments with his parents even funnier because he was usually the more animated guy in other parts of the episodes.