Post a Texas Football photo that isn't as well known as it should be

Goo Punch

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

23438f61484606814015aae5822811f5.jpg

This win was so hilarious. A talented, but woefully coached Texas team walks into Lincoln and just dominates the heavily favored Huskers, only to go on to be terrible again from there on out. Still, this is a great photo, and indicative of the pure dominance we've had over NU the last couple of decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How we won that game is a mystery. Well that and the 6 dropped td passes from neb 

There is probably a better photo than this out there, but the culmination of JC's 80-yard TD run against OU in 05. My 2000-2004 PTSD was strong and I had doubts about this game until this play...even though it was early, it was over after this:

br/><span class='hl2'> When Texas has the ball</span> - Article Photos

And let's stay on theme and take a moment to acknowledge JC's 2nd-half annihilation of Nebraska in 2007:

Daily Sports - The Austin Chronicle

And then he did the same damn thing to OK ST a couple weeks later:

Vote for Texas' 'Game Changing Performance' vs. Oklahoma State ...

Loved watching that dude run. 

• Like 9

1941, Texas vs. Texas A&M - Texas end Wally Scott blocks the punt of A&M's Derace Moser during third-quarter action at Kyle Field. The Longhorns would go on to upset the second-ranked Aggies 23-0.

spacer.png

1946, Dana X. Bible - Texas head coach Dana X. Bible squats on the sidelines as the Longhorns roll to a 24-7 victory over Texas A&M on Thanksgiving Day, 1946. It would be the final game of Bible's coaching career.

spacer.png

1948 Sugar Bowl - Texas' Bobby Layne (22) shakes hands with Alabama's Harry Gilmer (52) before kickoff in Tulane Stadium. Layne would receive the Sugar Bowl's very first MVP award after the Longhorns' 27-7 victory, and was reportedly seen drinking hurricanes out of the trophy in the French Quarter that night.

spacer.png

1968, Texas vs. Texas A&M - Texas fullback Steve Worster takes a handoff during the annual rivalry game against Texas A&M. The Longhorns would roll to a 35-14 victory.

spacer.png

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1968-Texas vs. Texas A&M - Texas fullback Steve Worster takes a handoff during the annual rivalry game against Texas A&M. The Longhorns would roll to a 35-14 victory.

spacer.png

The game that answered the burning strategic question of that time- do you receive or defer to start the game?

Answer, it don't make a shit.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 11:24 PM, futureman said:

dycaasrosea24jpgcopy-1360x765.jpg

I mean, this one was the background on my laptop for the life of that laptop. I feel like this is maybe the most iconic photo in Texas football history, in part because his jersey isn’t that dirty at all for the amount of work he put in.

• Like 1

An aerial view of the game winning touchdown reception  at Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin when the Texas Longhorns played the Texas A&M Aggies on November 27, 1924, the day the  student body dedicated the stadium in honor of the 198,520 Texans – 5,280 of whom lost their lives – who fought in World War I. Texas won 7-0.

i-DzJ933x.jpg

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 3

On 5/25/2020 at 9:44 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

There is probably a better photo than this out there, but the culmination of JC's 80-yard TD run against OU in 05. My 2000-2004 PTSD was strong and I had doubts about this game until this play...even though it was early, it was over after this:

br/><span class='hl2'> When Texas has the ball</span> - Article Photos

And let's stay on theme and take a moment to acknowledge JC's 2nd-half annihilation of Nebraska in 2007:

Daily Sports - The Austin Chronicle

And then he did the same damn thing to OK ST a couple weeks later:

Vote for Texas' 'Game Changing Performance' vs. Oklahoma State ...

Loved watching that dude run. 

All my memories of those teams are bound up with the hip-hop I was listening to at the time...This was the Port Arthur anthem. 

• Like 1

On a more serious note, though:
59cd096b70b97.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C817

Can we all take a minute and appreciate that there is a pickup truck on the sidelines? ... with a picnic table on the back... with a TV camera on the table. Times have changed a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1