Do You Know Anyone Personally Who Was Murdered or a Murderer?

Vic Mackey

On 5/22/2020 at 3:58 PM, Cajun said:

@Gooby-

I'll bet there were a fuckton of police, especially with the amount of water that her husband drew in that town.

That murder devastated Ham and probably is what completely ruined Clint Black's career trajectory.  Went from this Bill being his manager/producer to this disaster...

I was talking to my mom last week and the topic of music we listened to as a family came up and we started listing to artists. They are country music lovers so this is all I really heard until I got into music for myself. I brought up Clint Black. My parents had his albums and he was damn good. I even listened to them on Spotify months ago and brought up those memories and I still knew all the songs. It was great music and still holds up for me. This actually makes sense as to why someone with his talent would just drop off the face of the earth in terms of his music. Great insight. I never knew about any of this. I think he could have been one of the greats.

• Like 1

A lady that worked for my stepdads father was killed by her adopted daughter. I can’t remember the details but I’m pretty sure she hung her mom and axed her dad. Craziest shit ever. I was a kid when it happened. The old lady was as nice as she could have been.

One of my cousins had a kid by a guy that killed another guy in a bad fight.

Another cousin killed a guy in a drug deal gone bad but didn’t serve any jail time.

One of by dad’s best friends was murdered by his wife a couple years ago. She got 12 years.  My dad has been dead for 25 years so I hadn’t seen this man forever.  He was a good person.  She shot him in the face and first claimed accident.  Forensics didn’t add up.  She finally confessed.  

my sister in laws dad lost all his money on Enron.  Murdered his wife and then was about to kill the youngest daughter who was 12 and still lived with them.  When she started crying and asked him “daddy, don’t you love me?” He stopped.  Went into barn and killed himself.  

that’s all I got.  

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

We had a neighbor who was mustered by her husband. One of those tv crime shows did an episode on it, but they missed soooo many golden opportunities. It could have been a mini-series.

The husband was a manager of the local Kmart, and his wife was having an affair with the manager of WalMart. The wife and Mr. WalMart were hooking up at a comically seedy motel in town that was located on a fairly busy intersection with zero concealed parking.

The husband had a twin brother, and they were caught in a jail house recording trying to concoct a mistaken identity alibi.

The husband ended up blaming his 11-year old daughter of hacking up her mom and burying her 5 miles out in the country. He had led the police to the body, but then claimed that he only helped his daughter bury the body.

The crime drama show missed 90% of the best details. They didn’t even use real footage of the actual house, motel, or shallow gravesite. 

Mustered...oops!  Sorry, I thought this was the AnM thread. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

One of by dad’s best friends was murdered by his wife a couple years ago. She got 12 years.  My dad has been dead for 25 years so I hadn’t seen this man forever.  He was a good person.  She shot him in the face and first claimed accident.  Forensics didn’t add up.  She finally confessed.  

my sister in laws dad lost all his money on Enron.  Murdered his wife and then was about to kill the youngest daughter who was 12 and still lived with them.  When she started crying and asked him “daddy, don’t you love me?” He stopped.  Went into barn and killed himself.  

that’s all I got.  

Any news stories on the Enron guy?

HS buddy, all-state RB. He was our pussy patrol hero and number one attraction – our carload of guys would be chatting up a carload of girls at the Big Boy, without much success, and he'd just be sitting in the back seat not saying a word... and then he'd lean out the window, smile at the girls and say something like “What my friends are trying to get around to is, would y'all like to go out to the lake, go skinny-dipping, drink and fuck, or what?” Worked more often than not.

If I were gay, I'da been in love with him – really handsome guy, big blue eyes, curly hair, great physique, and every female, from 15 to 85, who laid eyes on him was instantly smitten. He was on his way to 'Bama to play for the Bear, but summer after graduation he picked the wrong gal to jump into bed with. Her husband, a sheriff's Deputy, showed up unexpectedly and punched his ticket with three or four .45 slugs. Technically not murder, since the Deputy was no-billed, but prolly close enough.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That would be correct.  Wanted to emphasize I went to a very small school, where everyone in the class knew him, yet no one I am in contact with talks about him at all.

We had a class reunion a few years ago.  Name was never mentioned.  I guess I'm going to have to be the one who brings up his name.

