USAF Thunderbird - Austin/San Antonio Flyover

atomheartbevo

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Trying to figure out the best place to go. Live in North Austin near Cedar Park and not too far from 620/I-35 Roundrock. 

Since the purpose is to fly over hospitals, St. Davids on 620 will be right on the flight path.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Add an hour to the flight times below!

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

The Lead Slot Pilot is a woman, Major Michelle Curran.  Pretty cool!  

(I realize this is a set-up, fire away gentlemen)

As if we couldn't tell after one look at the flight path.

• Like 5

I was coming out of the HEB near the Quarry in SA about 2 hrs ago or so and had forgotten about this.  Precisely when I got out of the door I felt a low steady and growing rumble, then heard what sounded like a rocket headed right for my head only to look up and see those fuckers on the hard deck a solid 3-Wood distance away directly above.

Best change of underwear I've ever had to make.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

looks like they're going to fly right down 1431. Maybe the Target/Academy at 1431/183A would be a good spot. 

Flew over Cedar Park Medical Center, circled the Target/Academy and made a second pass over the hospital before turning SE and heading down 1431. Got a couple iPhone shots but I can't get tapa to load right now. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Since the purpose is to fly over hospitals, St. Davids on 620 will be right on the flight path.  

They flew directly over St. Davids on 620. We are in Brushy Creek and standing on our street I caught a brief glimpse of the chase plane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

They flew directly over St. Davids on 620. We are in Brushy Creek and standing on our street I caught a brief glimpse of the chase plane.

is there always a chase plane?  what's its purpose?