Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, sachick said:

Do you think it's a spray tan? It probably is. He probably has a spray tan lady that travels with him. Could you imagine her job? She has to see him stripped down to his tighty-whities to spray him.

So that's what Ivanka's duties are. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve been saying for a while Trump fears a trial in the Senate, even if he has the votes to protect him from removal.  

It’s why I think he will resign if it gets that far. He will want to maintain control of the narrative. Resignation is the only way to do that when facing public trial.

A trial in the senate would be devastating for him, his family, and the GOP. 

Even if he wouldn’t be removed.

This. Impeachment means a trial in the Senate. Donald Trump wants no part of that.

Gold from r/the_donald:

DUDE, fucking everyone man. I am watching Fox and FBN now back and forth while working and even they are destroying Trump right now, they have all turned into Shep Smith. They have wholly bought into the 12 Russian indictment crap that came out on Friday. Something has happened, they have given up opposing the BS Democratic narrative. Have they been given marching orders by the Deep State? We are living in Bizarro World man, WTF?.”

• Like 1

So is it time to revisit speculation on what kind of pressure Putin has on Trump? I don't think he cares that much about the piss tape. It's got to be something that can flat out ruin Trump financially. Maybe there's a carrot on the other end, some kind of big payoff (Rosneft deal, maybe something else?) but I have to think he's got some massive financial stick that's going to come down on Trump if he steps out of line in any way.

3 minutes ago, sachick said:

Do you think it's a spray tan? It probably is. He probably has a spray tan lady that travels with him. Could you imagine her job? She has to see him stripped down to his tighty-whities to spray him.

I've always assumed it was a spray tan because of the pasty goggle eyes.  What else could it be?  Lotion?  I think you're right.  Someone's job is to look at that atrocity of flesh and spray it down with guido juice.  It'd take a steady hand to hold that sprayer while trembling from revulsion.  I'd lose it and turn that spray gun on myself and blow two orange holes through my own temples.  

The FoxNews (website) coverage is fascinating.  It straddles more deftly than a young Stormy Daniels.

Main Headline: "Wild Finnish: Helsinki summit stuns world as Putin invites Mueller to Moscow, Trump blasts 'disaster' probe"  - It's a strong statement, but at the same time neutral.  And it misses what is "stunning" about the press conference.  The first line: " President Trump and Vladimir Putin both dubbed their highly anticipated summit Monday a success, though allegations of Russian meddling...quickly took center stage at a joint press conference."   1. Establish the meeting as a success, 2. Establish the investigation as a distraction to that success. 

Other stories under the main:

“RECAP: Putin admits he wanted Trump to beat Hillary; both agree there was no collusion.”  This is basically a collection of tweets, as far as I can see.

“Media slams Trump following Putin summit: “One of the most disgraceful performances by an American President.”  Then quotes Cooper (CNN), Baldwin (CNN), but, to their credit, eventually includes criticism by Brit Hume (FoxN), Trish Regan (FoxB), Neil Cavuto (FoxN), and Ben Shapiro. 

“Terror Expert Compares Reaction to Trump’s Russia Efforts to Obama’s: ‘It’s glaring Hypocrisy.”  This criticism was from US Army Special Forces Jim Hanson which referred exclusively to Obama’s hot mic moment of saying he’d be in better position to negotiate after the 2012 election. 

“ ’Absolutely Unbelievable’:Dem Strategist Blast Trump for Believing Putin Over US Intelligence”.  It doesn’t actually quote her on anything (there is a video that I assume does), but does discuss what she is reacting to (the President taking Putin’s word.)

Just reading the headlines, it make it seem like FoxNews is siding with President, and blaming the media and Democrats for overreacting.  But the article themselves hedge that position, and include actual criticism from conservative sources.

Just now, kevwun said:

Knowing that Trump Inc has been laundering Russian mafia money for several years is a pretty big pile of shit to hold over his head.

Mueller knows it, too. The president is obviously scared, and it makes this country weak. For the good of the country, elected officials need to start seriously discussing his removal from office.

6 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

So is it time to revisit speculation on what kind of pressure Putin has on Trump? I don't think he cares that much about the piss tape. It's got to be something that can flat out ruin Trump financially. Maybe there's a carrot on the other end, some kind of big payoff (Rosneft deal, maybe something else?) but I have to think he's got some massive financial stick that's going to come down on Trump if he steps out of line in any way.

Hell, at this point I think he has a pick of President Ballgag with Putin's own cock in his mouth. 

Just now, TornACL said:

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous that we allowed this shitbag to even run for office without disclosing any personal financial information like the tax returns which are amazingly still "under audit".

There is one party and one party only complicit in this. The last 18 months have been some of the most shameful in the history of Republican politics.

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If Democrats take the House, he'll be impeached. 

Fuck impeachment, I'm starting to root for a military coup.  We need to clean house.  Get rid of all these scumbags and hold new elections, top to bottom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Fuck impeachment, I'm starting to root for a military coup.  We need to clean house.  Get rid of all these scumbags and hold new elections, top to bottom.

