Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, futureman said:

jesus.  y’all don’t even know what you’re angry about.  what a fucking monkey circus in here. 

Really, guy?

“My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I’ll say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

15 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

DiPX_bZU8AA8jfJ.jpg

I just can't get past this. I'm not trained in legal precedent and case law, but this looks like a straight-up case of 'aid and comfort to the enemy' to me. Anyone think it's not? Keep in mind the context - this was in response to a question about whether he believes our own intelligence agencies or said enemy.

WTF is Dumbass Dotard going to do with the server? Why does he want to see it?

2 minutes ago, AnonymousInternetPoster said:

Only comments from Deranged Never Trumpers are allowed on this board now. He didn’t get the memo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once the after-work and post-happy hour crowds get on here, you will be dunzo. I look forward to your rebirth as DoubleSecretAnonymousInternetPoster with some other avatar that was cool in 2005. Frankly, I am surprised that you have the savvy to post an avatar. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

He's literally a brainwashed idiot.

I'm not confused about why I hate Trump though… LOL.   One post y'all are saying Trump is alienating the governmental personnel who work for him, and then another poster says Trump is taking over the world through military and governmental power. So which way is it going to be lefties?

When you don't have anything else to argue, then come the IQ jabs. Don't get pissed at me because y'all's bullshit doesn't make sense. And unlike the trolls, I do try to read your shit and get where you're coming from. No fucking diceAnd unlike the trolls, I do try to read your shit and get where you're coming from. No fucking dice

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I'm not confused about why I hate Trump though… LOL.   One post y'all are saying Trump is alienating the governmental personnel who work for him, and then another poster says Trump is taking over the world through military and governmental power. So which way is it going to be lefties?

When you don't have anything else to argue, then come the IQ jabs. Don't get pissed at me because y'all's bullshit doesn't make sense. And unlike the trolls, I do try to read your shit and get where you're coming from. No fucking diceAnd unlike the trolls, I do try to read your shit and get where you're coming from. No fucking dice

This should be a big clue on where your logic fails, slorch. If Person A says something and then Person B says something that contradicts it that's not hypocritical or a logical issue. That's two different people with different opinions.

That kind of thing happens when people think for themselves.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

And Russia happily agrees with Trump's blame America stance... 

So, the relationship between us and Russia is worse than the Cuban missile crisis? 

Like we're on the brink of nuclear war?

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The legal answer to counter the charge of treason is likely "we're not at war with Russia".

But yes, it's essentially treasonous behavior, without all the necessary conditions.

I prefer going with seditious conspiracy instead of treason when describing Trump’s malfeasance.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Why do you support a pussy-grabbing traitor, Slorch?

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This should be a big clue on where your logic fails, slorch. If Person A says something and then Person B says something that contradicts it that's not hypocritical or a logical issue. That's two different people with different opinions.

And then another slorch sucked Donald's cock. Which is it liberals?!?!? 

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

jesus.  y’all don’t even know what you’re angry about.  what a fucking monkey circus in here. 

We are angry that the President of the United States of America just sided with our main enemies over our CIA, FBI and NSA. We're mad because we like our country and we don't like traitorous behavior from it's leader. We're mad because a small segment of our population, like yourself, have been so brainwashed by your echo chambers that you don't have an issue with what happened today.   

Edited by Lagunamadre
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

See, I absolutely loathe this line of thought.  No, it's not the best I could have hoped for.  The best I could have hoped for is that Trump would have woken from his feverish syphilitic dream and started to act like an American President.

Fuck you for implying that those who are anti-Trump are rooting against him.  That's straight up bullshit.   I desperately want the man to start acting like he deserves the office he occupies. 

100X this.  I would be THRILLED if we simply had a president with whom I disagreed with on some simple policy matters.  This country NEEDS a president who is actually capable of (1) acting in the capacity of president (2) of the United States.  I'd really, really prefer someone who won't wreck the whole fucking thing.

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Fair enough and agreeable. I guess I mean, reasonably speaking, he is who he is and the best that can be hoped for is not a miracle (that he snaps out of it) but that he does something to get voted off the island and relieved of the office. Right?

Except that will never happen.  The GOP has chosen -- they are loyal only to their hold on power, and anything that will increase/strengthen that.  And if that "anything" is actions by an enemy state, they're happy to accept it.  The GOP is clear and present danger to our national security.