Having your name mentioned is muy importante, amirite?

tenor.gif?itemid=3522648

My mother was just outside the inner circle of Terri Hoffman, and I grew up around all of the people who died in her group. She backed away form Terri in the early 80s when it became clear that people in Terri's orbit were winding up dead with their money in Terri's hands, but I remember that the environment at her house was extremely strange and I was unsettled in her presence. I was particularly weirded out when she would talk to me about Deveraux.

Terri's story wasn't over, though. 

Coincidentally, I lived down the street and cut grass for a lady who was on the periphery of Terri Hoffman - Jill Bounds, and I was one of the last people to see her alive before she was beaten to death in her home in 1988. The cops came to my school to talk to me about it, so I was the Freshman who murdered somebody for a few days.  I think it was her boyfriend. Jill told her next door neighbor (my friend's mother who waitressed at the San Francisco Rose) that she was afraid of him. The boyfriend was also in the orbit of Terri Hoffman. 

When I was at UT my friend Chris Lewis from St Mark's was carjacked and killed when he was home from Morehouse in 1993. 

Not mine but my wife was also friends with Eliza Thomas, who was killed in the yogurt shop murders. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 4:24 PM, Stunns38 said:

Quite a bit

1. My grandfather on my dads side was suspected to have been murdered. He was a log hauler in Louisiana and it was rumored that someone disabled his brakes and he crashed the truck right after. Happened In the late 50s and he was apparently a shit talker including not being scared of the Klan.

2. My mom’s cursed aunt lost a son to murder by a jealous boyfriend of a chick he was banging, 2 grandkids to gang violence, and while not a murder, lost another son in a gruesome factory accident where he got pulled into a huge meat grinder and...you know what. She also lost a granddaughter who was shot a bystander at a robbery. All of this was in Chicago.

3. My cousin got murdered in Cincinnati by someone who just didn’t like him. Probably gang related as my cousin had gang ties (in Mississippi where he moved from)but wasn’t active.

4. Another cousin while wasn’t “murdered”, was killed when he and his best friend were passed out wasted in a car pulled over to try to sleep some of the intoxication off. Well his friend stole the keys from my cousins pocket while he was passed out, and proceeded to drunk drive killing my cousin in a wreck. Of course, the friend escaped with relatively minor injuries.

5. An acquaintance of mine(close friends with my friends) got beat to death downtown Austin over by the Waller creek/convention center after going out. It was in the early-mid 2000s. I forgot his name but he was a tall, blonde guy. I think he may have been on Jerry Springer or some shit In the past as well. Don’t think they ever caught the suspect

6. A childhood friends dad who used to take all us kids to play basketball, baseball, drive-in movies, basically was like a father to us was killed during a robbery in Chicago.

7. A good friend of my mom had a jealous crazy ex girlfriend and she burned down his house killing him. She didn’t know he was at home and he died in the basement. Very very nice guy from the Middle East but had an obsession with Black women(no racist). They all took advantage of his money and he let them. Happened In Chicago.

I’m sure they’re more I may have forgotten about.

You need to post your name and complete family tree,....so.....

We can all stay the hell away from you, your family, and aquaintences.....jk

Sorry to hear your family has been through so much.

• Like 3

You need to post your name and complete family tree,....so.....

We can all stay the hell away from you, your family, and aquaintences.....jk
Sorry to hear your family has been through so much.

Thanks, we have unfortunately been on the wrong end of your user name!
  • Like 3

Guy I went to Alamo Heights with, Paul Felbaum, was walking down Broadway and saw Harrelson's car speeding off out of Chateau Dijon.  I still remember the FBI pulling him out of class for questioning.  I had learned that Wood had been shot with a deer rifle, "Possibly a .234", and while I was there visiting my great grandparents I had that exact caliber rifle in the trunk of my Nissan 200SX.  My grandfather on the other side of the family had just given it to me.

Anyway, I didn't say a fucking word to anyone until the whole Jimmy Chagra/Harrelson tie-in came to light.

I thought I was going straight from Alamo Heights Junior High to Huntsville.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He was a few years younger than me so we weren't that close, but I played baseball and basketball with Chris.  Great kid.  I didn't know Channon, but this was one of the most horrific things ever.  Random things will make me think about it every few months and I still can't even wrap my mind around it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

Not gonna CR my thoughts on what would be the proper punishment for the murderers but even more sadly for the families was that the situation was made worse when it was later discovered that the presiding judge was caught selling/giving pills or some shit to prisoners, while on the bench.  I'm not sure if he's in jail now or what.

