Do You Know Anyone Personally Who Was Murdered or a Murderer?

Vic Mackey

22 hours ago, immortal13 said:

This is an attempted murder story but worthy of posting. 

One of my ex-wife's cousins "Ellen" was alone one morning, and while stepping out of the shower she saw a man in a ninja costume holding a big butcher knife standing in her bathroom. 

He attacked and raped her and stabbed/cut her many times, including the neck region. Somehow she survived and they later caught the guy. He had been living in her attic for a week and had slipped up there one day while the garage door was open. He had been listening to their conversations, and knew her husband would be gone that morning playing golf. 

He was caught on foot somewhere in their neighborhood I believe, and was a mentally ill man(obviously). This happened in Austin and was featured on the TV series I Survived. 

See the source image

GreatVeneratedJanenschia-max-1mb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Played soccer with, and coached a kid as a football kicker, who ended up killing a cop in our hometown. He was then shot and killed by the police. I played soccer with Charlie, his two brothers and also their dad. Charlie was one of the best kickers I have ever kicked with. I was well above average. Another friend of our's, whom we also played soccer with for many years, was better than I and then Charlie was better than the two of us. He could have kicked for any team in the country.

Drugs and alcohol fucked him up but good. The cop he killed also went to our high school. It's a small town.

Have a family member, a cousin, who was murdered by his ex-wife as he and his new wife were sleeping in their bed, in San Diego. That was was the topic of two TV movies, Lifetime (of course), TV spots on Oprah, Maury, and any others that like to pedal that type of crap, as well as an eight- or nine-episode season of Dirty John last season. 

A guy I went to junior high with had severe emotional and mental issues.  Started burglarizing houses and being a peeping Tom at 12 or 13.  Was a very scary guy.  I think he could have turned into a serial killer. He was caught by police robbing a house.  He was armed.  He went up in the attic to evade.  He said he was not coming out alive.  The cops obliged him.

"Matt" and "Casey" were best of friends. I played ball with them when we were kids.  I didn't see them for years until we met back up in HS.  We weren't the best of friends but Matt and I tended to hit it off, more so, and so all three of us hung out a few times during HS. All three of us were similar in height and bulk but those dudes were super cut and ripped and it was no secret they were powerlifters and bodybuilders on roids.  Strong motherfuckers.  Casey was prone to bad decisions, fighting and generally finding trouble.  

So one night we all are out and its past midnight and me being the party animal that i wasn't i decided to stay  in the back seat of Casey's gf convertible, top down, to sleep.  A few hours pass.  As i'm sleeping a moment arrives where my deepest instinct within tells my subconscious to keep my eyes closed.  At that exact moment i feel two hands on my chest and then one approaching my neck.  I feel that hand approaching my neck with open palm and then with both hands, at full strength, he clenched his fists.  Now my shirt, beach necklace, and skin are all one being twisted while I hear heavy breathing and someone seething.  Again, my deepest instinct is to still keep my eyes closed for the moment.  I really can not say why or how long that lasted.  If i had to guess 30-90 seconds.

Then i hear Matt yell, CASEY WTF?  That is [My name]!  What the hell are you doing?!  I immediately open my eyes, slam my arms on his forearms to break him off me and jump up.  His countenance changes.  The look on his face completely changes.  He wipes his fucking mouth.  Its like he woke up from being someone or somewhere else. 

A month later we graduated HS.  A few weeks after that Casey murdered his mother and stepfather.  Stabbing and strangulation.  He is in TDCJ to this day.  Motherfucker owes me a white beach necklace.       

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

That's fucked up.  Do you think if you had reacted he would have tried to finish the job? 

All i know is that my instincts told me something, i listened and it worked out. They say guys like him progress from mere thoughts to practice runs to the final act.  

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

"Matt" and "Casey" were best of friends. I played ball with them when we were kids.  I didn't see them for years until we met back up in HS.  We weren't the best of friends but Matt and I tended to hit it off, more so, and so all three of us hung out a few times during HS. All three of us were similar in height and bulk but those dudes were super cut and ripped and it was no secret they were powerlifters and bodybuilders on roids.  Strong motherfuckers.  Casey was prone to bad decisions, fighting and generally finding trouble.  

