Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You sound like someone who doesn't back the blue.  I stand with the flag, and our brave men in uniform, the police and soldiers, who do a thankless job!  

BACK THE BLUE**

*except if I want to cough on them and fling spittle at them while protesting fascist stay at home orders, fucking pigs 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How many people really feel secure when they see the cops? Very little. We have been programmed over time (mainly because of them) to fear the cops. It's a us against them mentality.

Um, no. Most people feel secure when they see cops, because the majority in this country is white, and they rarely experience law enforcement in a violent fashion. That is reserved for blacks (all blacks) and poor drugged out whites (some of them, sometimes). If "very few" people in this country were comfortable with cops things would change. The problem is that most people don't see it that way and "back the blue." Always. Some might even be outraged by this incident because its very blatantly disturbing and on tape, but most of them even will refer to "a few bad apples" while failing to acknowledge the institutional "us vs them" mentality and militarization that has overtaken regular police departments. That is why this keeps happening and nothing ever changes. If anything, it keeps getting worse with the free war toys being thrown at them from our bloated military budget.

• Like 1

I think if this horrific shit was happening on the regular to poor whites/drugged out whites you would see some serious militia stuff happening. JMO. If cops started blowing away meth heads during AW executions and at traffic stops or just while they are tweaking outside a Walmart or CVS you might start seeing a different reaction. 

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Um, no. Most people feel secure when they see cops, because the majority in this country is white, and they rarely experience law enforcement in a violent fashion. That is reserved for blacks (all blacks) and poor drugged out whites (some of them, sometimes). If "very few" people in this country were comfortable with cops things would change. The problem is that most people don't see it that way and "back the blue." Always. Some might even be outraged by this incident because its very blatantly disturbing and on tape, but most of them even will refer to "a few bad apples" while failing to acknowledge the institutional "us vs them" mentality and militarization that has overtaken regular police departments. That is why this keeps happening and nothing ever changes. If anything, it keeps getting worse with the free war toys being thrown at them from our bloated military budget.

There are plenty of White people like me on the right that think cops are largely worthless and a bigger threat than potential help.  Most cops with their crew cuts are wannabe soldiers who demand compliance from taxpayers they encounter.  

It isn’t just race.  They also brutalize and shoot far more men than women. 

• Like 1

Just learned a few details I hadn't known:

This all happened a block away from where I used to live. It's a rough intersection but the neighborhood is mostly working class and urban millennials.

Also, they guy worked security for a small Latin (congo) club just north of downtown. He most certainly worked the door with Minneapolis PD all the time.

Lastly, dude was reportedly a big, tall guy. There's no doubt he was intimidating as hell to those cops.

52 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think if this horrific shit was happening on the regular to poor whites/drugged out whites you would see some serious militia stuff happening.

But you don't, and you won't.  An unarmed black man has to be cuffed and choked to death.

An armed white man....

5969fca5-0205-428e-9821-78e50dc1f654-GTY

It's so absurd nowadays.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I get so sick of the “it’s just one bad apple” bullshittery.

Because they forget the rest of the saying - “One bad apple SPOILS THE WHOLE BUNCH”.

The one bad apple would fly if the other officers actually did shit about the corrupt cops. But not only do they not, they protect them. This enables their behavior and they are just as bad. The whole Back The Blue mantra is take up for cops no matter what and if you don't, then you are pretty much a terrorist. And this is how the police view themselves. That if you are scum if you don't bow down to their presence. And question their authority. I find it funny they love to try and claim there is a war on cops. Lmao. Except if you actually pull the numbers, cops injure/kill exponentially more than citizens do to them. Like it is not in the same universe. I have quite a few friends that are cops. One in particular on social media, never ever once speaks on this shit today and all the other murders they do. But the rare time a cop gets killed in the line of duty, he pushes that shit hard and tells anyone to delete him if they have anything snarky to say. Cops are corrupt as a whole.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

HOLY

SHIT

how many dead SUC members we up to now? Like 10?

Shiiiit way more than that. If you count them all. SUC was way more than just the rappers at the forefront. They have been dying since Screw tapes were getting huge in 1995. 

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the bullshit press release the police union publishes in the wake of those four cops being fired. Certainly, the presser will lean heavily upon phrases such as "video doesn't show everything," "rushing to judgment," "deserving of due process," "heroes trying to get home to their families," and "media sensationalism," etc.

So fucking tired of this. Wanna know why that pig did what he did? Because he thought he could get away with it. Those are the kind of personalities we're dealing with here. They are drawn to the job like pederasts to the pulpit. 

Our police forces need a house cleaning.

The good cops need to step up to the plate and begin policing their own, they know who the bad apples are. What you can't see in the original viral video is not one, but two other police officers on the side of the vehicle holding the handcuffed man down. Why the fuck does the visible cop have his knee on the man's neck? He's already cuffed and two additional officers are restraining the man. Firing those four officers isn't justice, sadly enough they'll walk after a court trial because they'll claim the man resisted arrest and they had to utilize force it happens time and time again and that's why these crooked cops continue to perpetrate these acts.

Of course destroying shit is never the answer but I am not mad at citizens being sick of this shit. This one will hit more because we watched the cop kill him while citizens were telling them to stop and check on him. Cop said fuck you and murdered him in front of everyone. I refuse to believe this is the first time this asshole acted this way. 

• Like 6

Of course destroying shit is never the answer but I am not mad at citizens being sick of this shit. This one will hit more because we watched the cop kill him while citizens were telling them to stop and check on him. Cop said fuck you and murdered him in front of everyone. I refuse to believe this is the first time this asshole acted this way. 

I can’t say that what the protesters are doing is right, or productive.

But damned if I don’t understand it. You can only push people so fucking far, and then they push the hell back. And you are foolish if you expect that pushback to be orderly.

As I’ve noted around here, if you repeatedly tell the people (by your repeated example) that there is no rule of the law, it’s rule of the fist/gun....they’ll eventually take you at your word.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chad said:

The good cops need to step up to the plate and begin policing their own, they know who the bad apples are. What you can't see in the original viral video is not one, but two other police officers on the side of the vehicle holding the handcuffed man down. Why the fuck does the visible cop have his knee on the man's neck? He's already cuffed and two additional officers are restraining the man. Firing those four officers isn't justice, sadly enough they'll walk after a court trial because they'll claim the man resisted arrest and they had to utilize force it happens time and time again and that's why these crooked cops continue to perpetrate these acts.

As long has the FOP and police unions are around none of that is going to happen...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Its not.  He's been a part of a couple shootings.  

https://www.startribune.com/what-we-know-about-derek-chauvin-and-tou-thao-two-of-the-officers-caught-on-tape-in-the-death-of-george-floyd/570777632/

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I can’t say that what the protesters are doing is right, or productive.

But damned if I don’t understand it. You can only push people so fucking far, and then they push the hell back. And you are foolish if you expect that pushback to be orderly.

As I’ve noted around here, if you repeatedly tell the people (by your repeated example) that there is no rule of the law, it’s rule of the fist/gun....they’ll eventually take you at your word.

Yep. And flashbombing them isn't exactly helping. The civil suit is already going to be in the millions. Some squad car vandalization isn't much in the long run. They're just proving the point, that they no longer protect and serve, but are a domestic military force to be used against our own citizens. 

Between 1997 to 2014, the Department of Defense transferred $4.3 billion in military equipment to local law agencies.

I don’t pretend that cops in the good ole days were all perfect. There were always racist assholes and corrupt pieces of shit. But the roided up military pretenders should scare everybody. These guys do not see their job as to protect and serve. They are there to intimidate.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Their police is particularly fuckin scummy. Weird because the people there are nicer than in most places.

Are they, though?  You know the saying Minnesota nice?  It's actually an insult- it's a kind of fake nice.  Old joke up here that a Minnesotan will give you directions to anywhere other than his house.

As far as race relations, ask any Iowa State fan why their stadium is named after jack trice.  Granted it was a long time ago, but you're kidding yourself if you think that shit was confined to the south.

Just now, Not a cat said:

Are they, though?  You know the saying Minnesota nice?  It's actually an insult- it's a kind of fake nice.  Old joke up here that a Minnesotan will give you directions to anywhere other than his house.

As far as race relations, ask any Iowa State fan why their stadium is named after jack trice.  Granted it was a long time ago, but you're kidding yourself if you think that shit was confined to the south.

Fair point. I used to think their friendliness was creepy as shit, but I figured it was just east coast hospitality turning me into a cynic.

11 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Honest question: is putting your knee into a suspects neck standard police protocol? Something similar happened in Dallas a few years back and the cops were doing the same thing except laughing that he "fell asleep". All the non-lethal tools in the world and they thought strangling him was the way to go. 

I had this happen about 15 years ago.  I'm lucky I wasn't shot.  There was a crowd of about 60 people...concert venue crowd control is how it started.  After about 10 seconds of my buddy saying 'he's not resisting' and him not stopping...while continuing to yell 'stop resisting' - I resisted.  His partner just watched and didn't do shit.  Anyways, I grabbed his other leg which was right next to my free arm and face and had a solid hold...after him not letting go for about 5 more seconds - this all came out later in court - it felt like he had his knee on my neck for an eternity - I wrenched it as hard as I could and felt a solid pop.  I'm lucky as hell I wasn't shot.  He rolled over screaming and his partner cuffed me and tossed me in the cop car.  Asshole had a compound fracture that ended up getting infected and he filed for permanent disability.  I posted the whole thing back on surly but if I was just a couple shades darker, I'd 100% be a dead man.  I got off on all charges then he sued me civilly because he's a pussy.  

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Spent 3 months up there last year for work and in Minneapolis they were always nice. We had an office in Blaine and that was a different vibe. The northern burbs are not Minnesota nice at all. 

Coon Rapids not your vibe, huh?

Perhaps I overstated it a bit.  I'm not saying they're awful people, just that they're not exactly warm or even genuine.  You never really know what's going on with them as they won't be very direct with you.  

• Like 1

Are we seeing reports that they're destroying "their neighborhood"? I know that's a common trope and people get their panties in a bunch because a CVS got its windows smashed, but as of now it actually looks focused. And fuck them. They're going to pay millions in the civil suit anyway, tack on some more to pay for the damaged cars. I don't feel bad one bit for those protestors smashing windows of cop cars. You make noise and get the mayor to put on some fucking pressure. 

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I had this happen about 15 years ago.  I'm lucky I wasn't shot.  There was a crowd of about 60 people...concert venue crowd control is how it started.  After about 10 seconds of my buddy saying 'he's not resisting' and him not stopping...while continuing to yell 'stop resisting' - I resisted.  His partner just watched and didn't do shit.  Anyways, I grabbed his other leg which was right next to my free arm and face and had a solid hold...after him not letting go for about 5 more seconds - this all came out later in court - it felt like he had his knee on my neck for an eternity - I wrenched it as hard as I could and felt a solid pop.  I'm lucky as hell I wasn't shot.  He rolled over screaming and his partner cuffed me and tossed me in the cop car.  Asshole had a compound fracture that ended up getting infected and he filed for permanent disability.  I posted the whole thing back on surly but if I was just a couple shades darker, I'd 100% be a dead man.  I got off on all charges then he sued me civilly because he's a pussy.  

I'm now convinced ChiTown is a Dos Equis spokesman.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

chicago P.D.?