36 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

He was a few years younger than me so we weren't that close, but I played baseball and basketball with Chris.  Great kid.  I didn't know Channon, but this was one of the most horrific things ever.  Random things will make me think about it every few months and I still can't even wrap my mind around it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

Not gonna CR my thoughts on what would be the proper punishment for the murderers but even more sadly for the families was that the situation was made worse when it was later discovered that the presiding judge was caught selling/giving pills or some shit to prisoners, while on the bench.  I'm not sure if he's in jail now or what.

I have the same thoughts about punishment when I think about the two pieces of shit that murdered my old suite mate from the Castillion:

https://apnews.com/9463891eaae97c2654352cc7bfe1a89c

He was a really nice guy who I knew pretty well that one year we lived next to each other.  He never drank or partied and was working his ass off to become an amazing guitar player and architect and I have no doubt he would have accomplished both.

i still remember a picture of his Volvo being towed out of Town lake on the cover of the Texan or Statesman from the day before I found out he was in it.  It haunts me to think about going that way- being locked in a trunk and drowned with a complete stranger.

I spotted his memorial Tree at the space center while on the bus tour with my kids a couple years ago.  Fuck those guys that did it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McCroskey said:

I watched the recap of those trials on youtube. The women involved should have gone to prison too.  They were neck deep in it.

• Like 1

I forgot about this one, although it's technically not murder since she was found to have acted in self defense. This girl was my next door neighbor at an apartment complex I lived at in Austin, super sweet girl, we often hung out and chatted outside at the dog park in the complex. I came home one day and was about to take my dog out to pee when I heard a bunch of shouting outside. She had just pulled up and a bunch of plainclothes cops were pointing guns at her car, one of them had wedged his truck's front bumper up against her back bumper to prevent her from escaping. This was less than an hour after the shooting apparently, they were already waiting for her to come home.

She spent almost a year and a half in lockup before the case was dismissed.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20191106/murder-case-dismissed-against-woman-accused-of-killing-friendrsquos-ex-boyfriend

This is one of the pictures I snapped out of my window while all this was happening:

14zbGlO.png

29 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I watched the recap of those trials on youtube. The women involved should have gone to prison too.  They were neck deep in it.

The biggest disparity in criminal punishment in our country is not racial (there is a race gap, however).  It is gender.  Women get punished much less for involvement in crimes than men do.

• Like 3

I didn't know the guy, but my friend/roommate shared a cubicle with him at Boeing...he was still showing up for work while the investigation was in its early stages. Even before it happened, my friend had told us on multiple occasions that the guy was probably a psycho.

http://www.heraldnet.com/news/bothell-man-gets-28-12-years-for-wifes-murder/

Ohh, the lady self defense story above reminded me too.

A prominent lawyer in town killed her husband and got off for self defense when she was new bride.  Bought a shotgun on Thursday, had someone teach her how to use it Friday, shot him on Saturday.  There's a book about it.  It seemed like it was one of those situations where the jury just decided "some people just need killin.'"  Husband was a grade A turd.

Nice lady. 

On 5/22/2020 at 6:29 PM, Deej said:

Woman I worked with had a daughter who helped kill her girlfriend and drove the body out to Bastrop to try and burn it. 

wasted_cover-e1346980151200.jpg

Kim (perp) was in my class at Lake Travis from 3rd grade to senior year '94. We weren't close but we all knew each other as LT was small back then and most of us had been there from kindergarten through to high school. She was really nice and very smart. It was wild when all this went down, only a year after graduating high school, to think that someone like her could get involved in this level of insanity.

Another kid from LT that rode my bus was murdered in '95. Two dudes he worked with at the Chelsea Street Pub in Barton Creek Mall beat him to death for his car and $5.00 that he had on him. He was a pretty big target for bullying and had trouble finding his way. Dude was hanging with the wrong crowd just trying to make some friends. Sad deal:

https://law.justia.com/cases/texas/third-court-of-appeals/1998/2803.html

David Reynolds, Robert Watt, and Ishee, each of whom was eighteen or nineteen years old, spent the late afternoon of October 31, 1995, loitering outside an Austin shopping mall. As night fell, Watt and Ishee agreed on a scheme to steal Reynolds's ten-year-old car. They asked Reynolds to drive them to an apartment complex, ostensibly to purchase marihuana. At the complex, they lured Reynolds to the rear of the building where they beat him to death with their fists and feet, and with a large rock. Watt and Ishee took Reynolds's car and five dollars they found in his pocket, then drove to Ishee's girlfriend's house. Ishee showed the girl the blood on his hands and bragged that he had killed someone. Watt and Ishee spent the rest of that night and the following day driving around Austin in Reynolds's car, then left town. They were arrested on November 3 in Wharton, still driving the stolen vehicle. Each man gave a written statement to the police admitting the robbery-murder, blaming the other as the chief actor, and denying an intent to kill Reynolds. (1)

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Ohh, the lady self defense story above reminded me too.

