The all encompassing RV thread

troph

These should be available at every Colorado drugstore for ~$10-15. I use it a few times a day when visiting friends that have a place above 10K feet in the Leadville area.  Remember to cut back on alcohol when at elevation.
BXY001.jpg
So that's who buys those things. I've always wondered.
  • Haha 1

We have some on hand as well.  A member of my household that I’m related to by marriage read that some people with suppressed blood oxygenation from covid were using them with some results, and a few days later a 6 pack arrived on the front door. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Thanks for those. I’m good now. Seemed to be a one morning thing. If it persists I’ll grab some. Yes I drink less up here drink less anyway. I’m a big fan of the new wave of NA beers. At least a few of them. Coupled with plain ole CBD (no THC) and I’m chill and good.

3 hours ago, davidg said:

"Honey, we're taking the trailer to Colorado next summer to meet some assholes from the internet",   code word is Muledick.

Lol. I'm imagining a plethora of RV's converging on a desolate spot in the mountains and husbands jumping out of their trucks yelling muledick in every direction 

"Honey, we're taking the trailer to Colorado next summer to meet some assholes from the internet",   code word is Muledick.

Revision - code word is mountain pussy trailer.

I will plan this if y’all aren’t careful.

Leaving it in Gunnison it seems like. Coming back August 1-15. Not sure where. Basalt, summit county, ouray, Durango, crested butte, telluride all on the list.

We’ve had a hell of a good time. Colorado Springs, S. Platte, Gunnison near Black Canyon, Blue Mesa Reservoir, highway 133, highway 92, basalt. Aspen, Ruedi Reservoir, and the frying pan. Shit almost met Annie tonight having dinner with friends who moved to aspen - John Denver’s Annie but she was afraid we had covid. Shit girl I’ve got a lot more for you to worry about than that! Next time though. Pretty damn good trip on 3 weeks notice if I do say so myself.

Squeezing in a morning of fishing and I’m sure a few more pics to come. Then headed to pick up the boys, store the trailer and skeedaddle back to Texas.

2 hours ago, troph said:

August weather ...?

Snowing on you is rare at that time and won't be anything that sticks. Dropping into the upper 30s overnight isn't uncommon but mostly altitude dependent. Snow melt will be over leaving the rivers low at that time. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Amazon and UPS delivery guy’ and gal’s are gonna be hating us over the next few weeks dropping off stuff to outfit a new RV. I’m buying outside stuff and the wife is setting up the kitchen and beds.  Shit’s expensive.

Man the drive from Aspen to Twin Lakes on SH 82... unbelievable!!!

fc3f330f59d8d532cf3a8f2a30e83ca9.jpg

5 mins later at Independence Pass - top of the Rockies, surreal. Even mount Evans wasn’t the same. Tundra like hills but 15k feet up. shoulda stoped for a pic but we were in a hurry.

• Like 3

Amazon and UPS delivery guy’ and gal’s are gonna be hating us over the next few weeks dropping off stuff to outfit a new RV. I’m buying outside stuff and the wife is setting up the kitchen and beds.  Shit’s expensive.

Best Christmas ever!!!

Snowing on you is rare at that time and won't be anything that sticks. Dropping into the upper 30s overnight isn't uncommon but mostly altitude dependent. Snow melt will be over leaving the rivers low at that time. 

What does that mean for fishing ?

[mention]Chewbacca [/mention] what’s up with Monarch Mountain area? So many dead pines and the pines that are alive look sickly. Is it the pine beetle or something else?
Beetle kill is all over the state. It was really bad a few years ago. It's slowly getting better since the beetles finally left.

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, troph said:
[mention]Chewbacca [/mention] what’s up with Monarch Mountain area? So many dead pines and the pines that are alive look sickly. Is it the pine beetle or something else?

Beetle kill is all over the state. It was really bad a few years ago. It's slowly getting better since the beetles finally left.

finally left?  did they move to the east side, a deluxe apartment in the sky?

Can't speak from the RV perspective, but just from day tripping around the area.  My mom has a place up near south fork. Durango is a fun place to walk around and grab a bite, but pagosa is pretty underwhelming. Creede was a nice little mountain town to grab a beer and a walk. Little theater there that might be fun to catch a show at. 

• Like 1

Lake City is a great place to spend some time.  Gorgeous area.

I’ve got a colleague who has a place there. We might take a detour to see the area.

Trailer stored.

About to hit road.

Amazing trip. We both rated it higher though different than our small ship cruise through the Greek isles last summer. Surprised we had that much fun these past two weeks.

Back August 1-15.

By the end of this summer and factoring in prior trips to Denver, Idaho Springs/Mount Evans and Breck, we will have seen almost every major area south of 70.

3 hours ago, troph said:

I’ve got a colleague who has a place there. We might take a detour to see the area.

Trailer stored.

About to hit road.

Amazing trip. We both rated it higher though different than our small ship cruise through the Greek isles last summer. Surprised we had that much fun these past two weeks.

Back August 1-15.

By the end of this summer and factoring in prior trips to Denver, Idaho Springs/Mount Evans and Breck, we will have seen almost every major area south of 70.

One of the best way to avoid the blues at the end of a great trip is to have another one on the books.  We are going to Telluride from July 17 to Aug 9.  Cannot wait to get out of the heat.

Edited by Johnny Sack

14 hours ago, troph said:

Yeah we travel enough that we don’t get the blues much anymore. We like to go home and I like to get back to an easy way of working (I work on every trip).

I work on every trip also.  I prefer going west for the time change.  I stay on Texas time and wake up around 5.  I work until 9 or so when the wife and kids are finishing breakfast.  Check back in later in the day.  Makes it easier to take 3-4 week vacations and not get behind.  If our school does not open back up, a may pull a Wulawhorn and rent a place around for a few months and just home school the kids while we work remotely.  Courts are going to be shutdown anyway (and right now my three biggest cases are in California).

For the savings in tuition, I can rent something nice long-term.  I have zero interest paying $50k for fucking online school.

I’m the exact same way. I love trips to CA because I can have 3-4 hours done by 10am local time then have a full day, check back at 3pm for any flare ups, hit 4-5 hours of work per day and enjoy the day and the evening out there. By the end of a week though I start to adjust to the time change and 6am local time isn’t as easy as 8am Texas time. Problem with the RV set up is we are going places where work is super hard with no good connectivity infrastructure. We are going to have to figure that out for August 1-15.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m the exact same way. I love trips to CA because I can have 3-4 hours done by 10am local time then have a full day, check back at 3pm for any flare ups, hit 4-5 hours of work per day and enjoy the day and the evening out there. By the end of a week though I start to adjust to the time change and 6am local time isn’t as easy as 8am Texas time. Problem with the RV set up is we are going places where work is super hard with no good connectivity infrastructure. We are going to have to figure that out for August 1-15.

People that do this all the time have both Sprint and Verizon mobile hot spots and speed test them each morning to see which is the fastest that day and location.

People that do this all the time have both Sprint and Verizon mobile hot spots and speed test them each morning to see which is the fastest that day and location.

We do that with AT&T and Verizon but the places we really want to camp have zero bars for both.