8 bit Big 12 fight songs

Horn Dogg

34 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If that one bothers you then you must be insane from OUs stupid ass song and their 76-6-2 record against ISU.

I hate Boomer Sooner, but I'm so fucking beaten down it's not quite the same.

Oklahoma just beats the shit out of us (last few years notwithstanding).  KSU has absolutely tortured us.

11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I hate Boomer Sooner, but I'm so fucking beaten down it's not quite the same.

Oklahoma just beats the shit out of us (last few years notwithstanding).  KSU has absolutely tortured us.

I get it as OU is 27-3 against us so you kinda just shrug your shoulders and look forward to the game against TCU/Tech/Whomever.

In around 1976 or '77 some band members went in to the football locker rooms to clean their tubas or some shit after practice thinking no one was in there.  Out pops Earle Bruce and he goes bananas... "What the FUCK are you doing in here, this is the fucking VARSITY locker room!!!"  To which one of the band guys says, "COACH, it's okay, we're the VARSITY BAND."

They still call it the ISU Varsity Marching Band.

• Haha 2

The waving song isn't really our fight song, but Ride 'em Cowboys probably wouldn't sound good in 8 bit anyway. The history of our fight song trilogy is actually kind of interesting, to me at least. It's not an all time classic, but I like it well enough.

Edited by 'stache

On 5/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

This reminded me of how the sound of the KSU fight song viscerally enrages me.

That is literally the only thing I can find ok with KSU.  Honestly didn't recognize ISU's at all.  Guess it doesn't get played that much.  You should adopt the mid 90's ou rule of playing after every 3 and out.....on offense.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, 'stache said:

The waving song isn't really our fight song, but Ride 'em Cowboys probably wouldn't sound good in 8 bit anyway. The history of our fight song trilogy is actually kind of interesting, to me at least. It's not an all time classic, but I like it well enough.

Y'all's band is cool, as they are one of the only out of state bands that travels in full to DKR. 3rd Song of the trilogy is rarely heard by TV audiences, as the broadcast is in the commercials after a score and PAT. 

On 5/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, 'stache said:

I know that the waving song isn't your fight song, but it's really the one you hear on broadcasts, and has a more distinct melody than your other fight song, which I've only heard in person.

I guess, to me, the waving song is always what I associate melodically with OK State.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, mulletpelini said:

That is literally the only thing I can find ok with KSU.  Honestly didn't recognize ISU's at all.  Guess it doesn't get played that much.  You should adopt the mid 90's ou rule of playing after every 3 and out.....on offense.

I'm pretty sure current ISU would kick current Nebraska's ass. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I know that the waving song isn't your fight song, but it's really the one you hear on broadcasts, and has a more distinct melody than your other fight song, which I've only heard in person.

I guess, to me, the waving song is always what I associate melodically with OK State.

It's called The Waving Song?

Hell, I thought it was "Merry Go Round Broke Down."

• 2 weeks later...