Do You Know Anyone Personally Who Was Murdered or a Murderer?

Vic Mackey

8 minutes ago, mrlasky said:

My youngest son's Godmother was murdered while she was at work almost three years ago.  She was a pediatrician in Austin and is sorely missed!

I think I remember seeing that on the news...was that the hostage situation?

There was a girl at another school, who a friend of mine dated for a while.  She and I also had another friend in common.  She and her mother were murdered by her father at their home when we all were freshmen in high school.  Just before it happened, as the story I heard goes, she was on the phone with that friend-in-common and said, "Hey, I've got to go, my dad says he has a surprise for me."

I still get chills thinking about how that phone conversation ended.

My sister was friends with Elena Semander, whose dad was my precal teacher in high school.  She was murdered by Coral Eugene Watts in 1982.

Edited by dcbc

On 1/5/2024 at 12:20 AM, Hornstrader said:

I worked at Oshman's Sporting Goods in the DFW area when the Texas 7 events went down.

On 1/5/2024 at 8:15 AM, Enchubben said:

Oshmans….. there is a blast from the past. Greatest sporting goods chain ever, don’t make em like they used to. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRodttr0Hp59FVLfggOb8A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8i93TK0B4MbjQpbZwZWM

On 1/5/2024 at 8:23 AM, BamaATL said:

It was great until Genghis Khan showed up.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiqzqutVxxMMvQB8_oAVq

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

I think I remember seeing that on the news...was that the hostage situation?

Yes it was. Hostage taker / murderer was another pediatrician (retired) who had been diagnosed with cancer.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:27 AM, TexEx15 said:

Well the last I checked I wasn’t posting the story in CR so figured we could stay on topic. But you are right that’s my fault I should know better.

None taken and I agree. The ironic thing is we were military police and very well trained on the use of force and she should have known what was going to happen. I think it speaks to the power of the cultish brainwashing by maga.

I tend to think she was maybe murdered for her belief in her white privilege... she was probably, actuality killed for her lack of self awareness of her actions,  thinking that they wouldn't shoot her,  a white woman who had served her country...

Of course,  she was wrong

Edited by SKJ

I might have mentioned this in the thread on the old site:

Back in the early 90s pre-internet days when you actually needed a phone number to use your 1200 baud modem to dial into a BBS, I would chat or play text-based games with a bunch of anonymous people (maybe 20 at a time, max) and flirt with several ladies. I was in my early 20's fresh out of the Air Force. One particular young woman took a horny liking to me and wanted me to come to a party one of the guys was throwing at his apt off 51st street for that BBS' users. I went, met a bunch of people including the guy, met the chick and eventually left with her and fucked her. There were a few other get-togethers to play pool or whatever, and I hooked up with that chick several times.

The guy who had the party at his apt? James Noer, the guy who killed the Red Rose dancer in 1991-92.