Anyone have a home margarita machine?

Macanudo

I have a Margarittaville. Haven't used it enough to get the ratios right, but I used at one party and no one complained. I have made some good lemon freezes without the booze. Do let the ice sit out for several minutes before using it. I don't know why, but letting it "soften up" a little produces more snow and less shards. 

I have an older tailgate one called The Margarator

picture_1ii.jpg

It's made by Nostalgia and runs off 110 or 12v (whatever it takes). Makes 1 gallon at a time. Surprisingly durable.

They have a newer 110 only version on Amazon for $79. It's basically a blender on steroids.

81BaefVQNTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by RPM

Wife received one as a bachelorette party gift 12 years ago; looks something like this.  It's a Margaritaville machine:

s-l640.jpg

I'm not sure what exact model we have, but in regards to it's functionality and whatnot we break it out a couple of times a year and it does what it does with no issues.

We wouldn't have bought one ourselves, however.  Wife prefers vino and I like my whisky.

6 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

If you want to make actual frozen margaritas, avoid any machine that requires you to add ice. You're just adding water.

A real frozen margarita machine will freeze the rita mix you put in it.

Hey remember when we drank margaritas in Oxford? 

18 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

I still can't believe they let me on the sidelines. I could barely walk, speak coherently or hold my camera straight.

Yet I'm pretty sure you were one of the people who helped carry me INTO the stadium before the game. I had to have two of you on either side so it looked like I could walk straight. 

What does the machine do that a blender won’t? I get that the best are made one a time in a shaker but that doesn’t scale for a party.

I’ve always just gone for the can of Bacardi lime and added ice and tequila and triple sec to taste for mass quantities.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

What does the machine do that a blender won’t? I get that the best are made one a time in a shaker but that doesn’t scale for a party.

I’ve always just gone for the can of Bacardi lime and added ice and tequila and triple sec to taste for mass quantities.

An real frozen drink machine freezes the mix you put in it.

Blender machines require you to add ice. They aren't freezing your drink mix, just adding ice (water) to it.

Pretty sure I met NL at that game and he doesnt remember. I think he was hanging on to a pole for dear life.

We have the Margaritaville Bali at our beach house and it is the tits

Now it’s expensive but stop being a pussy and go buy one.

Cheers

Have the margaritaville key west model. It’s easy to use and can do 3 pitchers with one load of ice.

It’s easy enough my 15 year old is quite the bartender when we have people over, she keeps everyone’s drinks full and makes good daiquiris, pina coladas, and margaritas with it which means I don’t have to ;-)

Had a Margaritaville machine at deer lease.  We got tore up on ranch water, then decided we didn’t like frozen ritas and proceeded to fill the glass Margaritaville pitcher with gasoline and then put 3 lbs of tannerite next to it.  Blew the thing to bits with a glorious fireball.  

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, deadshank said:

Had a Margaritaville machine at deer lease.  We got tore up on ranch water, then decided we didn’t like frozen ritas and proceeded to fill the glass Margaritaville pitcher with gasoline and then put 3 lbs of tannerite next to it.  Blew the thing to bits with a glorious fireball.  

This sounds fun.....;)

On 5/24/2020 at 10:54 AM, Flg8rfan said:

It’s easy enough my 15 year old is quite the bartender when we have people over, she keeps everyone’s drinks full and makes good daiquiris, pina coladas, and margaritas with it which means I don’t have to 😉

Started her too late.

12 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Wait, I'm confused.  Do males actually drink frozen margaritas?  I haven't had a frozen margarita in 25 years.

Huh...always thought the opposite.  Whenever I'm out having Mexican with friends, the only ones drinking rocks are the womenz.  I just assumed it was mostly because they all get them "skinny" or some equivalent.

The frozen margarita is the great differentiator for Mexican food.  You can literally make every drink and food on every menu if you know what you're doing.  But a good frozen margarita (without a mostly impractical, expensive machine) is unattainable.  It's one of the main things that makes good TexMex so magical.