2021 RB Jonathon Brooks

texifornia

49 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Doesn't go down easily and breaks a lot of tackles.  Will need to work on using pads better and ball security.  Damn fun to watch -- has a demeanor that reminds me of Earl Campbell.  

Damn fumble... sometimes I hate it when I'm right

Edited by LTtxfan

19 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Is the competition that bad or is he a freakin hoss? All I’ve seen of him in the playoffs he’s just wrecking people. 

He's a talented player, but competition is also lower because it's 3A.

He'll be a valuable college player with good coaching...

Jordan Whittington.

*I think 
I was at the game. I think 95ish. Played my HS. It was a record at the time for 3a, Fred smith got arrested a day or two before for I think stealing a car but got to play. He wanted to go to Texas and Texas only IIRC. But his off the fields were too much to overcome. Wonder what that dude is up to now.

He rushed for just under 400 I think.
  • Like 1

No sure what fucking point your trying to prove by posting his reported offers list, but the kid had 3500 yards rushing and 70 total TDs. I don’t give fuck if his only offer is Mary Hardin Baylor if he can play. Almost 12 yards a carry over nearly 300 carries is pretty damn good to me. If he can hold on to the ball and catch it he’s already better than Keaontay and his 30 offers.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, EE2B said:

No sure what fucking point your trying to prove by posting his reported offers list, but the kid had 3500 yards rushing and 70 total TDs. I don’t give fuck if his only offer is Mary Hardin Baylor if he can play. Almost 12 yards a carry over nearly 300 carries is pretty damn good to me. If he can hold on to the ball and catch it he’s already better than Keaontay and his 30 offers.

Since you’re so enthralled by stats, this season, our beloved Chaps beat Charles Wright’s Austin High team 62-0. Yesterday, a 5-foot-nothing sophomore QB from San Antonio Stevens led two long TD drives against us in the second quarter, on all passing plays, against our starters and Wright, playing with his first string, couldn’t manage a single point against our back-ups in garbage time. I was at both games.

Since you don’t understand my point, I’ll try to explain it to you. Under the fraud leadership of Turtle Tom Herman, the typically good recruits that we have been accustomed to getting, even in our most down years under Charlie, will no longer even consider playing for us. That’s because (pay attention here) they want to have a chance of getting to the NFL. instead, we have people like you citing stats for a player that we had to scrap it out with colossus programs like Houston Baptist, Louisiana and UTSA for. Actually, I shouldn’t include UTSA on the list, as they at least had a first round draft pick last season. I wonder if Tom gets a bonus from CDC if a player from the University of a Texas state system gets drafted in the first round? If they tried to claim credit for that one, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.

Maybe that player will turn out okay. The fact that people like you have bought into the BS is part of the problem. While many of us have come around about Tom Herman (hey, I was really excited when he came here-truth) this laughably embarrassing, hopeless, wretched recruiting class is just the latest indicator that we will never be anything ever again until we get him out of here and get a real coach that actually talented recruits want to play for. Don’t believe me? Look who Clemson, Bama, Oregon and slew of other programs landed. 

But please feel free to keep sharing stats about our amazing recruits that no other major programs even bothered to research. I’m sure everything will be just fine. Have fun cheering at the Spring Game. Maybe Herman can win that game.

Star-Remover.jpg

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Fuck You 1

I get it.  He might end up like Traylon Shead or he might end up like Saquon Barkley.  Barkley had four offers.  He committed to the fucking powerhouse that is Rutgers.  He got an offer from Pitt and then late in the game Penn Sate offered and he flipped.  I hope Brooks does well and we sign both of his cousins from Shiner.  They are all three very good at football.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Since you’re so enthralled by stats, this season, our beloved Chaps beat Charles Wright’s Austin High team 62-0. Yesterday, a 5-foot-nothing sophomore QB from San Antonio Stevens led two long TD drives against us in the second quarter, on all passing plays, against our starters and Wright, playing with his first string, couldn’t manage a single point against our back-ups in garbage time. I was at both games.
Since you don’t understand my point, I’ll try to explain it to you. Under the fraud leadership of Turtle Tom Herman, the typically good recruits that we have been accustomed to getting, even in our most down years under Charlie, will no longer even consider playing for us. That’s because (pay attention here) they want to have a chance of getting to the NFL. instead, we have people like you citing stats for a player that we had to scrap it out with colossus programs like Houston Baptist, Louisiana and UTSA for. Actually, I shouldn’t include UTSA on the list, as they at least had a first round draft pick last season. I wonder if Tom gets a bonus from CDC if a player from the University of a Texas state system gets drafted in the first round? If they tried to claim credit for that one, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.
Maybe that player will turn out okay. The fact that people like you have bought into the BS is part of the problem. While many of us have come around about Tom Herman (hey, I was really excited when he came here-truth) this laughably embarrassing, hopeless, wretched recruiting class is just the latest indicator that we will never be anything ever again until we get him out of here and get a real coach that actually talented recruits want to play for. Don’t believe me? Look who Clemson, Bama, Oregon and slew of other programs landed. 
But please feel free to keep sharing stats about our amazing recruits that no other major programs even bothered to research. I’m sure everything will be just fine. Have fun cheering at the Spring Game. Maybe Herman can win that game.
Star-Remover.jpg

