Waco Attorneys Arrested in Murder for Hire Plot

Vito Andolini

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems like a short deliberation to call a mistrial over.  

Depends if it was 6-6 or 11-1.  6-6 ain’t ever getting resolved.  I’m fortunate that my few jury experiences have been so overwhelmingly obvious that we took the better part of the day just to make it seem like we were taking things seriously, went through the evidence, and voted 12-0 to convict.   I didn’t sleep well for a couple of months after one of those trials, but on the two occasions I’ve done a criminal trial, we could’ve reached a verdict in 15 minutes.  There were a few of us that thought we should talk about it for a little bit, mainly because that seemed like the right thing to do, we had already taken the day off of work, and lunch would be provided.  

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Depends if it was 6-6 or 11-1.  6-6 ain’t ever getting resolved.  I’m fortunate that my few jury experiences have been so overwhelmingly obvious that we took the better part of the day just to make it seem like we were taking things seriously, went through the evidence, and voted 12-0 to convict.   I didn’t sleep well for a couple of months after one of those trials, but on the two occasions I’ve done a criminal trial, we could’ve reached a verdict in 15 minutes.  There were a few of us that thought we should talk about it for a little bit, mainly because that seemed like the right thing to do, we had already taken the day off of work, and lunch would be provided.  

I’m pretty sure it was very close to even. 

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I was on a criminal jury trial this summer (felony domestic assault).  We convicted in literally 5 minutes.  There really wasn't anything to debate on the guilt phase.  But deliberated probably 6 hours total (over the course of 2 days) in the punishment phase.  Super interesting experience.

On 8/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Seems like a short deliberation to call a mistrial over.  

Yeah I agree. That’s on the judge. How early did she/he give the Allen charge? For a criminal trial especially that seems brief

14 hours ago, scottsins said:

Also, there was only 3 days of testimony so 12 hours deadlock is not a short time, relatively speaking.

I guess the jury notes were probably pretty definitive about a deadlock

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:34 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

I tend to believe people are the same wherever you go. Sure, they might have different politics or whatever, but no one area the size of Waco in America is any more or less donwright batshit insane than any other. But then Waco keeps Wacoin' on. I have it on pretty good authority -- the ex DA's entirely insane ex-wife -- that barely ten percent of the weird shit that goes on up there ever makes the papers. 

Way back in the 19th Century, Baylor had more churches per capita than anywhere else. Also more whorehouses. That sounds like legend but it's true.

The crazy is everywhere. The courthouse. Rapelor. The Bar. I am sure city hall and the county government are real peaches too. 

Baptists, man.   They're some of the nuttiest fuckers around, and that region of Texas is littered with them (that stretch from Stephenville to Waco may be the worst/most corrupt place in America.  I won't even stop to take a piss in Waco. When a collective group of people can enable and cover up that much rape and child molestation (not to mention all of the other shenanigans) and have a majority of its members still pretend like it never happened and that the rest of the world is the fucked up place, you've got a cult that makes Koresh's tiny enclave look like child's play.  Half of those fuckers are New Apostolic Reformation wack jobs and don't even realize it.  And those TV home improvement twats are as bad as the rest of them.  

I know good people live in Waco. I don't know how they can stand it.  I also know good people can be Baptists. I don't understand how they're so willfully blind.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 9:14 AM, Samson's Wig said:

Baptists, man.   They're some of the nuttiest fuckers around, and that region of Texas is littered with them (that stretch from Wichita Falls to Waco may be the worst/most corrupt place in America.  

• Hook 'Em 1