Cops break into EMT’s apartment and kill her while searching for a suspect they already had in custody

Buzzrock

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

a no knock warrant means the situation/person is so dangerous that people are likely to die.  this whole thing is absurd and wrong. and  a no knock warrant at an apartment complex?   just wait outside until the guy you are looking for leaves.

this.  or cut utilities

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

All of this shit that is happening isn't new. It's always been happening. They just can't hide it anymore because of cell phone cameras, social media, 24 hour news cycles, etc.

Correct.

• Like 2

So if I'm reading the article correctly, the officers' justification for killing her is that her boyfriend shot at them.  What a crock of shit.  Even if it's true and I'll take anything these officers say with less than a grain of salt, they broke into their apartment with guns drawn on a no knock warrant in the middle of the night.  If someone shot at them, it would clearly be in self defense.  I forgot, though, self defense/castle doctrine only applies to white people.

Outside of the outrage (which is justified)...why is an EMT hanging with a “no knock warrant” guy? Girl perspective. Hopefully, he was a great guy and good in bed because his dumbass is the reason cops showed up and he is also the fucker that got her killed. Also, fuck the police and their bs training. 

• Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So if I'm reading the article correctly, the officers' justification for killing her is that her boyfriend shot at them.  What a crock of shit.  Even if it's true and I'll take anything these officers say with less than a grain of salt, they broke into their apartment with guns drawn on a no knock warrant in the middle of the night.  If someone shot at them, it would clearly be in self defense.  I forgot, though, self defense/castle doctrine only applies to white people.

Wanna know how I know you don't live in Houston?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Outside of the outrage (which is justified)...why is an EMT hanging with a “no knock warrant” guy? Girl perspective. Hopefully, he was a great guy and good in bed because his dumbass is the reason cops showed up and he is also the fucker that got her killed. Also, fuck the police and their bs training. 

He wasn't the target of the warrant. They guy they were looking for didn't even live in that complex and it turns out was already in custody. At least that's what the article says. It was a mistake in person and location. Oopsie poopsie!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Correct.

And cops are having an awfully hard time adjusting to their actions being out in the open like this.

Big old WTF on the boyfriend being charged, though.  What a load of shit.  Lemme guess, those charges will be dropped if the family backs down?

A colleague of mine is about to go to trial ( or was before Covid-19) for a second time on a death penalty eligible murder of a police officer who was killed during a no-knock warrant raid. Cop was shot by defendant who kept a loaded shotgun under his bed. Jury acquited him of first degree and locked on second degree. It was very refreshing to hear the jurors side against LEOs.

12 minutes ago, Foosters said:

A colleague of mine is about to go to trial ( or was before Covid-19) for a second time on a death penalty eligible murder of a police officer who was killed during a no-knock warrant raid. Cop was shot by defendant who kept a loaded shotgun under his bed. Jury acquited him of first degree and locked on second degree. It was very refreshing to hear the jurors side against LEOs.

Why a second time?

When "protect and serve" was coined, they mostly did protect and serve, but they were also on the pad and on the arm.  At least they weren't actively conspiring against the citizenry.

If you read about nearly any police force, as in a city organization distinguished from the county one headed by an elected official, they started out corrupt as hell in terms of bribes from organized crime.  But there was a code.  "Citizens" didn't get hurt, except by the vice enabled by the crooked cops.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Why a second time?

Because dead cop.

Almost any other decedent, the state would have to look long and hard at the prospect of a conviction, before opting to retry. In the case that the decedent in question was NOT a cop, and had broken into the defendant's dwelling in the middle of the night, made the fatal error of accosting him in is own bedroom, and gotten himself killed, I can't help but think there would be no second trial. Hell, I doubt there would have been a first one.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

i would think your chances of making it home alive to your families at night would be greatly increased if didn't just barge into strange places and just start opening fire on whoever was inside.  What if one day, an innocent person (like in Houston) has a chance to actually return fire?  Some police officer is gonna get shot or killed and then we have to start all the fuck over again about how they're just trying to navigate their way through an ugly world to get home to their families at the end of the day. 

