2021 RB Jonathon Brooks

texifornia

17 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Miller > Blue

Hudl from his most recent game.  Incredible.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Fp3Jt

*Props to JM (or the Tyler Legacy staff) for continuing to post hudl highlights despite being committed.

edit- Apologies for posting Jamarion Miller highlight link in the JB thread - but it seemed worth a reply.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

Brooks appears to have been ready for opportunities. I like it when  kid makes good use of the time after high school to get himself ready to play. I also like smaller district RBs because they often play both ways and/or at multiple offensive positions and imo that makes for a better all around football player. I think this kid gets his time right after #5 inks  his first contract.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/20/2021 at 5:42 PM, BurntUp said:

I was thinking Butch Hadnot watching him. 

When Butch Hadnot broke off those consecutive 10+ yards runs for first downs in that OU game, I got light headed.

I actually had to sit down and wait for the second running play and then stood up, watched him gash the line and then started to fuzzy and had to sit down again. 

I wasn’t drinking and that had never happened to me before, nor has it happened since (including against USC in the Rose Bowl), but it happened that day. 

Butch Hadnot’s runs nearly made me pass out. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

When Butch Hadnot broke off those consecutive 10+ yards runs for first downs in that OU game, I got light headed.

I actually had to sit down and wait for the second running play and then stood up, watched him gash the line and then started to fuzzy and had to sit down again. 

I wasn’t drinking and that had never happened to me before, nor has it happened since (including against USC in the Rose Bowl), but it happened that day. 

I remember thinking "Man, I like Adrian Walker and Chris Samuels just fine... but we're keeping this guy on the bench?". 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He was straight up a bully that game. Intimated by no one. He liked to club his defenders. I see a parallel although the sample is small.

Edited by BurntUp

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Marcusshelton said:

This staff knows how to evaluate and develop. Brooks and also Burke show that it’s not always about star chasing. Sometimes it is, but being able to evaluate and develop is so important. 

Brooks was a Herman/Stan Drayton guy. This staff developed him though

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Arian Foster was playing like an all pro RB until he became a vegan.  Subsequently, he battled nagging injuries and played like crap.  The only variable that changed was Foster’s diet.  Not a fan.

Dude was Vegan for like 3 months. 

On 9/24/2021 at 9:34 PM, 1leggedduck said:

Brooks appears to have been ready for opportunities. I like it when  kid makes good use of the time after high school to get himself ready to play. I also like smaller district RBs because they often play both ways and/or at multiple offensive positions and imo that makes for a better all around football player. I think this kid gets his time right after #5 inks  his first contract.

Do you have any stock tips?

On 4/1/2022 at 2:59 PM, OB3 said:

Answering a  ??? from another thread, Brook's has a tattoo for his father on his forearm, and he is honoring his father after every touchdown.

Some questioned JB's numbers at 3A Hallettsville (70 TD), but his twitchiness clearly translates to D-1. FYI, Jordan Whittington played at 4A Quero, ~ 30 miles down the road.  Not bad for a couple of rural country boys.

JB does so many things well, but one of my favorite plays is the botched QB sneak-first down v. Alabama. We always hear a RB runs too high, but what is the alternative? JB, picking up the ball, and running, with his knees a few inches above the ground and a center of gravity ~ 2 feet above the ground.

image.png.d99be3945e65ac66a5da1b727825aedf.png

• Hook 'Em 3