Just because I said maybe the offers don’t reflect this kids ability doesn’t mean I’ve bought into anything other than I think this kid could be good. I guess you thought we shouldn’t have offered Sam Cosmi because he only had 3 other reported offers and was a 3 star. He is potentially a first round pick. You also realize that D’Onta Foreman was a three star as well and only reported 7 offers with Texas being his best offer. Hell most teams only wanted him if he brought Armanti with him. He only rushed for 2000 yards in 2016 and won the Doak Walker award if my memory is correct. By all means don’t let “stats” get in the way of your shitty takes. Keep spewing your bullshit all over the thread and posting your shops.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:10 PM, Dilligas said:

Is the competition that bad or is he a freakin hoss? All I’ve seen of him in the playoffs he’s just wrecking people. 

Yes.

12 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Look who we beat out for Brooks. This is what Tom Herman has brought us to.

I understand your point and it's a fair one to an extent, as they shouldn't have to rely on it much as they do, but if this staff has done one thing well it's identify three-star types with potential well beyond their recruiting ranking.

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand people are tired of our lackluster performance but they also need to be honest.

NFL teams are morons and are choosing to devalue Big 12 guys in some cases. But those are the morons our players are trying to impress, and we need to do that. With wins. Cause Poona Ford is a prime example of producing at a high level in college. Yet got overlooked. Roach is a bit different but he did enough to warrant being drafted.

We have been putting guys in the NFL. And many have outperformed their pick/projections. We need less dumb game planning, scheme development and poorly timed play calling. To result in More wins.

I don't think we're seeing a lack of development although I'm not convinced our S&C program is where it needs to be. For instance, Ingram may well be too bulked up. I do think our DB haul from 2018 really lacked top end talent. But it appears Overshown has figured out his upside, which is probably more on him. Fosters been hurt. Jamison will get drafted. Cook was mentioned as technically advanced but limited physically. Green has been inconsistent with his production. It's hard to know on Sterns, but he's been hurt and is not a superior athlete.

It's more lack of wins than lack of development in my opinion. I suppose we did not develop them into Superman. But Bama, Clemson and Ohio State are really doing unprecedented things right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Just because I said maybe the offers don’t reflect this kids ability doesn’t mean I’ve bought into anything other than I think this kid could be good. I guess you thought we shouldn’t have offered Sam Cosmi because he only had 3 other reported offers and was a 3 star. He is potentially a first round pick. You also realize that D’Onta Foreman was a three star as well and only reported 7 offers with Texas being his best offer. Hell most teams only wanted him if he brought Armanti with him. He only rushed for 2000 yards in 2016 and won the Doak Walker award if my memory is correct. By all means don’t let “stats” get in the way of your shitty takes. Keep spewing your bullshit all over the thread and posting your shops.

Well, my "shopped bullshit" are some of the most popular posts here, and on 104.9 the Horn, where they read them out on-air, so thanks, I will continue to keep "spewing" away, but maybe you can do a Masterclass and teach me how to post content people want to read here, so they won't have to keep clicking likes on all my posts.

Each year under Herman, our recruiting class gets a little more tragic. Yet, like clockwork, people are all excited about players that no other program wanted. Hurray! Some dude ran all over players so small that they look like bobbleheads in their helmets.

The best HS players won't come here anymore, because they know that they won't get developed. Lots of players, like Cosmi whom you mentioned, have opted out of our bowl game because they rightly perceive that they have nothing to gain from the coaching.

If you still have any hope that good players will come here and get developed, you're not paying attention.       

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, EE2B said:

You do know that D'Onta Foreman played for another coach, correct? Just checking.

4 minutes ago, EE2B said:

So offers only matter under Herman and not Strong or Mack? Got it.

Counting Mack after 2009, they all sucked. Strong sucked. Herman continues to suck. I have 0% confidence that any player who comes here will be developed into a high-performing player until that fraud is gone.

Spewingly yours,

TreatyOak  

Oct-5-2019-Morgantown-WV-USA-Texas-Longh 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, cafe society said:

If he doesn't leave his mark at RB I think he would make an excellent LB.  He's not a burner but his vision and balance are outstanding, he cuts on a dime and he can catch the ball.  On defense he closes quickly to the ball and can hit.  He's fast enough for LB, even in the Big 12.

These were my thoughts too.  He may work out better long term at LB just because he'd put on more weight and at his height, maybe grow out of the position since he's not a speedster.  But some players are sensitive to what they think is their best position. Give him a shot at rb though and see what happens.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1