Mail In Voting

Ted Lange

25 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Isn't it hilarious that Trump and the Republicans, who have done nothing to strengthen voting machines, are worried about mail-in election fraud?

If they strengthen the voting machines, folks across the big water wouldn't be able to access the data. Really hard to access the mail from there, though....

There is kind of an issue with mail/absentee ballots, but I'm not 100% sure it's fraud.

John Wiley Price and Kathy Neal have/had a vote-delivering machine whereby they (their minions more accurately) would assist elderly and impoverished minority voters with securing and filling out absentee ballots and making sure they were delivered on time.  All ostensibly legal, except we don't really know how the machine influences the actual votes cast.

It's somewhat predictable how these ballots are voted, both by the demographic involved and with the "assistance" provided by the "machine."  That's why I'm not quite sure it's fraud.

However, on occasion, that machine gets involved in delivering the vote on issues that that demographic would not necessarily support.  That demographic turned out heavily in support of Dallas' Trinity Project and the AA arena deal.  By most accounts because Ross Perot, Jr. and other citizens council types engaged the Price/Neal machine.

As someone pointed out, in a local election, a few hundred votes can make all the difference.

Even if this is the dirtiest of vote fraud, it's a relatively small-scale deal and probably not enough evidence to scrap absentee/mail-in voting entirely.

This is how JWP accrued a lot of power in Dallas County.  He can deliver the vote.  And his utility to whitey is why he hasn't been prosecuted often or successfully.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, StassneyHorn said:

I’d much rather have Beto say, “election administrators cannot verify a disability or your sickness, they assume your interpretation is correct” than sharing a headline that says you can’t vote by mail.

Yeah.

And my wife and I are requesting absentee ballots because of that.

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Of course they do.  Everything that comes out of GOP/Trumpkins mouth is a lie.  That's the starting point.  

Don't bother running down these rumors or these falsehoods.   America is unemployed, burning and dying.  They're in charge.  That's the only thing they need to be reporting on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hell no, too easy to commit fraud by other party.  You can stand in a line at Walmart, The grocery store you can wait in line to vote.

These are not comparable at all.

Polling locations are limited in availability unlike grocery stores. It's going to be impossible to prevent crowding at polling locations because unlike stores because they are not located all over the place. Plus grocery stores are operated by young people and polling locations are operated by Covid's primary kill zone.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hell no, too easy to commit fraud by other party.  You can stand in a line at Walmart, The grocery store you can wait in line to vote.

I order my groceries on an app. The next day, I drive to the store, pop my trunk, and then they load my groceries and sign for me. If I lived in a less rural area, they'd deliver my groceries by mail. If the grocery store will accommodate basic and reasonable precautions for my liquid smoke order, surely the government should do the same for something as sacred as the right to vote. Using COVID to accelerate the systematic disenfranchisement of large portions of our country is just another cynical and disgusting sign of our times.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mole said:

I order my groceries on an app. The next day, I drive to the store, pop my trunk, and then they load my groceries and sign for me. If I lived in a less rural area, they'd deliver my groceries by mail. If the grocery store will accommodate basic and reasonable precautions for my liquid smoke order, surely the government should do the same for something as sacred as the right to vote. Using COVID to accelerate the systematic disenfranchisement of large portions of our country is just another cynical and disgusting sign of our times.

You're using logic on the illogical 

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Why would any American think it’s appropriate to support limiting their most basic right? 

Or a more important question, why is it ok for olds to vote by mail but not for me? Do olds not commit fraud? Or is it not about that? I’d like to think you know the answer but we all know the level you operate at.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mole said:

I order my groceries on an app. The next day, I drive to the store, pop my trunk, and then they load my groceries and sign for me. If I lived in a less rural area, they'd deliver my groceries by mail. If the grocery store will accommodate basic and reasonable precautions for my liquid smoke order, surely the government should do the same for something as sacred as the right to vote.

User name checks out. (Although I don't feel this recipe feels like it has the requisite craziness.)

chicken mole

[main recipe page]

categories: [mexican] [poultry]

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 1/2 tsp salt, divided cooking spray 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 tbs minced jalopeno pepper 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 3/4 tsp chili powder 1/4 tsp ground cumin 1/8 tsp ground allspice 1/8 tsp ground cloves 3 tbsp blanched almonds, toasted 1 day-old corn tortilla, broken into pieces 1 8.5oz can whole tomatoes, not drained dash BBQ smoked seasoning (e.g. liquid smoke) 3/4 oz sweet baking chocolate 1/4 cup water 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted cilantro sprigs (optional)

sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt. coat skillet with cooking spray, heat medium-high. cook chicken, remove from pan.

• Hook 'Em 2