That's not how military coups work. Unless you want to quickly be ruled by a general or junta...

source.gif

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m sure Hope Hicks was disappointed when she was thinking about a book deal and learned the title Memoirs of a Geisha was already taken.

She could type it out like a Trump tweet: "Rememberations OF A gay shah!!!"

Edited to add random capitalization.

Edited by Tuco

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve been saying for a while Trump fears a trial in the Senate, even if he has the votes to protect him from removal.  

It’s why I think he will resign if it gets that far. He will want to maintain control of the narrative. Resignation is the only way to do that when facing public trial.

A trial in the senate would be devastating for him, his family, and the GOP. 

Even if he wouldn’t be removed.

I think you overly discount the deep and uncontrollable impulses that arise from his NPD. 

15 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

So is it time to revisit speculation on what kind of pressure Putin has on Trump? I don't think he cares that much about the piss tape. 

There is no way a pee tape means anything to Trump.  His fear runs far deeper than that.  I imagine it's mostly related to financial crimes.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

As bad as Trump and the GOP are right now, that is the sort of thing that Russia would want. The only way we get through this is by using our democratic and constitutional institutions to oust Trump.

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

That's not how military coups work. Unless you want to quickly be ruled by a general or junta...

That's how they worked in Turkey until Obama bitched out in 2016.

Well I suppose that the bitching out happened after the coup failed, but the bottom line is that it's how they have worked in Turkey when successful.

Edited by Huckleberry

I've always assumed it was a spray tan because of the pasty goggle eyes.  What else could it be?  Lotion?  I think you're right.  Someone's job is to look at that atrocity of flesh and spray it down with guido juice.  It'd take a steady hand to hold that sprayer while trembling from revulsion.  I'd lose it and turn that spray gun on myself and blow two orange holes through my own temples.  
I'd imagine it's something like the War Boys blowing baby powder over Immortan Joe.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

As bad as Trump and the GOP are right now, that is the sort of thing that Russia would want. The only way we get through this is by using our democratic and constitutional institutions to oust Trump.

People still don’t understand, Russia wins this battle NO MATTER WHAT.

Seriously, take your best case scenario for how this plays out and think about how Russia can spin that outcome in their favor.

Fortunately, the United States is still strong and Russia is still weak but this game is fucking already over.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Enemas are never pretty, but they're often effective at flushing out the shit.

No. 

A military coup would be an admission that our system has failed.  The civilians control the military, not the other way around.  Full stop.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Are you arguing for a military coup?  Or is this a "but Obama"?  Both?

I'm struggling to see the relevance.

The relevance is that there actually is a history of military coups returning power to the people (in terms of democratic rule). You claimed that military coups never work out like that when in fact they have in the past in certain cases.

Also, important clarification, I agree with you that a military coup is a terrible awful idea that I hope never happens in the US.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but I'm losing faith in our ability to overcome the gerrymandered districts and electoral college system.  I've seen where the Dems would need something like 50% more votes in congressional races to win the House.

Also, I didn’t “bail” on the thread. I went to lunch, dumbass.

I also stopped in at a university book store and asked for Trump’s new book.

Someone who likely was “hating” all my posts in this board was obviously triggered and yelled, “GET THE FUCK OUT!!!”

I said, “That’s it! Have you read it?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fuck You 11

Just now, Huckleberry said:

The relevance is that there actually is a history of military coups returning power to the people (in terms of democratic rule). You claimed that military coups never work out like that when in fact they have in the past in certain cases.

I didn't say "never," but ok.  I'm saying far fewer work out for the people than they do for the military.  Make your list of coups that worked out for the people, and I'll make mine and we'll see which is longer.  I'm guessing military dictatorship comes out on top.  

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People still don’t understand, Russia wins this battle NO MATTER WHAT.

Seriously, take your best case scenario for how this plays out and think about how Russia can spin that outcome in their favor.

Fortunately, the United States is still strong and Russia is still weak but this game is fucking already over.

They've won some battles, but they don't win the war unless we abandon our system of government.    They're the ones pushing coups and civil war 2.0s and assassinations and shit like that.   People need to resist overreaction; the strongest thing about our government is its mechanisms for peaceful transfers of power. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but I'm losing faith in our ability to overcome the gerrymandered districts and electoral college system.  I've seen where the Dems would need something like 50% more votes in congressional races to win the House.

Most of that is not due to gerrymandering.  It is because liberals are super concentrated in urban precincts.

Just now, AnonymousInternetPoster said:

Also, I didn’t “bail” on the thread. I went to lunch, dumbass.

I also stopped in at a university book store and asked for Trump’s new book.

Someone who likely was “hating” all my posts in this board was obviously triggered and yelled, “GET THE FUCK OUT!!!”

I said, “That’s it! Have you read it?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r/thathappened

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Also, important clarification, I agree with you that a military coup is a terrible awful idea that I hope never happens in the US.

I speak Spanish so I'm kind of down with the idea of a Junta.