A prominent lawyer in town killed her husband and got off for self defense when she was new bride.  Bought a shotgun on Thursday, had someone teach her how to use it Friday, shot him on Saturday.  There's a book about it.  It seemed like it was one of those situations where the jury just decided "some people just need killin.'"  Husband was a grade A turd.

Nice lady. 

A good friend of mine’s dad is a doctor.  He got his medical degree at UT’s Med school in San Antonio.  And would moonlight in south Texas on weekends to make extra money.  This was in 70s.

One weekend he was working the ER around falfurrias.  Some old boy showed up DOA with multiple gunshot wounds.  My friends dad talks to sheriff about it.  Sheriff said they had murders and killings.  And this was just a good clean killing.  Old boy was beating the shit out of his wife.  Her dad and brothers took offense, tied him to a tree, and shot the shut out of him. 

• Like 1

Many years ago in Juarez I saw a pair of used, hand made calf-skin boots for sale in the window of a boot repair place. Turns out the guy who dropped them off to be resoled was arrested for murder and never came back to pick them up. They were my size, and the price was right, so I bought them. Wore them for years until they were stolen when my house was burgled.

I always wondered if the guy committed the murder while wearing those boots.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Druggist said:

I have the same thoughts about punishment when I think about the two pieces of shit that murdered my old suite mate from the Castillion:

https://apnews.com/9463891eaae97c2654352cc7bfe1a89c

He was a really nice guy who I knew pretty well that one year we lived next to each other.  He never drank or partied and was working his ass off to become an amazing guitar player and architect and I have no doubt he would have accomplished both.

i still remember a picture of his Volvo being towed out of Town lake on the cover of the Texan or Statesman from the day before I found out he was in it.  It haunts me to think about going that way- being locked in a trunk and drowned with a complete stranger.

I spotted his memorial Tree at the space center while on the bus tour with my kids a couple years ago.  Fuck those guys that did it.

Wow.  That's really fucked up.  Mindless crime.

7 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Many years ago in Juarez I saw a pair of used, hand made calf-skin boots for sale in the window of a boot repair place. Turns out the guy who dropped them off to be resoled was arrested for murder and never came back to pick them up. They were my size, and the price was right, so I bought them. Wore them for years until they were stolen when my house was burgled.

Don’t criticize until you walk a mile in his boots. 

• Like 1

Cousins ex wife was murdered in murder suicide by new husband few years back in San antionio. He had just picked up his kids from their house and missed the guy by a few minutes .

Cousin was killed in a bar fight in early 90s. Hit in back of the head with brass knuckles outside the lizard lounge in Dallas .

14 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

When I was 6 or 7, my mom bought a pair of lightly-used boots for me from a garage sale at a house a couple blocks away from where we lived.  Found out later that the boots had been worn some years prior by a kid who, when he was high school age, had snapped for some reason and killed a member of his own family.  (We didn't know the kid or his family.)

Your story reminded me that, for a while until I outgrew them, I wore his old boots.  No wonder my feet had the strange urge to stomp on other kids . . .  

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/DA-to-seek-death-penalty-against-Cedric-Marks--539776611.html

I worked with Michael Swearingen who was murdered by Cedrick Marks, took over a few of his accounts. Made for some really weird conversations with clients.

Maybe one day they will have a trial, the DA is aiming for the death penalty.

