Alzheimer's research - what is the best charity?

Wife's 88 year old grandmother died Sunday night. . .old age, basically, but she had been suffering with Alzheimer's for a few years.

Family has asked me to find the most reputable, deserving Alzheimer's charity for donations in lieu of flowers.

Cursory research shows there are multiple organizations, does anyone here have direct experience with any of them?

Would actually like the money to help people, not just finance hookers and blow.

Edited by BearSchlong

Guest Lobo

Cannot absolutely speak to their efficacy as a charity solely in the Alzheimer's Space.  But they are incredibly passionate, effective on the backend, efficient as an organization, and transparent in terms of reporting mechanisms and results on the research side.  

dkrfund.org 

It serves every same purpose with every same efficiency.  And it has a Burnt Orange tint.  I don't have two nickels to rub together but I helped my good friend raise 150,000 for it last year and we just got word that well over 135,000 went straight to direct research.  I don't mean just that much to the scientists and admin, but 135k just to the labs and clinics.  
Anyway, my two cents.  I could go on...