Are you nearsighted?

ajax

I had glasses briefly at 12-13.  Nearsighted, but not horrifically.  As long as I can pass the DOT tests without correction, I'm not doing it.

I do have a hard time with glare and driving at night.  Especially if it's raining.  It's very difficult for me to pick things out.  Would glasses help that?  The reason I question it, is my grandpa had a really rough time driving at night and he had glasses.  

I've got central serous retinopathy.  Makes everything just off.  I've got one eye where people come in with normal skin tones and the other all washed out.  Doctor says to lower the blood pressure and that will help improve it.  It's a damn pain, but so far not affecting me too much.    I've always had a lazy eye, and the interesting thing is that the lazy eye is improving - the good eye is the one with the bad CSR.

They were ready to do cataract surgery and I went to get a second opinion from a cornea guy who sent me to a retina guy who diagnosed it.  Guy says if you can live with it, live with it, because surgery is a bad way to go, for this condition.  

Saw Bonanza in color the other day.  The Penderosa looked fake.

Oh, and according to eye guy, I've always been "kinda far sighted".  I've found that the frustrating thing about getting older is that the doctor is giving me prescriptions that capture "the midrange".  It used to be either reading and everything else.  Now it's reading books, reading smaller print, reading the computer, midrange, horizon.  

This is why I am learning to master a few blues chords.  For when it gets really bad.

bluesmen_blind-lemon-jefferson.jpg

• Like 1

Turned 40 this year. I’ve had corrective lenses since I was 11 or 12. I got as bad as -4.75 in my early 30s and then things took a turn the other way. I’m -3.50 now. Doctor said it was actually fairly normal. I’m one of those that can see much better up close without glasses. Sounds like lasik isn’t a good idea for my situation?

Had Lasik done in 2010 by Dr. Tylock in Irving. I had pretty bad astigmatism in both eyes. Cost me $2400 total. Best money I ever spent. Had to choose near or far vision or one eye near, one eye far. I tried a pair of glasses with the one eye each way and said nope. Went with far vision and use readers (+1.5). No ragrets.

Edited by RPM