Cops break into EMT’s apartment and kill her while searching for a suspect they already had in custody

Buzzrock

33 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Also might be helpful if a few of the judges, DA's, and Police Chiefs had their doors kicked in one night and were filled full of holes.

That'd be a shame.

Just a shame.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Firemans4Horn said:

According to the lawsuit, filed April 27, Louisville police executed a search warrant at Taylor’s home, looking for a man who did not live in Taylor’s apartment complex and had already been detained when officers came to Taylor’s apartment after midnight. Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was also in the apartment and, according to the lawsuit, shot at officers when they attempted to enter without announcing themselves. The lawsuit alleges that police fired more than 20 rounds of ammunition into the apartment.

Not sure it is possible to read a stupider sentence in my life. 

20 shots and hit 50% of their targets, was Shea Patterson on the force already?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Also might be helpful if a few of the judges, DA's, and Police Chiefs had their doors kicked in one night and were filled full of holes.

Been thinking about this some more.  It's genius and, perhaps, the answer to this all.

Whereas police, DAs, and judges are connected and more and more instrumental in the murder of the citizens who annoint them with the power to do so.

Whereas these murders are increasingly done now in plain sight of the public view.

Whereas they have been done, thus far, with relative impunity.

It is now ordered that the citizenry have reciprocal powers, bestowed by themselves, to issue warrants for no knock raids on said police, DAs, and judges at their places of residence in an attempt to interrrupt further murder by these people on the citizenry.  So, Fred and Earl live next to each other.  Fred decides to take Earl some video and internet "evidence" that cop "A", DA "B", and judge "C", are a clear and present danger to innocent citizens.  Earl agrees and issues a warrant for a no knock raid on each of their residences to gather further evidence - briefcases, documents, laptops, etc.  Fred and Earl gather their survivalist pals, execute the raids,  and a few cops, DAs, and judges get smoked because they didn't "IMMEDIATELY COMPLY".   Nothing happens to Fred, Earl and their pals because they were just trying to protect the pubic and "make it home safely", to their families.

Seems about as legit as all of their little "legal" rationalizations.

Get to it Fred and Earl!

Edited by Cajun

How the hell in 2020, when every time you pass a cop they are playing on their toughbook, do they end up at the wrong address. Looking for someone already in jail. This is like a plot to a movie. Kenneth Walker did nothing wrong and should be free.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know what's fascinating here?

The 2nd Amendment crowd -- you know the guys, you've seen 'em marching at a capitol building near you -- actually carry signs and rant about the evils of the gov't coming to kick down you door, and the necessity of being armed and using a gun to protect yourself from them.

This should be their banner case -- they should be marching on capitols (I mean, they've got the time) protesting this government murder of a lawful firearm user. 

But they're not.  Interesting.  I wonder why that is?

They're still organizing the Philando Castile protest. I mean, here was a guy with a legit concealed carry license who got shot after he truthfully told the cop about his weapon and then didn't reach for his gun. That's as perfect as it gets for the NRA. The mass protests are going to be epic.

• Like 7

Just now, Grandioso said:

They're still organizing the Philando Castile protest. I mean, here was a guy with a legit concealed carry license who got shot after he truthfully told the cop about his weapon and then didn't reach for his gun. That's as perfect as it gets for the NRA. The mass protests are going to be epic.

....any minute now....any minute....I'm sure they're coming, right?

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 12:54 PM, Brisketexan said:

You know what's fascinating here?

The 2nd Amendment crowd -- you know the guys, you've seen 'em marching at a capitol building near you -- actually carry signs and rant about the evils of the gov't coming to kick down you door, and the necessity of being armed and using a gun to protect yourself from them.

This should be their banner case -- they should be marching on capitols (I mean, they've got the time) protesting this government murder of a lawful firearm user. 

But they're not.  Interesting.  I wonder why that is?

It's absolute bullshit.  This poor mutherfucker is the very definitition of WRONGED.

Ummmm, this seems important and bad.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/louisville-postal-inspector-no-packages-of-interest-at-slain-emt-breonna-taylor-s-home/article_f25bbc06-96e4-11ea-9371-97b341bd2866.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – A U.S. postal inspector in Louisville said Metro police did not use his office to verify that a drug suspect was receiving packages at Breonna Taylor's apartment, one of the factors listed in officers' request for a "no-knock" warrant for her home.

But Tony Gooden said a different law enforcement agency asked his office in January to investigate whether Taylor's home was receiving any potentially suspicious mail. After looking into the request, he said, the local office concluded that it wasn't.

