Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I'd guess it's one of two things -- misogyny or anti-intellectualism.  Both hallmarks of the right, both reprehensible.

Anyone who is somehow so unaware as to doubt the legitimacy of a PhD should be shunned.  I guess there's a slight chance they were mocking the field of study, but that's only one step less damning.  Plenty of people equate psychology with "counseling", though, in a negative way.  You know, maybe slightly more rigorous than "African American Studies".  #ivorytower

Yeah, I was too busy screaming at him and telling him to go pound sand before I blocked him so I didn't follow up on that particular line of thought.  I was just so shocked.  I've known this guy for two decades and though we've always had different politics, we've remained good friends.  Now it seems he's gone all in on the far right Fox/Rush/Hannity koolaid but in a mean way.  Among other things he told me I needed a lobotomy.  Nice, huh?  And posted a picture of some women grafitti-ing Kavanaugh's house and held me responsible.  Nice, huh?  And you know what, "MERRICK GARLAND DIDN'T GET HIS HOUSE GRAFITTI-ED, SO HOW'S THAT FOR DOUBLE STANDARDS YA DIZZY BROAD, WHY ARE THE LIBTARDS SO RADICAL???"  Ugh.  Good riddance. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all have any doubt how tough she is?

The toughest men I know are women.

Yep. And there will be a bill to pay by the Rs for marginalizing the claims of these women. Reap it, assholes.

I'm anxious to get these Rs on record with their vote and move forward.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Had he just simply put it in an S&P Index fund, he'd be tons richer.  He's a truly shitty business person.  In the 2000's he was a pitch man for Godfather's Pizza for God's sake.  Only the rubes thinks he's some genius but they can't name one thing he's done.

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I always wonder how many of Trump's supporters never heard of him before The Apprentice. 

The older ones have a vague memory of him building Trump Tower and a large block of them have probably never even seen it in person.

The reason he was having to go to the Russians for money is that American banks stopped dealing with him even at junk rates.

3 hours ago, M12BH said:

SInce y'all seem to be my clearinghouse for all things political, let me tell a story.  A couple of them, actually.  Three, if you want to be specific.

When I was 14 I went with a family friend to visit some of her relatives out of state in a very small Southern town.  One of them was a 30 year old man married to my friend's 19 year old sister.  My friend and I spent a week there by ourselves. I spent the whole week trying, not always successfully, to keep the 30 year old from shoving his hand down my shirt.  While I was awake, while I was asleep.  Anytime no one was around.  This was well before the days of cell phones and my choices were to tell my 14 year old friend or her 19 year old sister.  I did neither.  I still feel the horror, the shame, the embarrassment, and the powerlessness to this day. What I remember most is sleeping in my heaviest nightgown with two heavy blankets over me in the heat of the summer in the deep South in a house without A/C.  That is, when I slept at all.  I spent most of each night waiting for that hand.

When I was 20 I went with my boyfriend and his roommates to 6th Street on Halloweeen.  I dressed as Billy Gibbons.  Much drunken flirting and hilarity ensued. Somewhere in the crush, my boyfriend got separated and so his roommates and I took a cab back to his place.  His roommates raped me. I was so drunk that I don't remember much about it except that I kept trying to turn over to stop them, but either I was too drunk or I was being held down.  Now that I think about it, turning over probably wouldn't have done any good anyway, if you know what I mean. When I told my boyfriend about it the next day, he accused me of fucking them deliberately and kicked me out.  Apparently flirting and drinking with roommates means I want to fuck them. I didn't tell anyone else.  What would have been the point? There was no proof and no witnesses.  "Date rape" wasn't even a concept then.  Being raped meant by a stranger at gunpoint, knifepoint, or at least fistpoint.  

Fast forward more decades than I care to admit.  I'm a successful business owner.  I'm doing better than I ever dreamed.  I make obscene amounts of money and I've got an agreement in place to sell my business in 3 years for a humongous payout.  I spent 2013 bald and puking and kicked cancer to the curb, never to look back.  I'm a published songrwiter and I've been involved in the Austin music scene for a long time. I do volunteer work.  I'm happily married, have a nice house in one of the greatest cities in the world, and by all accounts, a great life.