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People still don’t understand, Russia wins this battle NO MATTER WHAT.

Seriously, take your best case scenario for how this plays out and think about how Russia can spin that outcome in their favor.

Fortunately, the United States is still strong and Russia is still weak but this game is fucking already over.

And this.  That's what pisses me off the most -- there is no winning here.  We've lost.  Every option is just another way to lose.  And then we have 40% of our country who is buttfuckingly stupid/evil enough to claim that losing is actually "winning!"

48 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

And yet you carry his water whenever you can because it owns the libs.

Well, what you have to understand is, Johnny Sack is a Sack of Shit.  He'll happily tolerate any level of evil, harm to others, and betrayal of country, if it irritates anyone (who, by the very reason of them being irritated, are "libs."  Which is awesome, because Johnny thinks that guys like George Will and Krauthammer are/were "libs" (see their clear opposition to Trump, and calls for actual action in opposition to him)).

47 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

No. 

A military coup would be an admission that our system has failed.  The civilians control the military, not the other way around.  Full stop.

And this.  No coups.  Like I said, we've already lost, no matter what happens.  But completely surrendering the democratic apparatus of regime change would be a loss that we could never recover from.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Most of that is not due to gerrymandering.  It is because liberals are super concentrated in urban precincts.

Yeah, someone was fucking stupid/dishonest enough to actually post this.  Plenty of rebuttal above (my first thought was to show my gerrymandered district in Austin, which was unquestionably done to fuck with party balance, but folks already did that).  In a board with plenty of colon-cleansing stupidity, this post makes the hall of fame.

32 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Well, see, what you have to understand is, Cornyn possesses neither vertebrae nor testicles.  He is a neuter slug, feeding off of nutrients from Trump's spray tan that he absorbs through his slimey underbelly.

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

"My intelligence people" = Trump thinks he's king and the entire government and American people belong to him.

Always.  Everything he says points to self over country.  There IS no country to him -- only Trump.  Yet his supporters claim to be patriots.  A world turned upside down indeed.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They put a large population of likely D voters into a single district instead of multiple districts.

I know people hate the "both sides" but here you go- 

Whether left-leaning reform activists admit it or not, Democrats haven’t gerrymandered any less aggressively than Republicans. They just had less than a quarter of the power to do so in 2011, hence the GOP’s current advantage. Need proof? Just try to decipher the Rorschach test-like maps that Democrats passed in states like Georgia in 2001 and Illinois and Maryland in 2011.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hating-gerrymandering-is-easy-fixing-it-is-harder/

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

as incredibly insightful as your posts have been demonstrated to be over the last few years, i am interested to know why you say this.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Never mind that I merely posited it as a future possibility.  These subtleties elude slorch.

I know people hate the "both sides" but here you go- 
Whether left-leaning reform activists admit it or not, Democrats haven’t gerrymandered any less aggressively than Republicans. They just had less than a quarter of the power to do so in 2011, hence the GOP’s current advantage. Need proof? Just try to decipher the Rorschach test-like maps that Democrats passed in states like Georgia in 2001 and Illinois and Maryland in 2011.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hating-gerrymandering-is-easy-fixing-it-is-harder/

That's a fantastic rebuttal to the argument that Democrats don't gerrymander as badly as Republicans.

Unfortunately nobody here has made that argument but good job all the same.

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Really, guy?

“My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I’ll say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

I never thought he would go this far. I admit, it didn't bother me when he was pissing off some Brits and Germans but now he's turning on his own people. Ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I like Will Hurd.  He's a good American, he served his country, and he continues to do so.  

It's a damned shame that he's a member of the party of treason, and that he has to go because of that.  If he would disavow the current GOP and run as an independent, I would happily support him.  Time to choose, soldier.  Nobody said the choices in time of war would be easy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That's a fantastic rebuttal to the argument that Democrats don't gerrymander as badly as Republicans.

Unfortunately nobody here has made that argument but good job all the same.

I was simply responding to HenryJames' example (as you could have seen in his post I quoted)

Here it is again for you:

They put a large population of likely D voters into a single district instead of multiple districts.

You see it says "likely D voters"

I was simply pointing out it's an issue that both parties have used and that it's total BS for whichever side does it. Nothing more, nothing less carry on. 

