The internet in 2020

EMAWesome

Transgender who identifies as a deer is now in charge of Twitch censorship.

https://www.theblaze.com/slightly-offensve/trans-deer-twitch-moderator

"I have power, they can't take it away from me," bragged Steph Loehr, also known as FerociouslySteph. "And honestly there are some people that should be afraid of me, and they are because I represent moderation and diversity and I'm gonna come for harmful people. If you're a really sh**ty person – I'm gonna stand up against you. Period. And Twitch is endorsing me to do that."

"At least mental illness has a name, and that name is apparently Steph Loehr," said Elijah. He played videos of Loehr explaining how she likes to "prance around and eat grass," as well as having a "deergasm."

"This is the state of free speech online. This is who's censoring you," added Elijah.

• Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Amazingly enough, The Blaze did not fully portray all of the subtle nuance of this kerfuffle. For example, Steph does not identify as a deer. Nor is she a Twitch moderator. She is a member of a new Twitch panel called the Safety Advisory Council. She cannot ban, silence, or you know, moderate any Twitch user

That being said, she certainly carried herself as if she has more authority than she actually does, so this would take reading beyond a headline (or perhaps not The Blaze) to understand. Of course then you wouldn't get your full truth unvarnished with pesky facts. And, even if the article you quoted was correct, you make the further leap to "in charge of Twitch censorship" which is even more ludicrous. Physician, heal thyself.

• Like 2

Twitch screwed up when it put all of those restrictions on what a woman can wear while streaming. If a chick wants to play a game without a bar wearing a lose tank top that shows side boob more power to her. The same if a girl wants to do some twerking in booty shorts between games.

10 minutes ago, F250 said:

Twitch screwed up when it put all of those restrictions on what a woman can wear while streaming. If a chick wants to play a game without a bar wearing a lose tank top that shows side boob more power to her. The same if a girl wants to do some twerking in booty shorts between games.

A bar?

Twitch thots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Amazingly enough, The Blaze did not fully portray all of the subtle nuance of this kerfuffle. For example, Steph does not identify as a deer. Nor is she a Twitch moderator. She is a member of a new Twitch panel called the Safety Advisory Council. She cannot ban, silence, or you know, moderate any Twitch user

That being said, she certainly carried herself as if she has more authority than she actually does, so this would take reading beyond a headline (or perhaps not The Blaze) to understand. Of course then you wouldn't get your full truth unvarnished with pesky facts. And, even if the article you quoted was correct, you make the further leap to "in charge of Twitch censorship" which is even more ludicrous. Physician, heal thyself.

Explain the deer thing, then, since you seem to know more. And there’s no way I’m googling any of this.

10 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Explain the deer thing, then, since you seem to know more. And there’s no way I’m googling any of this.

Oh she's definitely odd. She likes deer and wears antlers on some videos. In others she prances about. But she doesn't claim to be a deer, want to be a deer, or "identify" as a deer. That's not weird enough for some people to react to, however, so they have to create even more of a caricature. Just like @workswithseed did a couple of posts above where he claims "She said every gamer is a racist and that voice chat is ableist." She has not claimed every game is a racist. It's lazy and fitting that people who rail against Fake News simply make things up to fit their own narratives.

She does claim that voice chat is ableist. I don't have a strong opinion on this as I don't play multiplayer games and don't watch streams on Twitch. I have not seen these videos myself, I have just read about this in a couple of different places because I find gaming culture interesting and read about it a bit. 

"I have power, they can't take it away from me," bragged Steph Loehr, also known as FerociouslySteph. "And honestly there are some people that should be afraid of me, and they are because I represent moderation and diversity and I'm gonna come for harmful people. If you're a really sh**ty person – I'm gonna stand up against you. Period. And Twitch is endorsing me to do that."

"At least mental illness has a name, and that name is apparently Steph Loehr," said Elijah. He played videos of Loehr explaining how she likes to "prance around and eat grass," as well as having a "deergasm."

"This is the state of free speech online. This is who's censoring you," added Elijah.

PointedJadedAddax-size_restricted.gif

13 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

so this would take reading beyond a headline (or perhaps not The Blaze) to understand. Of course then you wouldn't get your full truth unvarnished with pesky facts. And, even if the article you quoted was correct, you make the further leap to "in charge of Twitch censorship" which is even more ludicrous. Physician, heal thyself.

Ironically, Emaw was right: this is exactly the internet in 2020.  Unfortunately, it's his own use of the internet that he's describing. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

EMAW and this trans-deer have one thing in common, both of their mothers were apparently killed by hunters, hence the affinity for firearms.  

• 2 weeks later...