"There's no packages of interest going there," he said in an interview after WDRB News contacted him Friday.

Louisville Metro Police shot and killed Taylor, an emergency room tech and former EMT, during an early morning raid March 13. The shooting of Taylor, a black woman, has drawn national scrutiny and calls for an independent probe.

Gooden's disclosure raises new questions about the Louisville police department's justification for a warrant that allowed officers to enter the Springfield Drive apartment without knocking or identifying themselves — and why her home was even targeted.

Gooden declined to identify the agency that made the request for his office's aid, but said it occurred in January. Around the same time, according to an affidavit, Louisville police were conducting surveillance on Taylor's home, where they believed Jamarcus Glover — their main target — was keeping narcotics or proceeds from drug sales.

A day before the raid, a detective asked a judge to approve the warrant in part because he claimed a postal inspector verified that Glover was using Taylor's home to receive parcels, the affidavit says.

It is "possible" that Louisville police asked a mail inspector from another jurisdiction of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service for help, Gooden said, but he said his office almost surely would have been notified of an outside agent's involvement.

That didn't happen, he said. If a postal inspector from another agency did review packages at Taylor's apartment without notifying him, it would be innappropriate.

"They are coming into my area of responsibility looking into something that I very well may also be looking into," Gooden said. "They shouldn't come into my area of responsibility doing anything without notifying me."

Police claimed Glover was using Taylor's address as his home address and was seen picking up a package from her apartment on January 16 before driving to a "known drug house," according to an affidavit for the warrant approved on March 12.

"Affiant verified through a US Postal Inspector that Jamarcus Glover has been receiving packages" at Taylor's home, police wrote in the search warrant.

Gooden questioned why Louisville police would not rely on the local postal inspector for help with the investigation. "I don't know why you are in a city that houses a postal inspector office and not go through that postal inspector office?"

Gooden initially said postal inspectors would not be able to verify whether an individual was having packages sent to another person's home. However, he has since clarified that they can - but it would be "labor intensive."

Jessie Halladay, a police spokeswoman, declined to answer questions about the case because it is under investigation.

"If this warrant was based upon a blatant misrepresentation by LMPD officers to a circuit court judge, then add perjury to the list of the illegal officer conduct that led to a beautiful and innocent woman’s death," said Louisville attorney Sam Aguiar, who is representing Taylor's family in a lawsuit against the officers involved. "They should have never been at that home. And they should all be fired and prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law.”

Det. Brett Hankison and officers John Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove, with LMPD's Criminal Interdiction Division, burst into Taylor's Springfield Drive apartment around 1 a.m. March 13 to serve a search warrant, according to police reports. Taylor was inside the apartment with her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker.

The officers, according to the lawsuit filed against them on behalf of Taylor's family, "blindly fired" into her apartment, spraying bullets into Taylor's house and neighboring apartments "with a total disregard for the value of human life." Taylor, 26, was shot eight times.

Walker thought they were being robbed, according to his attorney, and fired at officers when they rushed in, hitting Mattingly in the leg. Walker has been charged with attempted murder.

Glover had already been arrested at his home several miles away, according to the lawsuit.

Police have said they identified themselves and repeatedly knocked on Taylor's door before using a battering ram to enter the unit, where they were met with gunfire.

However, in applying for the search warrant, police requested a "no-knock" entry to the apartment "due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate," including trying to destroy evidence and fleeing police.

A woman who lives next door said she woke up to the sound of gunshots and Walker yelling for help, according to an affidavit filed in court records. The woman said she never heard police announce themselves.

"All she heard was a ram (breaking through the door) and gunfire," according to court records.

Nothing illegal was found in Taylor's home.

Ahem...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – A U.S. postal inspector in Louisville said Metro police did not use his office to verify that a drug suspect was receiving packages at Breonna Taylor's apartment, one of the factors listed in officers' request for a "no-knock" warrant for her home.

Police have said they identified themselves and repeatedly knocked on Taylor's door before using a battering ram to enter the unit, where they were met with gunfire.

Cops love to turn the screws on any little discrepency in someone's story to get convictions.  They give little to no benefit of the doubt to us piece of shit ordinary citizens.  Funny, when they have holes in their stories that you could drive a Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier through they expect that vessel's water displacement's equivalent of benefit of the doubt.  

Because HERO.

• Like 1

Every single American Citizen should have security systems with motion detectors and real-time audio/video uploaded to a secure cloud account covering all potential entrances to their homes.

We are at the point where an LEO coming to your home for any reason is every bit the danger that any other criminal showing up would be.  Hell, probably much more of a danger.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

And I'm as big of a gun/2nd Amendment guy as you'll find on here (not named ArmyBrat), but fuck the NRA.  They don't represent jack shit in my world.