1 minute ago, RandomIdoit said:

I never thought he would go this far. I admit, it didn't bother me when he was pissing off some Brits and Germans but now he's turning on his own people. Ridiculous.

I appreciate your admission on this one, but holy shit this is funny.

Donald Trump is a piece of shit human being, a megalomaniacal narcissist, and he was only ever rich (although not ever as rich as he's claimed) because he was born with money and then short-paid vendors and played the game of corruption in NYC. He bragged about sexual assault, mocked a reporter's physical disability, and talked shit about a veteran's family.

But you never thought he'd go this far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

as incredibly insightful as your posts have been demonstrated to be over the last few years, i am interested to know why you say this.

Some time in the last year or so futureman went from a pretty good poster with funny quips, to this weird role as an intellectually superior contrarian.  Strangely, he seems to be most upset when people are criticizing Trump.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it would be trivially easy to come up with an algorithm that iterates on a spatial distribution of districts within a given state, adjusting the radius of each district until every one of them converged on an equal population.  A step beyond would be to adjust the center point of each district.  The point would be to remove party or voter demographics from the calculation.  It would take about 2 minutes to run on the average desktop workstation.

Ah, who am I kidding.  Nobody wants that, especially those in power.  But it could still be done.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, seven said:

And then another slorch sucked Donald's cock. Which is it liberals?!?!? 

Not a Trump defender at all.  Search my posts...

y'all love some binary shit, eh?  "If you're not on our side, you must live Trump!"

Hardly...

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure it would be trivially easy to come up with an algorithm that iterates on a spatial distribution of districts within a given state, adjusting the radius of each district until every one of them converged on an equal population.  A step beyond would be to adjust the center point of each district.  The point would be to remove party or voter demographics from the calculation.  It would take about 2 minutes to run on the average desktop workstation.

Ah, who am I kidding.  Nobody wants that, especially those in power.  But it could still be done.

Yep, there's no way this isn't possible at this point, even if you add constraints of natural borders such as rivers, county lines, major roads and highways, etc. In fact it should be easily possible with only a single starting point which could be established by law. Computers could take it from there based only on the number of districts and the number of people living at each address in the State.

Also, I know that so many of y'all think that my calls have been like this lately:

Man-on-a-Ledge-photo-courtesy-Summit-Ent

....but it seems that a good number of y'all are coming around to the obvious truth.  There's no winning this, there's no fixing this.  We have an openly treasonous man occupying the White House, an entire political party willingly complicit in it for transitory power, and 40% of the population cheering it because as long as it upsets "the libs," it doesn't matter what it is, it must be good.  40% of our population would cheer Russian troops showing up in democrat-leaning jurisdiction and rounding up Americans, because "owning the libs."  And the president of the UNITED STATES would be fine with it, while the GOP congress would be "quite concerned," but secretly support it.

That's where we are.  It's over.  There's no going back.  I have a LOT of scotch, but if a whole buncha you join, you're gonna need to bring some bottles of your own.  And this ledge may get crowded....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I appreciate your admission on this one, but holy shit this is funny.

Donald Trump is a piece of shit human being, a megalomaniacal narcissist, and he was only ever rich (although not ever as rich as he's claimed) because he was born with money and then short-paid vendors and played the game of corruption in NYC. He bragged about sexual assault, mocked a reporter's physical disability, and talked shit about a veteran's family.

But you never thought he'd go this far.

I knew he was a narcissist and an asshole, but I thought he was an American first. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I like Will Hurd.  He's a good American, he served his country, and he continues to do so.  

It's a damned shame that he's a member of the party of treason, and that he has to go because of that.  If he would disavow the current GOP and run as an independent, I would happily support him.  Time to choose, soldier.  Nobody said the choices in time of war would be easy.