So one night we all are out and its past midnight and me being the party animal that i wasn't i decided to stay  in the back seat of Casey's gf convertible, top down, to sleep.  A few hours pass.  As i'm sleeping a moment arrives where my deepest instinct within tells my subconscious to keep my eyes closed.  At that exact moment i feel two hands on my chest and then one approaching my neck.  I feel that hand approaching my neck with open palm and then with both hands, at full strength, he clenched his fists.  Now my shirt, beach necklace, and skin are all one being twisted while I hear heavy breathing and someone seething.  Again, my deepest instinct is to still keep my eyes closed for the moment.  I really can not say why or how long that lasted.  If i had to guess 30-90 seconds.

Then i hear Matt yell, CASEY WTF?  That is [My name]!  What the hell are you doing?!  I immediately open my eyes, slam my arms on his forearms to break him off me and jump up.  His countenance changes.  The look on his face completely changes.  He wipes his fucking mouth.  Its like he woke up from being someone or somewhere else. 

A month later we graduated HS.  A few weeks after that Casey murdered his mother and stepfather.  Stabbing and strangulation.  He is in TDCJ to this day.  Motherfucker owes me a white beach necklace.       

Puka shells are pretty gay.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

Jim was some kind of public defender for juvenile boys, some of which would end up "at his place" for "legal consultations".  On the day he was murdered, one such juvenile was at his place and I guess hings got out of control and the young man stabbed Jim to death and fled the scene.  There were choppers and cops all over the place looking for the guy.  I'm not sure where they found him, but they did.  I'm not sure what actually happened and most of the days events are just what I heard from the Montessori people.

More on the "other neighbors":  A collection of alcoholics and multiple generations living in trailers that had meth labs, underage prostitution, dog fighting, cock fighting, and gun play.  Most of them have died off and things are quiet now.

Last year there was another meth lab that was busted on the street behind us.  Also had choppers and cops everywhere with some flash bangs and other assorted cop excitement.

The funny thing is that these are holdovers from days gone by as the neighborhood changes over to million dollar homes and new commercial businesses.  It really is a nice place to live.

Is it, though?

First time seeing this topic.  I went to school with this guy (same class) and played little league with him growing up.  This happened a good while ago if any of you guys around the East Texas area remember.

https://murderpedia.org/male.A/a/adams-beunka.htm

Anothet article about it.

https://www.ktre.com/story/22048088/rusk-woman-awaits-the-execution-of/

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

One of my dad’s best friends was a police sergeant. Off duty one night, coming home from a date night with his wife and some teenagers (legal age) threw rocks at his unmarked car. He stopped and got out to confront them and one of them shot him in the head, killing him instantly while his wife watched from the car.

The two kids with the shooter got a life sentence and somehow the shooter has gotten like a hundred appeals and is still alive 20 years later after receiving a death sentence.

I still remembering answering the landline at my house the next day when his wife called my mom to tell her what happened. I was like 8 at the time.

Fun fact - I almost banged their daughter in high school. Couldn’t close the deal

So I'm pretty sure I went to elementary school and junior high with this dude Jerry Elders in Everman back in the day.  I punked his ass in 8th grade shop class when we got into some argument and got into my face.  I punched him and he said he would see me after class/school (last period of the day).  He ran off to the bus once the bell rang.  Apparently that incident has affected him since then. 😬

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/woman-carjacked-killed-after-burleson-police-officer-shot-during-traffic-stop/2605520/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, speed817 said:

So I'm pretty sure I went to elementary school and junior high with this dude Jerry Elders in Everman back in the day.  I punked his ass in 8th grade shop class when we got into some argument and got into my face.  I punched him and he said he would see me after class/school (last period of the day).  He ran off to the bus once the bell rang.  Apparently that incident has affected him since then. 😬

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/woman-carjacked-killed-after-burleson-police-officer-shot-during-traffic-stop/2605520/

I heard about this via Facebook early this morning. Burleson is my home town and I still have many friends and family there. Glad they caught this asshole 

• Hook 'Em 1

One of my dad’s best friends was a police sergeant. Off duty one night, coming home from a date night with his wife and some teenagers (legal age) threw rocks at his unmarked car. He stopped and got out to confront them and one of them shot him in the head, killing him instantly while his wife watched from the car.

The two kids with the shooter got a life sentence and somehow the shooter has gotten like a hundred appeals and is still alive 20 years later after receiving a death sentence.

I still remembering answering the landline at my house the next day when his wife called my mom to tell her what happened. I was like 8 at the time.

Fun fact - I almost banged their daughter in high school. Couldn’t close the deal

Imagine getting life in prison b/c some asshole in your car shoots a cop.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:21 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

First time seeing this topic.  I went to school with this guy (same class) and played little league with him growing up.  This happened a good while ago if any of you guys around the East Texas area remember.

https://murderpedia.org/male.A/a/adams-beunka.htm

Anothet article about it.

https://www.ktre.com/story/22048088/rusk-woman-awaits-the-execution-of/

I’ve seen it on Discovery ID a couple times. Poor dude that died was not all there evidently.

Told this story before on the old Shag, but it's worth a repost.  I'll leave a TL;DR at the end if you wanna save some time.

So this was way back in like Fall of '06.  I was just about to graduate UT in the Spring and was living off of Rundberg (yeah, it had its moments) in condo with my girlfriend who, since she wasn't in college, was dancing at Perfect 10 to make herself some walkin' around money.  She had a cousin that was trying to become a police officer or some such and was doing training in Austin.  His girlfriend was this other chick named Jane (names changed to protect the innocent and the guilty).  Well my GF and Jane end up becoming sorta kinda friends and going to parties together.  At one, they meet this other gal with ginormous natural tits named Stephanie.  Well my GF and Stephanie really vibe with each other and they become besties.  So much so that Stephanie and her huge tits also start dancing for cash.  Needless to say, I'm thrilled with this entire arrangement.  Many fun times were had.

Anyway, the fly in the soup on this whole deal is that Stephanie has a boyfriend.  And he's from Kentucky.  No idea how this Austinite girl met a guy from Kentucky, but his name is Harold and he's coming down to visit her.  Ok, great.  He'll come down, we'll wine and dine him, take him to the club, out on the town, and it'll be swell.  Except Stephanie is like really hesitant to talk about this boyfriend.  We can't really get any info on him.  But whatever.  No big deal! 

So Harold comes to town from Kentucky and he and Stephanie show up at my place.  Shake his hand and at first he seems like a good dude.  The girls go upstairs to finish getting ready, I crack this dude a cold one, and chat him up as you're supposed to do.  Well things are going alright until he just out of nowhere starts negging everything about Austin, my place, the Longhorns, etc.  Like out of left field a switch got flipped and he turned into this huge asshole.  And we haven't even made it out of the damn house yet.  Fuck.  Well, nothing to do but soldier up, act like everything is cool, and get on with the night.  Oh, and he won't shut up about how he's a cook at some restaurant owned by the Dixie Mafia and it won't be long before he's in with them and a made guy or some such nonsense.  Like, would not shut the fuck up about how important he was because he cooked for the Dixie Mafia.  Fucking weird.

We swing by the club for awhile and hang, but for some reason the girls wanted to go bowling.  Fine by me, I'm just trying to get this night over with since this Harold guy just won't let up on being a cunt.  We head to the bowling alley by 183 and while we're bowling, this guy tells me that Stephanie isn't anywhere near the hottest chick he's fucked and that he's been trying to hook up with another gal in Kentucky.  Who the fuck says that to basically a complete stranger while your girl is six feet away bowling?  To a guy who knows and is friends with your girl?  Oh, and Stephanie wasn't a 10 or anything, but you weren't kicking her and her perky double Ds out of bed for eating crackers. 

So I'm getting more and more skeeved out by this dude as the night drags on, but hey its finally time to leave!  Awesome!  Well, Harold brings a beer with him from the lanes into my truck.  Whatever, I'm driving and I'm sober, it's fine.  Until, on the way back home he throws it out the back window and almost hits another car with it.  So that happened.  Then the girls wanted to stop at a sex shop as a goof.  Fine.  Except on the way out, Harold trips Stephanie on purpose after they have an argument over something.  He gets back in the truck and leaves her there on the ground.  So I get her up, ask her if she's ok, get her in the truck, and ask him what the fuck his problem is.  Stone cold silence from this guy.  Won't look at me or say a word.  Awkward as all fuck.

