Do You Know Anyone Personally Who Was Murdered or a Murderer?

Vic Mackey

Not murder, but I know a guy who fell asleep at the wheel (no alcohol or drugs involved) and he drifted into oncoming traffic and killed someone in a head on collision. This was when we were in high school. I forget exactly what charge he got, but the guy has a wife and kid now and he’s doing really well for himself. I can’t imagine what it would be like to think about that every now and then if I were him. I’m sure he does.

My Ex-wife's Cousin’s Kid proved me right about being a murderer at the ripe age of 18. Called it when he was about 14.  
Killed a guy because he is a total shithead, his family swears it was a frame job, the 10 witnesses beg to differ. 

Two friends I grew up with (brother and sister) were shot and killed in College Station some years back. Killer was an ex BF of the younger sister. Stayed at the scene, and was fingered as the shooter by the sister as she bled out. Dude is on death row. I check every year to see if he has been shanked yet. No luck so far....

A guy in my home town attempted it.  I knew him very well.  I was friends with his little brother and his family was like a second family to me.  He shot an elderly woman in the head four times because she wouldn't let him test drive a car she was trying to sell.  She didn't die.  She lost sight and hearing on her left side, but she testified against him and ID'd him in court.

My best friends dad growing up was murdered between our freshman and sophomore year of high school. My buddy took about 10 years to get straight and off the booze and hard drugs. Still unsolved but there was a lot of people that thought his girlfriend at the time did it.

Our friend was Colton Pitonyak’s big brother in Delt.

Edited by LebongJames

Back in high school I hung out some with the Midland-Odessa shooter. I hadn't spoke to the guy in close to 20 years when he went on his rampage last year. Wasn't surprised when the media released his name.

Edited by RexWilson

I wasn't really friends with him but we got along well. He was my cousin's husband, turned out he was quite abusive (she never told anyone but her mother) and he ended up murdering her pretty brutally one day. The trial is still yet to commence, been delayed countless times because his daddy is a powerful businessman in Houston and he was buddy buddy with all the local cops.

I was on a deer lease 20-25 years ago with a guy that killed his wife’s lover a year or two after I left the lease.

His name was Chris, can’t remember the last name, had married a very cute gal half his age. I knew he was a bit high strung, so made it a rule to never talk to her around the campfire unless he was close enough to hear the conversation.

The way I heard it, his wife was stepping out on him and Chris tracked them to a motel room and shot the paramour dead.

Brazoria County, I think. Early ‘90s.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I remember this being a thread on the old board and got a lot of replies. Do you know anyone on either side of a murder?

There was a thread on the murder of the teacher at Murchison here in Austin, want to say some Surly folks knew some of those involved.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-school-shooting-that-austin-forgot/

Armybrat probably knew one or more of the victims of Austin Servant Girl Annihilator (and don't any of you even think of taking that as your band name). 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My flight instructor in high school was murdered by his ex wife. I had to finish up with another instructor that I didn’t like.

My kids egg and sperm donors murdered my kid’s biological grandfather and buried him in a field.

Come again?

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

wait, what?   Elaborate please.

Took me years to come to terms with it...I was just passing through town when it happened. New Hampshire, of all places. I had to call the cops up there to dig up the case. Her ex gunned her down in front of her therapist's office on a Friday afternoon and then ate the gun. 

http://www.pomc.com/mw_stories_1-19/robin_reynolds.html

Had a former high school football teammate that was murdered in a bar fight when he was about 22.  Also had a co-worker whose sister was murdered in front of her children by her estranged abusive husband in New Bruanfels.  They were separated at the time and she had a protective order against him.  She lived out in the country and had a long drive up to her house, but he parked where she couldn't see him when pulling in, and blocked the path so she had to stop.  Then he walked up to her and shot her while she sat in her Suburban, with her kids in the car, begging for her life.  The husband fled and was later tracked down on his family's farm and was killed in a shootout with a US Marshall.

The one that really fucks me up though, is that a girl that I dated a few times when I was in college, later went on to be convicted of murder by omission.  Her boyfriend was abusing her 4 year old daughter, both physically and sexually, and the child eventually died from the injuries.  She knew he was doing it and didn't do anything to stop it or to protect the child.  At first, I didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize that it was the same girl that I dated many years earlier, because by then she hardly looked anything like she did back then.  I remember when it happened because it was a pretty big story in the Houston area, but I didn't realize it was someone I knew.  A friend of mine had to tell me it was her several years later.  It was like a kick to the nuts.

Edited by Hairy Biped

Had to share a locker with a guy in the 6th grade who, after high school, ended up on death row for murdering his girlfriend and attempting to murder one of her friends who was pregnant at the time. It involved the slitting of throats, but it looks like his conviction may have been reduced and he is still alive.

Being from a small town, I also kind of knew both victims but not very well.

pols_naked-25039.jpeg

ETA1: I want to say he had an emergency driver's certificate and started driving to school around the 7th grade.

ETA2: My dad's dad was also murdered while fishing during the Great Depression a couple of months before my dad was born, but I don't know who did it for sure in spite of my suspicions. I think both my dad and I may have been named after the murderer.

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 1

One of my aunts went to school with a Coral Eugene Watts victim...It was weird -- by the time she was 18 about five kids from her grade had died by murder or car crashes or whatever. I graduated with around 190-200 dudes (boys school) 32 years ago and only about five of us are dead now. Some of the living infest this site to this very day. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator