Cowherd on the difference between Texas and ou

closetohumping

I disagree with Cowherd.

We are not a fine football program. Fine football programs don't perform the way we have for the last half century. In that time, we won our one title on the back of the best college football player in the history of the game. Vince won in spite of our coaches, not because of them. I doubt we'll find someone who can overcome Herman's shortcoming, or those of the next hire.

AD after AD, university president after university president, we make football coaching hires like we are a middle of the road university with mid-range sports revenues. 

As long as a&m doesn't win a title in my lifetime, I'm fine. I'm fine with the occasional victory over OU. I have normalized my expectations. You should all do the same. 

• Like 2

Cowherd once admitted on air - probably when Baker Mayfield was destroying him (the only time I've ever rooted for Baker in my life) - that it's not his job to be right or accurate, but to be entertaining. So anything that fuckstick has to say I couldn't care less. I assume everything he says will be for effect. 

But he does have a hot daughter. So he's not completely useless. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Cowherd once admitted on air - probably when Baker Mayfield was destroying him (the only time I've ever rooted for Baker in my life) - that it's not his job to be right or accurate, but to be entertaining. So anything that fuckstick has to say I couldn't care less. I assume everything he says will be for effect. 

so not in the past 3 years...

Cowherd is a front runner who claims clairvoyance after the fact.

He's an entertaining listen, but not for anything serious.

He literally does a segment called “where Colin was wrong”. For example, if he was you, your post would be mentioned in that segment.

Ah fuck. I forgot Slorch changed his user name. Disregard. Pointing out when Slorch posts something stupid is a full time job and I don’t have the energy for it.

11 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

He literally does a segment called “where Colin was wrong”. For example, if he was you, your post would be mentioned in that segment.

Ah fuck. I forgot Slorch changed his user name. Disregard. Pointing out when Slorch posts something stupid is a full time job and I don’t have the energy for it.

Indeed, but he LOVE, LOVE, LOVES to play up the "I tole you so"  after the fact; when he did not really relay anything substantial before it occurred.

Why don't you tell us NOW, Colin????

Fuck off on the personal shots.

Edited by Iceman

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

UT is like Michigan and OU is like tOSU? Well I never. 

The difference is I really like almost every Ohio State grad I've met, most Michigan fans I met were big douchebags, and I've never met an OU grad in my life.

You kidding?  Most tosu "grads" are likes-to-fight-guy mouth breathers.  Michigan fans are ok.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

My first game as a student was ND ‘96.  Great seats to watch our last second loss with a porous run D headed by Bobby Jack-Wright as I recall. 

My college girlfriends first game was the next year and also happened to be our first date. We got 50yrd line 8 row back tickets in the student draw- right behind the opposing bench. I still remember getting our free hotdogs from St. Austin Catholic, chatting about Jesus for a second and cracking a few jokes about UCLA was going to need his mercy. 

The game turned out to be a metaphor for the 2Yr relationship that grew from that date. 

I was also at these games. I took it as a sign that God hates me but hey you were there too 

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The difference is I really like almost every Ohio State grad I've met, most Michigan fans I met were big douchebags, and I've never met an OU grad in my life.

I’ve understood since I was a kid that OU and Ohio State were two-ply diploma factories whereas we and Michigan had at least a little pride and I’m probably a fuck ton older than you 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I’ve understood since I was a kid that OU and Ohio State were two-ply diploma factories whereas we and Michigan had at least a little pride and I’m probably a fuck ton older than you 

Ohio State has improved a lot academically in the past three decades or so. Out of the four schools talked about, only OU is a bad school. There’s a reason why someone like texifornia, who presumably knows people in all types of careers in NYC, has never even met one of their graduates.

• Like 2

Indeed, but he LOVE, LOVE, LOVES to play up the "I tole you so"  after the fact; when he did not really relay anything substantial before it occurred.
Why don't you tell us NOW, Colin????

Fuck off on the personal shots.

You first. Or just fuck off

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I met one once, in Mitte, Berlin Germany at a bar. Guy walked up to me and started talking shit about the LHN because I was wearing a hat with the longhorn logo on it. We had some drinks. He turned out to be alright. 

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Ohio State has improved a lot academically in the past three decades or so. Out of the four schools talked about, only OU is a bad school. There’s a reason why someone like texifornia, who presumably knows people in all types of careers in NYC, has never even met one of their graduates.

Most recent ou grad I met sanitized the chair I was using at the yellow rose 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Iceman said:

I'll always enjoying thinking back when he was talking about aggy thinking they are A' list actors when in reality they were B' listers like Brendan Frasier.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

3 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I was also at these games. I took it as a sign that God hates me but hey you were there too 

At ND I was in the 2nd row and the guy on the field with the TV camera carrying the live feed to the Jumbotron was walking along right in front of us. He went down our row with everyone cheering and when he got in front of me I leaned over the rail and stuck my face 6” from the camera and yelled giving the horns. 

I don’t know what it looked like on the Jumbotron but I heard 80,000 people lightly groan in disappointment. 

true story

OU is an inbred wasteland of stupidity masquerading as a school to play football. The entire shit stain of a state is temporarily propped up by the oil and gas industry but eventually will return to meth induced sister fucking and exploiting native Americans 
Return? Your use of that word implies there was or is a stoppage..

Guess i was drunk when that happened.
  • Like 1

I think OU has a bias for players/recruits that have a serious chip on their shoulder for Texas.  For OU, beat Texas and everything else in the B12 will likely take care of itself.  This is why they get skullf**ked at the next level.

• Like 1

I imagine cowherd has a purpose built enclosure specifically  designed to capture, amplify, and fully immerse himself in the smell of his own farts. Like a cryogenic chamber, but for farts. What an insufferable choad. 

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

You can talk all the shit you want, the OU t shirt fans are pretty bad, no doubt.  Most of us grads are somewhat normal.  And I don't give a shit what you say, I'll bet you that the only group of actual graduate fans of any school we all deal with that come off like complete weirdos are aggy.  I've randomly run into them more than a few times and for some fucked up reason they're ALWAYS weird.  Like we should both jizz in a jar because we hate tu or whatever they call you fuckers.  I really don't know how they're all consistently weird af but they are.  In fact, now that I think about it, their tshirt fans may actually be more normal than their grads...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You can talk all the shit you want, the OU t shirt fans are pretty bad, no doubt.  Most of us grads are somewhat normal.  And I don't give a shit what you say, I'll bet you that the only group of actual graduate fans of any school we all deal with that come off like complete weirdos are aggy.  I've randomly run into them more than a few times and for some fucked up reason they're ALWAYS weird.  Like we should both jizz in a jar because we hate tu or whatever they call you fuckers.  I really don't know how they're all consistently weird af but they are.  In fact, now that I think about it, their tshirt fans may actually be more normal than their grads...

Don't you remember the t-shirt aggy from TOS that tore down his own fence because of the neighbor's porch light? They are fucked up too...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JMFP said:

Don't you remember the t-shirt aggy from TOS that tore down his own fence because of the neighbor's porch light? They are fucked up too...

If it were an aggy grad he'd have topped it off by masterbating on the neighbor's porch. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

EDIT: Misread that, carry on. Enough people I know like UM grads to think that NYC gets their more obnoxious alums but I'm sure there's plenty of nicer ones.

Edited by texifornia

On 5/25/2020 at 2:09 PM, TexasMan said:

Colins been right about baker

On 5/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, TexasMan said:

https://www.instagram.com/liv_cowherd/

Never hung out with osu fans, but at the rose bowl I hung out and drank with michigan fans. Great people. At the game another great group of Michigan fans near me.

No other program has fallen off as much as UT has over the last decade considering how recruiting classes are ranked. Sure Michigan, USC and Florida State would be similar to a certain extent. 247 sports did a great piece on this a few weeks ago. It was a depressing but not surprising read. I did a ton of research after that. Comparing the recruiting classes over the last decade and with pre-season rankings, the NFL draft etc... and no one wants to read that shit. The bottom line is UT fell into an abyss that virtually not one major university has.

top ten recruiting classes since 2010 (sporting news):  10. Auburn,  9. Michigan, 8. Florida, 7. University of Texas,  6. LSU, 5. USC, 4. Georgia, 3. Florida State, 2. Ohio State, and 1. Alabama. According to most sports sites we have the 9th ranked class for this year. 

pre-season rankings: UT is 14 by most sites. 

sorry will stop with my research stuff. But nowhere in there is Oklahoma. In the last decade by all factors that sites compile that data: wins, conference championships, national championships, NFL draft, 4-5 star recruits etc. we best most schools with better athletes and yet routinely get beat on the field. We are always in the top ten of any category except NFL draft picks and conference wins.

coaching is obviously a factor as is the mindset of a certain portion of BMDs and fans. JMO. 

I will STFU. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:24 PM, Iceman said:

I kinda agree with that.

But,  who is really good at sports talk radio?