There was a piece on politico recently that made the point about how anti-slavery Dems in the 1850s had to leave their party and join the Whigs in forming the Republican Party, which was dominated by formerly-Whig policy views with which they disagreed.  Although it was tough to suck up the differences in general policy, they chose country and morality over party based on the larger issues that went to the heart of our existence as a nation.   Although the issues are different, we are in a comparable situation today, with the shoe on the other foot. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, I know that so many of y'all think that my calls have been like this lately:

Man-on-a-Ledge-photo-courtesy-Summit-Ent

....but it seems that a good number of y'all are coming around to the obvious truth.  There's no winning this, there's no fixing this.  We have an openly treasonous man occupying the White House, an entire political party willingly complicit in it for transitory power, and 40% of the population cheering it because as long as it upsets "the libs," it doesn't matter what it is, it must be good.  40% of our population would cheer Russian troops showing up in democrat-leaning jurisdiction and rounding up Americans, because "owning the libs."  And the president of the UNITED STATES would be fine with it, while the GOP congress would be "quite concerned," but secretly support it.

That's where we are.  It's over.  There's no going back.  I have a LOT of scotch, but if a whole buncha you join, you're gonna need to bring some bottles of your own.  And this ledge may get crowded....

I'm not much of a scotch drinker, but I do drink beer, and I can bring my own.

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

I knew he was a narcissist and an asshole, but I thought he was an American first. 

Seriously?  You seriously thought that?  And I really do promise you that I'm not asking this in a mocking way, I genuinely want to understand....what led you to that conclusion?

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

that wouldn't comply with the VRA because of minority opportunity districts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomIdoit said:

The issue is that he's not a narcissist in the sense that the term is often used against self-centered jerks. He is literally a full-blown narcissist who cares about nobody but himself. It doesn't matter if it was Putin or Chavez. The actual political leanings don't matter. Whoever got the dirt on him then told him they could help him consolidate power because he's super awesome was going to be able to control him.

You and many others just thought he was a sort of off-putting ass. No, he has a serious pathology.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously?  You seriously thought that?  And I really do promise you that I'm not asking this in a mocking way, I genuinely want to understand....what led you to that conclusion?

I thought he was smart enough to know that he should listen to his own intelligence agencies rather than the person they are investigating.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The issue is that he's not a narcissist in the sense that the term is often used against self-centered jerks. He is literally a full-blown narcissist who cares about nobody but himself. It doesn't matter if it was Putin or Chavez. The actual political leanings don't matter. Whoever got the dirt on him then told him they could help him consolidate power because he's super awesome was going to be able to control him.

You and many others just thought he was a sort of off-putting ass. No, he has a serious pathology.

All of this. 

But if it took him selling the U.S. of A. down the river right beside Putin live on TV, well, welcome aboard I guess.

10 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I was simply responding to HenryJames' example (as you could have seen in his post I quoted)

Here it is again for you:

You see it says "likely D voters"

I was simply pointing out it's an issue that both parties have used and that it's total BS for whichever side does it. Nothing more, nothing less carry on. 

You seemed to miss the context of the post. It was asking about a particular district that was held by a Democrat. Therefore, the answer had to explain why that strange district existed since some people mistakenly believe that gerrymandering only applies to districts the party in power wants to hold. But you are right, it is terrible. And JimmyJazz is right, a computer running a completely neutral algorithm should do everything. 

• Like 1

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

I thought he was smart enough to know that he should listen to his own intelligence agencies rather than the person they are investigating.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

What Huckleberry said.  Seriously, a few minutes of research -- well before the election -- would have told you that Trump has never listened to anyone but himself.  I mean, when asked about who he consults on foreign policy nearly 6 months before the election, he actually said these words:

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things,” 

He will not listen to anyone who tells him anything other than "you're awesome, whatever you say, Mr. Trump."  I am genuinely stunned that you didn't see that in plain sight.

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

that wouldn't comply with the VRA because of minority opportunity districts.

So roll that into the algorithm.  I'm serious, this could be written in a weekend.  The real point is that it's the very last thing either party wants.

Behind the scenes:

A number of people who’ve discussed election meddling with Trump, including current senior administration officials, say his brain can’t process that collusion and cyberattacks are two different things.

Trump seems constitutionally incapable of taking anything Mueller finds seriously.

He views the entire exercise as a "witch hunt" cooked up by Democrats and Deep State conspirators to undermine his election win.

Ego prevents him acknowledging the possibility that any external action could have interfered with his glorious victory.

The handful of White House staff we have privately communicated with since today’s press conference are not proud of the man they work for. But he doesn't expect any to resign.

https://www.axios.com/trump-putin-russia-helsinki-congress-intelligence-06a4c21e-59e5-419e-9f70-e88018c87bd2.html