We get back home and are walking in and I'm dreading this dude coming in and staying for awhile longer.  I'm going over what I have to say to this prick to get him to bounce while not being too big of an asshole since he's Stephanie's boyfriend and I don't want to cause problems, etc.  Luckily, he says he and Stephanie are going to head on back to her place.  Thank fucking Christ!  As soon as me and the GF get the door shut we just look at each other and shake our heads while agreeing we're never having that dude anywhere around us ever again.

Fast forward a few years.  Stephanie, being the genius she is, hasn't dumped this psycho.  She's actually moved to Kentucky to live with him.  Except, of course, he's a psycho so it doesn't work out and she bails.  She's working as a cocktail waitress at some big club up there and she ends up hooking up and living with some guy she works with there.  Well, ol' Harold doesn't take this very well.  He calls her hundreds of times a day.  He slashes her tires.  He spray paints the house her and this dude are living in.  Well, rightfully, Stephanie is freaked out about this so she calls her parents to come up to Kentucky.  The parents get there and instead of involving the cops, they decide to invite Harold over and have an intervention.  Tell him it's over.  He's gotta leave Stephanie alone or they will get the cops involved.  Except Harold brought his gun.  He plugs new boyfriend with five shots, killing him.  Then he turns the gun on himself and blows his brains out.

So I spent an entire afternoon/evening with a future murderer and I knew almost from the jump he wasn't right in the head.

Tl;DR: Stripper girlfriend's stripper bestie invited her boyfriend down to hang, he was a psycho, and eventually ended up murdering stripper girlfriend's bestie's new boyfriend before killing himself

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Told this story before on the old Shag, but it's worth a repost.  I'll leave a TL;DR at the end if you wanna save some time.

So this was way back in like Fall of '06.  I was just about to graduate UT in the Spring and was living off of Rundberg (yeah, it had its moments) in condo with my girlfriend who, since she wasn't in college, was dancing at Perfect 10 to make herself some walkin' around money.  She had a cousin that was trying to become a police officer or some such and was doing training in Austin.  His girlfriend was this other chick named Jane (names changed to protect the innocent and the guilty).  Well my GF and Jane end up becoming sorta kinda friends and going to parties together.  At one, they meet this other gal with ginormous natural tits named Stephanie.  Well my GF and Stephanie really vibe with each other and they become besties.  So much so that Stephanie and her huge tits also start dancing for cash.  Needless to say, I'm thrilled with this entire arrangement.  Many fun times were had.

Anyway, the fly in the soup on this whole deal is that Stephanie has a boyfriend.  And he's from Kentucky.  No idea how this Austinite girl met a guy from Kentucky, but his name is Harold and he's coming down to visit her.  Ok, great.  He'll come down, we'll wine and dine him, take him to the club, out on the town, and it'll be swell.  Except Stephanie is like really hesitant to talk about this boyfriend.  We can't really get any info on him.  But whatever.  No big deal! 

So Harold comes to town from Kentucky and he and Stephanie show up at my place.  Shake his hand and at first he seems like a good dude.  The girls go upstairs to finish getting ready, I crack this dude a cold one, and chat him up as you're supposed to do.  Well things are going alright until he just out of nowhere starts negging everything about Austin, my place, the Longhorns, etc.  Like out of left field a switch got flipped and he turned into this huge asshole.  And we haven't even made it out of the damn house yet.  Fuck.  Well, nothing to do but soldier up, act like everything is cool, and get on with the night.  Oh, and he won't shut up about how he's a cook at some restaurant owned by the Dixie Mafia and it won't be long before he's in with them and a made guy or some such nonsense.  Like, would not shut the fuck up about how important he was because he cooked for the Dixie Mafia.  Fucking weird.

We swing by the club for awhile and hang, but for some reason the girls wanted to go bowling.  Fine by me, I'm just trying to get this night over with since this Harold guy just won't let up on being a cunt.  We head to the bowling alley by 183 and while we're bowling, this guy tells me that Stephanie isn't anywhere near the hottest chick he's fucked and that he's been trying to hook up with another gal in Kentucky.  Who the fuck says that to basically a complete stranger while your girl is six feet away bowling?  To a guy who knows and is friends with your girl?  Oh, and Stephanie wasn't a 10 or anything, but you weren't kicking her and her perky double Ds out of bed for eating crackers. 