Maybe just don't lie, fabricate warrants, break into places, shoot innocent people, and engage in coverups?  Not doing those things is so much easier than doing them.  You'll have so much more energy at the end of the day to play with your families when you get home, safely and soundly.  Not breaking into places and killing people really increases your chances of staying alive.  Just ask a criminal.  

But that doesn't fit well with "Respek Mah Authoritah!!!" at all brah.

How are they gonna power trip with your recommendations in place?

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

And cops are having an awfully hard time adjusting to their actions being out in the open like this.

Big old WTF on the boyfriend being charged, though.  What a load of shit.  Lemme guess, those charges will be dropped if the family backs down?

Yup.  

Like I said I listened to the defense attorney for this case outline a letter that she and her client received from the DA covering the matter.

The DA straight up threatened more charges if the family participates in any kind of protest or seeks media attention.  It was worded carefully so as to give just enough plausible deniability for the DA to claim that's not what he/she was doing, but it was as clear as could be - "Shut the fuck up or we're coming after the rest of you!"

Sickening. 

So many DAs are cut out of the same block of worthless scum as the LEOs they cover for.

• Like 3

She wasn't. The cops fucked up on a grand scale.

You know what also really bothers me about myself?  That one of my thoughts, in reviewing this story, was....."damn, she was cute as hell, too."  And for even worse commentary on humanity...that will actually help in her favor when this case goes to trial.  There's no way to paint a pretty little EMT as a "thug."  Sure, they'll try it for the boyfriend....but her cute face and pretty smile will be what the jurors remember.

• Like 2

Walker better brace himself.

i shared this story before...APD served a no-knock warrant on our best friends' home for their teenage son (APD claimed he was some drug cartel kingpin based on an 'anonymous' tip, in reality he was a stupid punk kid hanging with a bad crowd and showing off on instagram). i mean, he left the house every day at 730 to go to HIGH SCHOOL.  

anyway, pre-dawn, dad wasn't home, they were big 2nd amend proponents, CHL carriers, several firearms in the home...APD starts breaking through front door, mom starts screaming, kid grabs closest gun and starts shooting, hit a cop in the leg before they realized it was APD and stopped firing.

initially charged with attempted murder of a public servant, found guilty of agg assault with deadly weapon.

he got 13 years.

oh, and they blew up the dog with a flashbang grenade. 

then there was the no-knock fiasco/slaughter in Houston where all the cops got shot and they murdered the homeowners. also under Acevedo. coincidentally. 

no knock warrants are a farce. 

• Like 1

The judge who approved the warrant should be investigated too. Reporters should hang outside his or her office and ask them repeatedly on what basis they approved the warrant. They should ask what percentage of warrants the judge has approved were against people of color or the poor. Do this constantly and the system will change. Or not. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

At this point, police would be doing a better job if they just stood outside random people's homes and just opened fire periodically throughout the night.  The next morning, they could just retrofit the warrants to match whoever the fuck they murdered that night before.

With all due respect to law enforcement.  I have two cousins in blue, but honestly fellas...you're just better off just firing your weapons randomly than you are at currently doing your fucking jobs.   You now officially, statistically do better at randomly killing good guys than you are at taking down bad guys.  You're dedicated public servants but when it comes to your service weapons, you're just shitty murderers.  Just stop.  Nobody needs your bullshit

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Walker better brace himself.

i shared this story before...APD served a no-knock warrant on our best friends' home for their teenage son (APD claimed he was some drug cartel kingpin based on an 'anonymous' tip, in reality he was a stupid punk kid hanging with a bad crowd and showing off on instagram). i mean, he left the house every day at 730 to go to HIGH SCHOOL.  

anyway, pre-dawn, dad wasn't home, they were big 2nd amend proponents, CHL carriers, several firearms in the home...APD starts breaking through front door, mom starts screaming, kid grabs closest gun and starts shooting, hit a cop in the leg before they realized it was APD and stopped firing.

initially charged with attempted murder of a public servant, found guilty of agg assault with deadly weapon.

he got 13 years.

oh, and they blew up the dog with a flashbang grenade. 

then there was the no-knock fiasco/slaughter in Houston where all the cops got shot and they murdered the homeowners. also under Acevedo. coincidentally. 

no knock warrants are a farce. 

