Hood fights and other hood shenanigans

Goo Punch

8 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

This snippet on the misleading nature of combine numbers is funny.  I would agree that the video evidence demonstrates that he stinks at blocking: 

IOL: BRUCE CAMPBELL

40 Bench Vert 3-Cone 20-shuttle
4.85 34 32 7.58 4.69

This one is cheating to some degree, as Campbell came into the league as a tackle, but he technically played more career snaps in the NFL at guard (33) than tackle (4), so I’m allowing it. Al Davis selected him in the fourth round after his scintillating combine in 2010 despite the fact that he was never really good at blocking people.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-draft-most-misleading-combine-performances-of-the-pff-era

14 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You mean the lady with the driver with a head cover? 

Why would anyone have a mop or broom on a golf course?

He was just surprised she had shoes on and was allowed out of the kitchen.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Blotto said:

Well except for the fact that the bobcat was later shot, and confirmed to have rabies.

Well I grew up watching Disney nature shows and  Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins. I consider myself a wildlife expert and  I would be sadly remiss if I allowed actual facts and a police report to interfere with my preconceived notions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
20 hours ago, closetohumping said:
Instead of yelling stop it, go stop it.

Because if you go get in between a fight they always stop.

and if im fixing to get on a flight, the last goddamn thing i want to do is be mixed up in a fight - esp between people i dont know

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

and if im fixing to get on a flight, the last goddamn thing i want to do is be mixed up in a fight - esp between people i dont know

Yeah, that would be a tough sell to the wife or boss for why I missed my flight and got home 6 hours late.  

Me, "I had to stop a six-person brawl at Urban Decay at the Miami Airport.  Took a couple hits to the ribs for my trouble.  Woman at Delta says it was a big misunderstanding, but guy at Duty-Free Shop thinks it was gang related."  

Her, "Lemme guess, you got overserved in the lounge and missed your connecting flight?"  

37 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

All downside, no upside. 

Exactly. Possible exception if someone was jumped while truly minding their own business, otherwise I'll let those clowns fuck around and find out. As an adult, it's simply not that difficult to avoid getting in fist fights at the g'damn airport. If it happens to you, you're probably a fucking moron. 

The passengers were waiting on their flight to Chicago when a group of people started fighting after being told there were just three standby seats available for their party of four.

A witness told CBSMiami.com there was some back and fourth with the agent and then the agent asked the next group of 3 if they wanted to go.

The first group of 4 at the counter and the next group of 3, exchanged some words which led to a push and that’s when the fists started to fly.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

The passengers were waiting on their flight to Chicago when a group of people started fighting after being told there were just three standby seats available for their party of four.

A witness told CBSMiami.com there was some back and fourth with the agent and then the agent asked the next group of 3 if they wanted to go.

The first group of 4 at the counter and the next group of 3, exchanged some words which led to a push and that’s when the fists started to fly.

source.gif

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

There’s upside.  You could save someone from an ass beating.  Just pull the dude that’s winning off and reason with them 

There are only three constants in life- death, taxes and people engaging in fisticuffs in an airport over inclusion in the standby manifest can be swayed by  reason and logic.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I wish they showed the clip of when the 3 outta 4 make it onto their flight and realize they hadn't yet settled the question of who sits in the middle.  I imagine it looking a lot like the passenger brawl in "Airplane!" (no, couldn't find a clip)

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wish they showed the clip of when the 3 outta 4 make it onto their flight and realize they hadn't yet settled the question of who sits in the middle.  I imagine it looking a lot like the passenger brawl in "Airplane!" (no, couldn't find a clip)

4fad8b567f008e1e8b1869dd0bf78a57_w200.gi

• Like 1

I was thinking of the one in the original where Elaine or the other skybroad says something troubling over the P.A. and they all start fighting in the aisles.  

20 hours ago, Crapinon said:

Well I grew up watching Disney nature shows and  Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins. I consider myself a wildlife expert and  I would be sadly remiss if I allowed actual facts and a police report to interfere with my preconceived notions.

Marty Stouffer and “Wild America” for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

So who were would-be flyers fighting? Each other for the 3 open seats?

I think that's how all stand-by's should work.

Steel cage match for the last open seats.  They can be held at the nearest terminal restaurant and can be wagered on.

• Haha 1