So I'm getting more and more skeeved out by this dude as the night drags on, but hey its finally time to leave!  Awesome!  Well, Harold brings a beer with him from the lanes into my truck.  Whatever, I'm driving and I'm sober, it's fine.  Until, on the way back home he throws it out the back window and almost hits another car with it.  So that happened.  Then the girls wanted to stop at a sex shop as a goof.  Fine.  Except on the way out, Harold trips Stephanie on purpose after they have an argument over something.  He gets back in the truck and leaves her there on the ground.  So I get her up, ask her if she's ok, get her in the truck, and ask him what the fuck his problem is.  Stone cold silence from this guy.  Won't look at me or say a word.  Awkward as all fuck.

We get back home and are walking in and I'm dreading this dude coming in and staying for awhile longer.  I'm going over what I have to say to this prick to get him to bounce while not being too big of an asshole since he's Stephanie's boyfriend and I don't want to cause problems, etc.  Luckily, he says he and Stephanie are going to head on back to her place.  Thank fucking Christ!  As soon as me and the GF get the door shut we just look at each other and shake our heads while agreeing we're never having that dude anywhere around us ever again.

Fast forward a few years.  Stephanie, being the genius she is, hasn't dumped this psycho.  She's actually moved to Kentucky to live with him.  Except, of course, he's a psycho so it doesn't work out and she bails.  She's working as a cocktail waitress at some big club up there and she ends up hooking up and living with some guy she works with there.  Well, ol' Harold doesn't take this very well.  He calls her hundreds of times a day.  He slashes her tires.  He spray paints the house her and this dude are living in.  Well, rightfully, Stephanie is freaked out about this so she calls her parents to come up to Kentucky.  The parents get there and instead of involving the cops, they decide to invite Harold over and have an intervention.  Tell him it's over.  He's gotta leave Stephanie alone or they will get the cops involved.  Except Harold brought his gun.  He plugs new boyfriend with five shots, killing him.  Then he turns the gun on himself and blows his brains out.

So I spent an entire afternoon/evening with a future murderer and I knew almost from the jump he wasn't right in the head.

Tl;DR: Stripper girlfriend's stripper bestie invited her boyfriend down to hang, he was a psycho, and eventually ended up murdering stripper girlfriend's bestie's new boyfriend before killing himself

Damn that's fucked up.  And try loading those pics again 

I went to rehab with the kid from this fucked up scenario

We were all in a group meeting one time and we didn't know who he was...He was all fucked up, even for rehab. He came in straight from jail and the hospital with a cast on one arm and bandages on the other hand.

Anyway, we were all in this group meeting and he was just kind of talking about the trouble he was in and how drugs had laid him low and blah blah blah and then he goes, "I mean, my mom did shoot my dad ten times and is now doing 46 years in prison."  That got our attention.

Rhonda Glover, eligible for parole in just six more years, fellas.

Rhonda-Glover.jpg

But she looks more like this now:

rhonda-glover.jpg

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

I know both.  I think I posted this on the other site.  All this stuff happened 20-ish years ago.

My next door neighbor and best friend for many years growing up is doing 40-life in Huntsville for murder.  He got into the drug game after high school and ended up killing one of his "associates."  I believe because he thought he was snitching on him.  In between the murder and his arrest, he was shot several times during a drug deal gone bad and left paralyzed on one side of his body.  All the signs were there.  Would kill/mutilate cats, shit like that.  I wrote him for the first time over Christmas (he's been in for 20+ years and had written me several times).

Girl I grew up with was murdered by a guy she worked with a couple of years after we graduated.  She had lent him some money (she was always overly generous) and I guess he got tired of her asking for it and ended up strangling her.  She was a sweet girl that wasn't into any crap.  Just naive/dumb.  And a freaking knockout.

A guy in the grade above me shot and killed his girlfriend (3 years younger) when we were in high school.  

Another guy I grew up with got strung out and killed his grandmother for her money.  He got out about a year ago.

Dude in the grade below me and some friends beat a security guard to death.  He's been out a few years now.

