So the sheriff just stopped in my yard

Shoxthemonkey

2 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Looks like something is happening a half mile sw of me. 10-12 vehicles just rolled up in a hurry. There is an old hayshed and outbuildings there. I can only see the tops of the SUVs. Just waiting for the gunfire.

You sure this is actually happening and you’re not watching The Outsider?

What I have been able to find out is that 2, maybe 3 suspects were trying to break into my closest neighbors house when one of the neighbors came home. They scattered and the manhunt was on.  I drove past a couple of parked vehicles with out of county plates on my way home. They were parked 1/4 mile from the targeted house and the same distance from my house. I'm guessing they were our suspects vehicles. I haven't heard any official news of their capture and Facebook is all over the place. I always have my pistol by the nightstand so  business as usual. Maybe sleep with one eye open. I'm sure the local cafe will be buzzing at breakfast tomorrow. I'll update as I get the real news. I'm just glad they went west to my neighbor and not east to my house. Wife was home alone and I hate to think how that could have gone. 

Here's the latest cafe scuttlebutt. 3 Hispanic roofers did something furtive and were chased by LEO to my neck of the woods. They ditched their vehicles by my North property line and went west on foot. They tried to get refuge in his outbuildings but the law cornered them there. Two were taken into custody but the third got away. The local County Sheriff and KHP were the agencies that I witnessed but others are claiming that ATF was involved. I dunno.

I have heard everything from them being undocumented, to armed robbery, to murder for their transgression but most likely it had more to do with them being unlike 99% of us round here. The only Hispanics in town own and operate the local Mexican Cantina. They will face some backlash, I'm guessing. The Karens want the city to throw all of the brown roofers out of town. Hope they don't mind waiting til Christmas to get their roofs fixed if they do that.

Wife and I had a lovely evening in spite of all  the commotion. This was the most excitement we've had around here since they blew up our donut shop for "Mars Attacks".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Except she knows where the .45 is, too. 

She has her own 9mm. She doesn't shoot often but she hits what she shoots at. Tough farmgirl that can be more self-reliant than many of the men I know. Too stubborn to ever ask for help.

We have been together now for 50 years and I can't imagine it without her. I honestly hope I go first.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

dude...i know how you rolled.  former Anabaptist myself.  MCC holla!

Did you ever make it to Hutchison, KS for the annual MCC auction? Mom and her church ladies always made a few quilts to sell. Most of them would bring a couple K. It was amazing how talented these folks were/are. I don't share their dogma but they are some hardworking, industrious, ready-to-give-a-helping-hand folks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I'll post them in the morning. 

The plane is heading back towards town. Maybe the manhunt is over.

Nope. He's back and circling closer

[Blazing]The sheriff is near[Saddles]

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pics of overdone steak?

Untitled-attachment-00019.jpg

A disclaimer. I was eating in the TV room with the plate in my lap so I could see out of the windows and keep an eye on the manhunt. The steak was delicious and I'll cut the first mother that says it LDAF.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Dear God tell me 🙏 the dog's ok and you aren't black...

You should listen to this man. He's a shooter.

19 hours ago, irishtexan said:

If he were black he wouldn't have been able to come back and post.

...because he would've had to return the stolen laptop?

16 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Happy anniversary dude. Make sure and take the old lady to pound town tonight 

He prob couldn't perform knowing that a 5'5" hispanic fella may be watching him through the window.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

You should listen to this man. He's a shooter.

...because he would've had to return the stolen laptop?

He prob couldn't perform knowing that a 5'5" hispanic fella may be standing on a chair watching him through the window.

Fify

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Where the hell you been, Bro? Geriatric sex, firearms and food talk. I expected you earlier.

See my previous post. 
Plus I’ve been dealing with a malfunctioning combination lock on my gun safe Half the day today.

4 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Here's the latest cafe scuttlebutt. 3 Hispanic roofers did something furtive and were chased by LEO to my neck of the woods. They ditched their vehicles by my North property line and went west on foot. They tried to get refuge in his outbuildings but the law cornered them there. Two were taken into custody but the third got away. The local County Sheriff and KHP were the agencies that I witnessed but others are claiming that ATF was involved. I dunno.

I have heard everything from them being undocumented, to armed robbery, to murder for their transgression but most likely it had more to do with them being unlike 99% of us round here. The only Hispanics in town own and operate the local Mexican Cantina. They will face some backlash, I'm guessing. The Karens want the city to throw all of the brown roofers out of town. Hope they don't mind waiting til Christmas to get their roofs fixed if they do that.

Wife and I had a lovely evening in spite of all  the commotion. This was the most excitement we've had around here since they blew up our donut shop for "Mars Attacks".

Sumbitches probably did a sloppy nailover job.

19 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Damn gentlemen, congrats on the longevity and those anniversaries. 

Has it ever been determined who the oldest poster is on the Shag errr Surly?

There is at least one oldfart octogenarian posting here, or so it appears. Forgot his handle.

Ok. Facebook says 5'5" Hispanic with ATF warrants is on the loose. We had a bad hailstorm a couple weeks back so you can't swing a cat without hitting a short Hispanic roofer. Really narrows it down. When all the roofs are fixed we will have 4 Hispanics left.

Secret Service finally read Brisket’s posts?