Fuck 'em straight to hell.

Wayne LaPierre (or however you spell it) is a piece of shit cockgobbler.

Right there with ya. The NRA is just another scam to raise money. It just happens to be a politics scam. I bailed on them in the early 90's when 4 out of 5 letters I got were from Wayne LaPierre asking for more money. The monthly newsletter was entertaining until it began to look like a Penthouse Forum of shooting anecdotes.

• Like 1

Read this dogshit drivel.

Yesterday, Judge Olu Stevens, released inmate Kenneth Walker on home incarceration. The Fraternal Order of Police condemns this Judge’s actions. Just one week ago, this man violently attacked our officers and was charged with attempted murder after shooting a sergeant! Not only is he a threat to the men and women of law enforcement, but he also poses a significant danger to the community we protect!

LMPD officers put their lives on the line everyday protecting the citizens of this community. Judge Stevens’ actions are a slap in the face to everyone wearing a badge. His actions place our community at risk of further violence! While we understand some of the current needs of our local corrections facility, we must sound the alarm now! Home incarceration was not designed for the most violent offenders! I call on the public to condemn the actions of Judge Olu Stevens and support your Louisville Metro Police Officers and protect your community.

Beam me up, Scotty.

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Right there with ya. The NRA is just another scam to raise money. It just happens to be a politics scam. I bailed on them in the early 90's when 4 out of 5 letters I got were from Wayne LaPierre asking for more money. The monthly newsletter was entertaining until it began to look like a Penthouse Forum of shooting anecdotes.

I have moved many times since I was a member, and they still shell out money to various databases for current addresses of folks like me who bailed on them, so they can send out fundraising mailers.  One recent one mentioned I would get a gym bag with a big ole NRA logo on it.

Because that’s exactly what I want in my vehicle or something that I carry around - something that screams that I’m a gun owner.   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I always assumed guys that were held in custody, like Walker, were there solely to be intimidated until they were released.  

36 minutes ago, Cajun said:

And to make them look guilty.

that's the whole purpose. intimidation, breaking down a person, and biasing the public against the person. "he's in jail because he's done a bad thing."

it's the same reason they bring prisoners in court in jumpsuits and shackles. make them look the part, act the part, and it's easy to get a jury to think that they are the part.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

that's the whole purpose. intimidation, breaking down a person, and biasing the public against the person. "he's in jail because he's done a bad thing."

it's the same reason they bring prisoners in court in jumpsuits and shackles. make them look the part, act the part, and it's easy to get a jury to think that they are the part.

And those are the kind of people who are like oxygen to these badged criminals.  They thrive on these low information, bootlicker types who automatically assume that LEOs are good people.

I think there are fewer of those types out there today, but still, there's way too fucking many.  

"I BACK THE BLUE NO MATTER WHAT!"  Because they provide you the illusion of safety?  Please don't breed.  Pretty please!

• Like 1

How is it possible that in the year 2020 the Louisville PD does not have ANY body cams?

Even if they can't afford them for every patrol Officer, they can certainly get some for the SWAT team.

I suspect they have them but every single one of them on this event suddenly quit working at the exact same time.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:03 AM, Orange&White said:

All of this shit that is happening isn't new. It's always been happening. They just can't hide it anymore because of cell phone cameras, social media, 24 hour news cycles, etc.

It was 100x worse before.  I guarantee you that.  I know a retired ER doc who worked some of Chicago's southside hospitals in the 80's/90's.  He talked about all the 'perps' dropped off on their doorstep and how the story never made any sense...well, more accurately, there was not even a story.  The cops back then didn't even care to make up a story - just dump a bleeding pile of flesh off at the doorstep and make their way home - safely. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

How is it possible that in the year 2020 the Louisville PD does not have ANY body cams?

Even if they can't afford them for every patrol Officer, they can certainly get some for the SWAT team.

I suspect they have them but every single one of them on this event suddenly quit working at the exact same time.

They can afford the cams, my man.  It's the impending lawsuits they can't afford. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It was 100x worse before.  I guarantee you that.  I know a retired ER doc who worked some of Chicago's southside hospitals in the 80's/90's.  He talked about all the perps dropped off on their doorstep and how the story never made any sense...well, more accurately, there was not even a story.  The cops back then didn't even care to make up a story - just dump a bleeding pile of flesh off at the doorstep and make their way home - safely. 

Let's be clear here, in this place and time - Cops are the "Perps".

• Like 2