Father of one of my best friends (and poster on this site) was murdered.  I'll let him offer what info he wants on that if he happens to see this post.

Went to intermediate school (grades 5-6) with Jason Massey.  Executed in 2001.  Read this if you really want to:  https://forensicfilesnow.com/index.php/2019/11/28/jason-massey-cherub-faced-killer/

I might think of more.  Lancaster was a weird place.

Edited by threesheets

Thought of a couple more.  This guy is an old client of mine.  Pretty smooth putting his name in the suicide note, then wiring himself $20k from the victim's bank account after the murder:  https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/11/18/police-allen-brewery-owner-keith-ashley-charged-with-murder-after-allegedly-staging-client-james-seegan-suicide/

Another old client.  Another murder over money.  https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/05/31/bail-bonds-business-owner-charged-with-killing-partner/

On 4/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

I went to rehab with the kid from this fucked up scenario

We were all in a group meeting one time and we didn't know who he was...He was all fucked up, even for rehab. He came in straight from jail and the hospital with a cast on one arm and bandages on the other hand.

Anyway, we were all in this group meeting and he was just kind of talking about the trouble he was in and how drugs had laid him low and blah blah blah and then he goes, "I mean, my mom did shoot my dad ten times and is now doing 46 years in prison."  That got our attention.

Rhonda Glover, eligible for parole in just six more years, fellas.

Rhonda-Glover.jpg

But she looks more like this now:

rhonda-glover.jpg

https://friends4prisoners.com/profiles/870

I grew up in Carthage. Didn't know Bernie directly, but knew people that went to his church. One guy made a comment onetime that he sat in Bernie's lap when he was dressed as Santa about a week after the murder happened. 

Danny Buck was also my Mom's divorce attorney (prior to his DA days) when my parents divorced.

back in 2006 i had dinner at baby a's with my buddy and he brought his friend, colton pitonyak, who later murdered jennifer cave at the orange tree apartments in west campus. distinctly remember telling my buddy that colton seemed shady. 

1 hour ago, stc said:

back in 2006 i had dinner at baby a's with my buddy and he brought his friend, colton pitonyak, who later murdered jennifer cave at the orange tree apartments in west campus. distinctly remember telling my buddy that colton seemed shady. 

For a guy who came from a pretty mainstream background and pledged a pretty mainstream fraternity, composed mostly of pretty good dudes, Pitonyak apparently got way off in the weeds with the seedier aspects of drug culture.

3 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I grew up in Carthage. Didn't know Bernie directly, but knew people that went to his church. One guy made a comment onetime that he sat in Bernie's lap when he was dressed as Santa about a week after the murder happened. 

Danny Buck was also my Mom's divorce attorney (prior to his DA days) when my parents divorced.

One of my best friends has a pic sitting on Bernie’s lap when he did the Santa Claus thing. No idea the timeframe but based on my age it has to have been either that year or the year before I’d think. What a wild story that guy is. 

2 hours ago, stc said:

Pitonyak murdered Jennifer Cave in 2005. I knew him. I didn’t associate much with him after about 2003 because he got into the drug scene.

Probably now my relatives then.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, stc said:

I read that book on Sunday. Kind of shook me up. Really surprised that I don't remember hearing that in the news at the time. Granted, I lived in a different city and didn't really keep up with current events while I was in college. 

-A friend/acquaintance was murdered in 2014.

Brandy Renger..I'm sure some other folks here know her or at least know the name.  Graduated from Episcopal in 1993 and went to LSU.

Murdered by her 19 year old boyfriend.  

-The mother of a guy I graduated high school with, was murdered in the Sharpstown area in 2019.  She was at home during the middle of the day...and a guy that had been sleeping in his car on their street, knocked on her door and he killed her.  Took some money, went to the store and got food and came back to eat in her house.

-A friends dad murdered his mom in 2018.  They were in their 80's and he had an inoperable brain tumor that probably caused him to lose it.  

Sad shit, man.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:05 PM, mchookem said:

😳 note to self: do not associate with threesheets lol

He’ll get you into some misdemeanor trouble, but he never got me into any felony trouble.  Maybe one time there was some felony trouble, but I would need to know the cost of lumber and the amount needed to make it a felony circa 1993.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

-A friend/acquaintance was murdered in 2014.

