"We lost a lot of good men out there..."

Dennis Taylor

Guest Lobo
16 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

"Would you say you're completely full of shit or just 50%? "I hope just 50, but who knows."

Plus the shot of her ass when she gets out of the bed is quite delightful.  But now when they show it on basic cable, she's always wearing a rather full-backed pair of undies.  Damn shame they ruined the artistic integrity of that film.  And can somebody tell me why Bradley Cooper seems 3" shorter in this movie than in all his other roles? 

"I'll be upstairs in my room, painting...homo things." 

Guest Lobo

Yeah, I think she was two years after us, so class of 2000.  She's aging very well.  Looks better now than she did in the movie, or so her website would have us believe.  

Somebody at Moody School pointed out that McConaughey, Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson, Robert Rodriguez, and Renne Zellwiger were all at UT at the same time and studying many of the same courses, but only Wilson and Anderson knew each other and that's only from Dallas.  /csb

Guest Lobo

They're both from Dallas so I guess it's possible they are distant cousins or by marriage. 

If they are related, Wes never liked her enough to help out her movie career and put her in any of his films, despite her tour-de-force performance in "Pauly Shore is Dead" 

Guest Lobo

to be fair, It does hit an excruciating 30 minute lull that nobody ever talks about.  But finishes strong due to Will Ferrell and his mother's coveted meatloaf recipe.  But syndication buyers fail to acknowledge that the film grinds to a fucking halt from the time they leave the seaside resort (and but for one funny scene with Isla discussing the brazilian twins) until Chaz crashes the crashing movie.  Most of the movie is holding up well, except for it reminds me in every other scene that Owen Wilson hasn't been funny in, in 15 years, in anything.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

to be fair, It does hit an excruciating 30 minute lull that nobody ever talks about.  But finishes strong due to Will Ferrell and his mother's coveted meatloaf recipe.  But syndication buyers fail to acknowledge that the film grinds to a fucking halt from the time they leave the seaside resort (and but for one funny scene with Isla discussing the brazilian twins) until Chaz crashes the crashing movie.  Most of the movie is holding up well, except for it reminds me in every other scene that Owen Wilson hasn't been funny in, in 15 years, in anything.  

Another film that over-quoting has destroyed for me. 

“Motorboating sonofabitch” lost its funniness a decade ago. Only people i know that still quote wedding crashers are in their 40s and 50s

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

doesn't help that Vince Vaughn's schtick got old around 2005

Pretty accurate.  Since then, he was funny in an otherwise unremarkable comedy called "the Internship" (again, Owen Wilson is there just waiting to suck with his hands tucked into his long sleeves).  I would never seek it out, but in December, one of your least shitty options to watch is "Four Christmases" which he's above average in.  Everything else has been garbage, even "Curb" couldn't help him (though he does play the straight man well).  

Anyway, didn't mean to get all "get off my lawn"...Wedding Crashers save for the section I mentioned, is still pretty funny.  Vaughan can still hit some great notes.  Wilson has been limping along for 15 years in even worse fashion than Vaughan has.  

There's no money anymore in true comedies, so I get it.