My families Great American Adventure

Wulaw Horn

• 2 months later...

WuLaw...One tiny pipe froze in our home and a 1" break in the copper line caused about $20k damage.  Insurance will only cover $9k so far. :(.  The first thing I thought of when the adjuster told me we would not be getting completely new flooring but all floors downstairs sanded and stained and we would have to move out for 2 week was "maybe WuLaw will rent me the box".  I'm too old for sex tent lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

WuLaw...One tiny pipe froze in our home and a 1" break in the copper line caused about $20k damage.  Insurance will only cover $9k so far. :(.  The first thing I thought of when the adjuster told me we would not be getting completely new flooring but all floors downstairs sanded and stained and we would have to move out for 2 week was "maybe WuLaw will rent me the box".  I'm too old for sex tent lol.

Sorry to hear that man. That was almost me with that exact pipe you are talking about. Was thinking to myself as we were without power and water for 4 days and fled to my parents house I’d have liked to have the RV there to rough it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, Match 14th is the big day (Allegedly). Only 7.5 short months later and we are getting this bad boy back. Going spring breaking. Then hopefully the entire summer. See if I can manage to do all that without fucking it all up like a dumbass. 
so- I only paid $5600 in mortgage debt while it was in the shop not able to be used. Good times. 
I regret nothing (other than the wreck and coming off the road) about this thing so far. 
the sequel won’t be as cool as the original and I won’t be posting all day every day, but will probably keep up with anything really cool or really stupid that happens. 

yesyesyesfistpump.gif

So, Match 14th is the big day (Allegedly). Only 7.5 short months later and we are getting this bad boy back. Going spring breaking. Then hopefully the entire summer. See if I can manage to do all that without fucking it all up like a dumbass. 
so- I only paid $5600 in mortgage debt while it was in the shop not able to be used. Good times. 
I regret nothing (other than the wreck and coming off the road) about this thing so far. 
the sequel won’t be as cool as the original and I won’t be posting all day every day, but will probably keep up with anything really cool or really stupid that happens. 

#fucktent
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

200.gif

2 months later....

*cue Van Halen’s “Panama”*

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

reaction a lot gif | WiffleGif

The big developments being the sex tent and Wulaw deciding to install a sunroof on his RV. 

The coda was their continuing on in the F150 and staying in extended stay motels, which ended with some motel owner yelling at their kids and a sternly worded Yelp review that followed.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, dcbc said:

The coda was their continuing on in the F150 and staying in extended stay motels, which ended with some motel owner yelling at their kids and a sternly worded Yelp review that followed.

And having the cops called on us 3 times while we were vacating. And the cops basically being incredulous with the motel owner. South Dakota man, fun times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Is there going to be a reunion show first?  And will we get new cast members to add to the zaniness?

We do have a golden retriever puppy. So now we can have 2 dogs along with us. Which should be awesome. But, I only get to take off for part two if I’m killing it at work. That’s the deal. I think it’s possible my entire family is rooting against me making this happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, Mango4 said:

HAHAHA, I've stayed at that place. It was a different name at the time. Still a shit hole. 

Almost a year late to the punch, but we also stayed there. My guess is 2004* for a Little League Baseball tournament. It was subpar 17 years ago, so I can only imagine 2020 (as the photos would attest).  The only saving grace is roaches in South Dakota are exceedingly rare.

* I know this as we built a cabin in 03 about an hour from Rapid City. That was the last year we stayed in hotels for tournaments. That place helped with the decision. 

• 7 months later...

This is kind of funny- we were supposed to leave Monday, but the RV wouldn’t start. Dead battery. It was fine until we took it in to get repaired (floor was finger up so we installed carpet, problem with rear view mirror and the piping to the black tank had broken on our surly road trip to Arkansas) but they fucked something up and were like “we need a battery in there” so I did and then a month later won’t start- new battery is dead. 
Anyway- it wouldn’t start so the guy had to come out and I went to work. Skipped Monday. I went in Tuesday morning to work and told her- pack all the shit and get it ready to go- I have shit I have to do and then I will pick up groceries and we will leave. 
got down here to the beach and we have no chairs or towels and the kids have no flip flops. 
My wife the logistical genius. Ha!  I knew I shouldn’t have just assigned that job over to her. Next time I will put the 9 year old boy in charge of the logistics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is kind of funny- we were supposed to leave Monday, but the RV wouldn’t start. Dead battery. It was fine until we took it in to get repaired (floor was finger up so we installed carpet, problem with rear view mirror and the piping to the black tank had broken on our surly road trip to Arkansas) but they fucked something up and were like “we need a battery in there” so I did and then a month later won’t start- new battery is dead. 
Anyway- it wouldn’t start so the guy had to come out and I went to work. Skipped Monday. I went in Tuesday morning to work and told her- pack all the shit and get it ready to go- I have shit I have to do and then I will pick up groceries and we will leave. 
got down here to the beach and we have no chairs or towels and the kids have no flip flops. 
My wife the logistical genius. Ha!  I knew I shouldn’t have just assigned that job over to her. Next time I will put the 9 year old boy in charge of the logistics. 

Good call on the 9 year old; at 9 my son (now 38) was packing himself for scout camp outs. I guarantee he wouldn’t have forgotten his chair or towel.  Hell, he had a list (self-serving, of course-think Skittles and extra batteries) for me-the wandering assistant scoutmaster.  Funny how unreliable wives are………………….

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Did she remember the fuck tent?

• 2 months later...

Not all of texas is ugly. Kind of forget that living in houston. Only 101 degrees today just outside Garner State Park. 
with gas so high RV now costs $0.75 per mile in gas to get around. Stuck in Texas as a result. 
Garner then Big Bend then yogi bear park then somewhere else I forget. South Padre later in the summer. 
Back roads all the way.  It sure if that makes my chance of turning this thing into an opened can greater or lesser. 

7121DD12-CB29-476B-92C0-35838915DD97.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Not all of texas is ugly. Kind of forget that living in houston. Only 101 degrees today just outside Garner State Park. 
with gas so high RV now costs $0.75 per mile in gas to get around. Stuck in Texas as a result. 
Garner then Big Bend then yogi bear park then somewhere else I forget. South Padre later in the summer. 
Back roads all the way.  It sure if that makes my chance of turning this thing into an opened can greater or lesser. 

7121DD12-CB29-476B-92C0-35838915DD97.jpeg

639AA47E-EEDF-442B-AD1B-CFBC024BA043.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2