But this morning I feel, in turns, 14 and 20 years old.  I'm being touched and violated against my will.  And no one cares, no one believes me, and I'm being publicly mocked and scorned by the leader of this country and his disgusting minions.  I should have said something.  I should have done something.  I shouldn't have drank.  I shouldn't have flirted.  I shouldn't have dressed up as Billy Gibbons with a fake beard and a cardboard guitar.  I shouldn't have gone out of state with my friend at age 14 for a vacation from my parents.  I'm nothing.  My credentials don't matter, my credibility doesn't exist, and I'm just some skank trying to use something that certainly didn't happen, and, well, if it did, then it's my fault, to help the evil liberals bring down the poor persecuted conservatives.  

I guarantee you I'm not the only woman you know who feels this way today.  Just keep it in mind, OK?  

Thank you for sharing. As a father of a 5 year old little girl... I am just grateful this stuff is getting put out in the open in a way I don’t think I could appreciate before the birth of my daughter. The courage you and many other woman have sharing your traumas is unmatched. It will be felt for generations to come. These little girls will be forever in your debt. You are helping change things for the better. Keep fighting the good fight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M12BH said:

I guess I should mention the good guys. My dad.  My husband.  One of my two brothers.  They guy who almost took my virginity until I chickened out at the last minute and I was so embarrassed and apologetic, and he said it was ok and then took me out and bought me french fries at McDonald's.  I'm ashamed that I don't even remember his name (told y'all, I'm old AF).  I know y'all are out there.  But today you don't matter. 

A woman I love has had bad experiences with men close to her and the type of sexual harassment along the lines to which Troph alludes. My naivete has been rocked by the metoo movement. My rage has been roused by the easy dismissal many men in power or on this board give to accounts of forced physical contact up to actual rape.

I quote this part of your posts because in it is the aspect of these stories that amazes me. So very many women haven't shut their hearts to men altogether. Good guys still get a chance even after numerous bad guys have preceded them. This reflects such an admirable resilience, strength, and positivity in women. In you. In my beloved.

I cannot understand persons who call themselves men standing by or joining in on an assault on the physically vulnerable. I am outraged that institutions (Baylor, Trump Whitehouse, TV News) have made it part of business to allow this.

I've never used my imposing size and strength to bully anybody. I wasn't raised to do that. Still, I apologize for not knowing more about this and believing such behavior could be so widespread. I apologize for being ignorant.

Edited by RomaVicta
typos
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

Yep. And there will be a bill to pay by the Rs for marginalizing the claims of these women. Reap it, assholes.

I'm anxious to get these Rs on record with their vote and move forward.

I hope a lot of women who might not have voted in a mid-term do so.  I think a lot might.  Trump, Graham, McConnell, they know nothing about how a lot of women are viewing Kavanaugh and Trump's treatment of Ford and Trump’s casual dismissal of that female reporter and publicly stating she doesn’t think. 

Trump said what he said yesterday, because there was no immediate blowback from his “grab em by the pussy” comments, and then it was lost in the shuffle.  Those comments alone should have disqualified him in the eyes of many who call themselves “Christians”.

As my sister said, a lot of women have either worked around or for guys like Kavanaugh and Trump.  2018 mid-terms could be a little payback in the eyes of some.   There is no Hillary on the ballot.   Trump has not changed one iota.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Thanks for the annoying alert, you fat asshole.

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

Just when you think it can't get any worse. Trump is now sending out robo texts. Fuck my life. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Too bad we cant reply.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Trump be texting. 

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Count me as one of those who didn't get the alert though I heard dozens of phones blare the sound as I was walking through the food court in my building.

Score!

You'll be thinking "score" when all of a sudden the nukes are dropping and you wind up with the least attractive paralegal.   Ha ha, motherfucker.  Jokes on you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

You'll be thinking "score" when all of a sudden the nukes are dropping and you wind up with the least attractive paralegal.   Ha ha, motherfucker.  Jokes on you!

With any luck I'll be at home with the wife.

4 minutes ago, retread said:

Maybe I’m splitting hairs here, but cruelty is not the point in the sense that it is not Trump’s ultimate end.  He isn’t cruel for cruelty’s sake.  His cruelty is a means to achieve his true end, which is admiration and heightened status.  Cruelty to others is just one way to do that, and it’s a favorite tactic of the narcissist.  Other means narcissists employ to achieve the same end are braggery, arrogance, exaggeration, and lying.

• Like 2