Any  judge/jury who convicts someone for anything after firing on unknown fuckers breaking down their front door is/are cunts.

No other way to put it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

what was the reason for the no knock warrant? was it at the wrong place?

no knock warrant is just dumb for both society and the cops.  you don't need it is someone is in imminent danger anyway right?

1 hour ago, Orale said:

The judge who approved the warrant should be investigated too. Reporters should hang outside his or her office and ask them repeatedly on what basis they approved the warrant. They should ask what percentage of warrants the judge has approved were against people of color or the poor. Do this constantly and the system will change. Or not. 

Judges are pretty much accountable to no one.

It's a big problem with this illusion that we call "justice" in this country.

That's why it would be helpful if the media hounded them mercilessly when this kind of thing happens. I bet judges would become more circumspect about approving these real quick.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orale said:
11 hours ago, Cajun said:

That's why it would be helpful if the media hounded them mercilessly when this kind of thing happens. I bet judges would become more circumspect about approving these real quick.

Yeah, we elect judges, so they're accountable to the electorate, if anyone paid attention.

I'm not a criminal practitioner, but I am pretty sure that Texas has appointed magistrates that can sign search warrants.  Municipal judges can do it too.

Some enterprising reporter ought to try to tabulate search warrants gone bad and try to see if there's a correlation with particular judges or cops. Or even just no-knock warrants.  You know the dirty cops know which judges to hit up.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I've seen this action first hand.  Cops request a warrant from one judge who says "No" and all they do is answer shop with another judge in the same building to get what they want.  They take whatever reason Judge A used to decline anbd then jimmy around the affidavit so that Judge B won't have the same reason.  They are adept and polished in their lying and criminal ways.

It's an absolute joke.

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, we elect judges, so they're accountable to the electorate, if anyone paid attention.

And being seen as "soft on crime" by their electorate is probably every judge's biggest fear.*

*except crimes committed by law enforcement and overzealous DAs, obviously

21 minutes ago, Orale said:
11 hours ago, Cajun said:

Oh, they would.  It would also help if more of the public would show up in court during hearings to see how these judges make their sausage.  So many of them rely on people not knowing, or really caring, how they run their little kingdoms.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

And being seen as "soft on crime" by their electorate is probably every judge's biggest fear.*

*except crimes committed by law enforcement and overzealous DAs, obviously

I think that the worm is starting to slowly turn on this one.  The curtain has been pulled back on these fake "Do-Gooders" and there's been more of a drumbeat for them to get theirs.

And "overzealous DAs" is really letting them off the hook.  The ones who cover for cops and hide evidence are not overzealous, they are human shaped viruses and excrement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

It's an occupying force. 

It's been building up for a long time.

This type of photo makes me that much more a staunch 2A supporter.

Unless we end the War on Drug and decriminalize all drugs at the Federal level it's going to keep getting worse. They're going to keep taking away more rights. Don't think local and federal enforcement won't be tapping right into contract tracing brought to you by our new pandemic. Between this, the war on terror and the PC bullshit happening to our first amendment rights in education at every level...  

It's going the wrong fucking way.

Stop the War in Drugs. It is the cause of the biggest social and race issues in this fucking country.

They won't because machiavellianism dictates you must keep the plebes fighting amongst themselves. Create divisions and tribes. Never let them come together to address the real issue. Get them to fight over red or blue like Crips and Bloods but with an elephant and donkey mascots. Get them to fight over nationality and skin tone. Take their money at will, go in any door you want and shoot them dead if they protest. Guilt or innocence are irrelevant.

Don't let them focus on the reality that both sides are behind the scheme.

It's working just like they want.

It's so refreshing to know that someone else really gets it.

Spot on man.

Like Koresh told 'em, "I'm sorry some of your guys got shot, but you show up at my door with guns and I'll meet you there every time."

Uh huh.

Edited by Cajun

2 hours ago, Orale said:
13 hours ago, Cajun said:

Also might be helpful if a few of the judges, DA's, and Police Chiefs had their doors kicked in one night and were filled full of holes.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The hell? He wasn't the target of the warrant. The police fucked up. Girl perspective.

• Like 2