This thread opens up a lot of scars.  I have known more than my share of murderers, and their victims.  Right after high school, say 1974, my friend Johnny decided to go for the easy money and smuggle some contraband  across the river.  He was found floating face down, a single bullet hole in his temple, in the Rio Grande.  Marcus, who played forward to my guard in high school basketball, killed a guy in a bad drug deal out by the lake.  After thirty years in prison, he was released.  I saw him at a high school football game a few years ago, cheering on his grandson.  Although he was only a few rows in front, I didn't approach him.  Becky was a patient of mine-she served nineteen years for killing the guy who raped her five year old daughter.  She was paroled with an ankle monitor and lasted a couple of years before violating some limitation and being sent back to finish her term.  Same story with Mike-he did more than twenty years for killing the guy who raped and murdered his wife, apparently with his bare hands.  He's still free, lives in a camper, and makes his living as a Pentecostal preacher. HIs monitor is off now, I'm glad to say.  He is a sweet, kind, and loving soul who understandably lost control on that one occasion.  The  one that really gets me, though, that is still fresh, is Miss Jill.  Jill and my wife cheered together in high school a lifetime ago.  She was in our wedding.  We hung with her and her Richardson cop first husband while I was in school at Southwestern, and then hung with her and her second husband in our old home town.  Our kids were about the same age and were frequent playmates.  Her older child, Jeremy, got hooked on drugs at an early age.  Last August, Jill told him that he had to leave her home and that she couldn't help him any more.  As a final act of gratitude, he shot her in the face.  He ended her life, and condemned himself to a life in prison at best. Jill was a beloved figure in her hometown, a successful business woman and a kind and generous person.  She was a beautiful woman in every regard. 

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20190903/levelland-community-mourns-longtime-dance-teacher-as-son-faces-capital-murder-charge

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, Carl Spackler said:

When I was 6 or 7, my mom bought a pair of lightly-used boots for me from a garage sale at a house a couple blocks away from where we lived.  Found out later that the boots had been worn some years prior by a kid who, when he was high school age, had snapped for some reason and killed a member of his own family.  (We didn't know the kid or his family.)

Your story reminded me that, for a while until I outgrew them, I wore his old boots.  No wonder my feet had the strange urge to stomp on other kids . . .  

Those boots were made for walking,

And that's just what they'll do,

One of these days these boots

Are gonna walk all over you...

Edited by SHOOTER12

Girl I dated in high school was strangled by her boyfriend here in Austin in 2012. We were not super close, but would grab a drink together a couple times a year. I saw her a few weeks before she was murdered and she was talking about starting a family. 

Fuck that guy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statesman.com/article/20140926/NEWS/309269603%3ftemplate=ampart

Visiting family in CA summer of 1984, went to Imperial beach and we stopped at McDonalds.   We were getting in the car when the gunman started shooting.  Dad started to go back in, mom went bat shit hysterical, so he drove a block away and found a pay phone to call police.  

Inlaws, nephew shot a cop, his mom and himself.  Completely fucked up disfunctionals, but didn’t see it going that direction.  We had to deal with the house afterwards, his room was plastered with infowars crap.   Side note:  his dad literally drank himself to death a couple years earlier, a $7M+ lottery ticket sold at his corner liquor store a couple weeks prior and was never claimed.   When we had to deal with the house after the murder/suicide his home office was still intact and there were about a thousand old lottery tickets in drawers.   

Crazy HS Gf’s dad is in prison for killing her mom.  I didn’t like them much because our interests weren’t aligned. Thing is, I’m certain he didn’t do it, he was set up (by crazy and accomplice)  He was smart and methodical, OCD immaculate.  So he went all Dexter at the scene, then decided to drop the murder weapons and some bloody paraphernalia on top of the dumpster at his office.  

My wife and I had a few high school sports banquet dinners with the recently murdered Leslie Baker of Preston Hollow.   Very nice lady and extremely sad.   

https://www.fox4news.com/news/16-year-old-arrested-for-preston-hollow-womans-murder

Are we supposed to go burn some shit to the ground tonight?  Not sure what the protocol is these days.   

• Like 2

Someone here has to know Dror Goldberg.  The rich Jewish kid who killed that woman and stabbed others at the Wig Shop at the Randalls shopping center near West U on Weslayan and Bissonett back in the late 90s?  He then went on the lam for a year in Israel.  Trial was pretty spectacular between Deguerin and Siegler.  He would have gotten away with it but for an eyewitness writing down his license plate after buying pet food at Petco.

Someone here has to know Dror Goldberg, who flipped out and did a random killing at the Wig Shop at the Randalls shopping center near West U (Weslayan Plaza)?  He went on the lam to Israel for a year after being questioned but before being charged.  Trial was Dick Deguerin v. Kelly Siegler, who hated each other.

A privileged Jewish teen decided he wanted to kill someone and would have gotten away with it.  But a doctor buying dogfood at the Petco 100 yards away saw someone running from the wig shop like a bat out of hell.  He did not get a good look at Dror.  But got close enough to ID the vehicle and get all but one digit of the license plate.  That sunk Dror.  I have several Jewish friends who went to Bellaire High and then Texas that knew Dror well.  

The case was fascinating

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/The-wig-shop-murder-6010615.php