Brandy Renger..I'm sure some other folks here know her or at least know the name.  Graduated from Episcopal in 1993 and went to LSU.

Murdered by her 19 year old boyfriend.  

-The mother of a guy I graduated high school with, was murdered in the Sharpstown area in 2019.  She was at home during the middle of the day...and a guy that had been sleeping in his car on their street, knocked on her door and he killed her.  Took some money, went to the store and got food and came back to eat in her house.

-A friends dad murdered his mom in 2018.  They were in their 80's and he had an inoperable brain tumor that probably caused him to lose it.  

Sad shit, man.

I knew her.  My wife used to date a guy she dated.  Brandy was dating him around the time my wife and I started dating (2004 or so).  One night she got drunk and called my wife (then my girlfriend) and made all sorts of weird accusations.  We were and are friends with the guy she was dating, and it was extremely awkward when we would see Brandy and him around town and at concerts.  She called again one night drunk and started cussing my wife out, so I had to get on the phone and put a stop to it.

I think she went downhill in the years before she was murdered by that young guy in some crappy apartment.  I was sad to hear about it.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I knew her.  My wife used to date a guy she dated.  Brandy was dating him around the time my wife and I started dating (2004 or so).  One night she got drunk and called my wife (then my girlfriend) and made all sorts of weird accusations.  We were and are friends with the guy she was dating, and it was extremely awkward when we would see Brandy and him around town and at concerts.  She called again one night drunk and started cussing my wife out, so I had to get on the phone and put a stop to it.

I think she went downhill in the years before she was murdered by that young guy in some crappy apartment.  I was sad to hear about it.

I'm about 95% sure I know the guy you know.  We're friends as well.  I think it was around that same time. Seemed like they were on/off a a lot, seemingly fighting all the time..  I hung out with one of Brandy's roommates/firends around that time.

She could be a handful for sure. And yes finding out she was killed by a kid 20 years younger in an apt in Katy was shocking.

5 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I'm about 95% sure I know the guy you know.  We're friends as well.  I think it was around that same time. Seemed like they were on/off a a lot, seemingly fighting all the time..  I hung out with one of Brandy's roommates/firends around that time.

She could be a handful for sure. And yes finding out she was killed by a kid 20 years younger in an apt in Katy was shocking.

Initials JL?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just found out one of my nephews was murdered in Wichita on Sunday. 

https://www.kake.com/story/43746055/police-suspects-in-teens-death-forced-their-way-into-wichita-apartment

I haven't seen him since he was in middle school, but he was only 17.  We are estranged from his mother (too much to go into there - we found out from my MIL, who simply said his mother doesn't want to hear from any of the family about it), but my last memory of the kid was making him confetti pancakes at my house when they were spending the weekend with us 6 or so years ago. 

Fucking awful. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 1:41 PM, Tylerocks said:

I brought it up to my wife last night.  She said that incident with Brandy calling her was a couple years after we had started dating (she was sure because she had moved into a new rental and started a new job at the time).  So probably 2006.  Brandy's then boyfriend had called my wife and left a voicemail asking for leads on any new jobs (as my wife had just gotten a new lawyering job through a head hunter).  My wife did not even return the call, but apparently Brandy had gone through his phone and saw he had called her. And it set her off.  Really sad deal, her death.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, conVINCEd said:

He’ll get you into some misdemeanor trouble, but he never got me into any felony trouble.  Maybe one time there was some felony trouble, but I would need to know the cost of lumber and the amount needed to make it a felony circa 1993.

That entire build was done with stolen lumber.  Imagine what a felonious motherfucker you'd be with today's prices.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I brought it up to my wife last night.  She said that incident with Brandy calling her was a couple years after we had started dating (she was sure because she had moved into a new rental and started a new job at the time).  So probably 2006.  Brandy's then boyfriend had called my wife and left a voicemail asking for leads on any new jobs (as my wife had just gotten a new lawyering job through a head hunter).  My wife did not even return the call, but apparently Brandy had gone through his phone and saw he had called her. And it set her off.  Really sad deal, her death.  

Yeah, unfortunately that sounds about right.

• Hook 'Em 1