2021 RB Jonathon Brooks

texifornia

3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

These were my thoughts too.  He may work out better long term at LB just because he'd put on more weight and at his height, maybe grow out of the position since he's not a speedster.  But some players are sensitive to what they think is their best position. Give him a shot at rb though and see what happens.   

I wish our coaches didn’t recruit players for positions they don’t want to play. Let Robert or Johnny try to play QB, Mack. If they are buried in the depth chart behind Garrett, Case, and David, then suggest a move to DB. If they refuse and transfer, you’re no worse off.

15 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

Don't let Brook's offers fool you. I have a very close source to the Brooks dad and that source stated a number of times Jimbo and Riley kept in contact with JB constantly. Its what fueled the rumors a few months ago of him decommitting. 

Yeah he had options. He just stayed solid and didn't report offers. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• 8 months later...
12 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Got to give my hometown boy some love!  He made chicken salad out of chicken shit a couple times and had the long run.  Don’t sleep on him, watching him in high school carry a whole team and have some of the best field vision and cuts I’ve seen in a while…   He will be producing big time for us one day.  

He looked very instinctual. I was glad to see him get some touches.

17 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Got to give my hometown boy some love!  He made chicken salad out of chicken shit a couple times and had the long run.  Don’t sleep on him, watching him in high school carry a whole team and have some of the best field vision and cuts I’ve seen in a while…   He will be producing big time for us one day.  

Hopefully we get his cousin(s)

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Hopefully we get his cousin(s)

Yea the one game I went to this year was vs Shiner, they are not really on the same level.  They might do good at a Sam Houston or something but the rb was pretty shut down by a ok 2a defense and the other was blocked pretty good by a not above average line.  

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea the one game I went to this year was vs Shiner, they are not really on the same level.  They might do good at a Sam Houston or something but the rb was pretty shut down by a ok 2a defense and the other was blocked pretty good by a not above average line.  

You’re a moron. Dalton brooks ‘23 is a fucking stud and is a top 50 composite recruit. He ain’t an fcs player. Post less. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

You’re a moron. Dalton brooks ‘23 is a fucking stud and is a top 50 composite recruit. He ain’t an fcs player. Post less. 

You know I know you are from Shiner? Lol  He’s not close to the same level as UT’s Brooks and would seriously never see the field at UT….  Just look at his stats in a lower division vs our Brooks and Shiner had a disincentive better oline then Hallettsville.  One broke records the others is just pretty good at a lower level….

Edited by Hook1997

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

You know I know you are from Shiner? Lol  He’s not close to the same level as UT’s Brooks and would seriously never see the field at UT….  Just look at his stats in a lower division vs our Brooks and Shiner has a better oline then Hallettsville.  

You do know he’s being recruited to play safety, right?

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You do know he’s being recruited to play safety, right?

Yea no clue I figured he was comparing rb stats…..  It’s small 2a football in Shiner I never knew a corner back at that level could be considered a great recruit.   Maybe my bad?

Edited by Hook1997

8 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Dalton reports offers from Texas, aggy, Bama, tOSU, LSU, OU, Georgia, Notre Dame, USC among others. Be pretty wild if he started out at Sam Houston

Like I said I was more focused on his RB play but how you can tell a good CB at that level surprises me he got that rating?  I’m guessing height and speed but that’s a big gamble I’d say.  Actually very surprised by his 247 rating, to me a much more of a project take then a RB who broke records at the level above.  But what do I know about recruiting, seriously.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

That's what we've been trying to tell you.

If that kid starts at Texas or Alabama ever, meals and drinks on me.  As one of the few here to actually see him play football atleast.  The not standout at that level and not same level of pure football player still stands. 

Edited by Hook1997

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If that kid starts at Texas or Alabama ever, meals and drinks on me.  As one of the few here to actually see him play football atleast.  The not standout at that level and not same level of pure football player still stands. 

Using your logic, if I rated JBrooks on how he played CB it means he’d be a shitty player altogether. 
Im hoping Brooks does continue to grow but Whittington could and did play multiple positions and was a hell of a safety. Brooks was a meh DB and didn’t he give up the winning td that got Hall knocked out? I wouldn’t look at that play and say no way he ever plays D1. Maybe projecting recruits isn’t your forte. 

Burton compared Brooks' "make you miss ability" to none other than Jamaal Charles. 

Yeah, I don't think so, but Brooks should be a fine player at Texas. They're only promised three years in the program, but I would try and redshirt Brooks this season. They need to create some separation from Bijan and Roschon. 

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Burton compared Brooks' "make you miss ability" to none other than Jamaal Charles. 

Yeah, I don't think so, but Brooks should be a fine player at Texas. They're only promised three years in the program, but I would try and redshirt Brooks this season. They need to create some separation from Bijan and Roschon. 

It will be hard to redshirt him, especially if you have Rueben Owens coming up directly behind him.

I think the Jamaal comp is a similar slalom-like weave thru traffic, which I did see from Brooks Saturday. But I’m certain JB has nowhere the top end speed of Charles. Few do/have. Brooks really impressed me… yes, it was Rice, but he was navigating traffic and made a lot of people miss. I’m glad he got a chance to play, as we learned in 2018 (and the Baltimore Ravens this year), you can be down to your fourth RB option in a hurry.

• Hook 'Em 2