Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

What's sad is a ton of people don't make it through the academy, because they are seriously that fucking stupid, or are that fucking unstable mentally that even the cops turn them away. Those that make it are seriously kings among mental midgets.

Friend from college tried to join a police force and he tested too high and wasn’t accepted.  He was basically told it was expensive to send people through training and if they are too smart they get bored and quit so it’s a waste of money.   His dumbass aggy dropout friend made it....

3 guys I grew up with had pretty well placed dads, a police lieutenant, a captain and a judge.  It’s embarrassing how much shit we got away with.  

56 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Keeping in mind the source, Daily Mail Has some pretty incredible pics of the riots. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8363407/Protesters-descend-streets-Minneapolis-second-night-death-George-Floyd.html

I draw the line at looting. I fully understand the outrage and the riots. I get it. Looting helps absolutely nothing. Jmo. I also recognize that this tends to happen during riots and involves a much smaller percentage of people than those who are protesting and “rioting.” It hurts the goal of those rightfully upset and demanding the perps (cops) be arrested and face justice. 

To be honest, the authorities/state/city government could have bypassed this shit by simply making an arrest. Enough time has elapsed since the incident that all witnesses/any other videos/etc...should have been done. The video speaks for itself. I do get you want to file the right charges etc so they stick but really what is the hold up on the arrests? 

Yeah, looting is shit. 

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Didn't Austin have a cop walk for shooting a black man in the back of the head for trying to pass a forged check at a bank?

the cop chased the man on foot and the gun "accidentally discharged" as they were struggling. 

Guest Lobo
15 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Your opinions on this looting aside.  You gotta give it up for Target interior architects.  Even during a riot, people still adhere to the usual foot pattern/flow of the store.  

31 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Poor? I live in a suburb that's 90% white and has good schools. The cops are always out in body armor and ready to throw down. They don't give a shit how much money anyone's making, they just want to be large and in charge.

I was at an HEB near Spring Branch today - a cop in the parking lot was head to toe all black tacticool with a helmet and kneepads and the whole nine yards. They're just big boys excited to break out their big toys.

And then use them on the bad guys, whoever they are.

4 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Hot take from one of the Walton And Johnson crew from earlier:

Lmao all the replies on that tweet are your typical culture warriors. It's funny how we're still dealing with the same shit more than 50 years after our first steps off the planet when people were clutching their pearls about the passage of the civil rights act

32 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Friend from college tried to join a police force and he tested too high and wasn’t accepted.  He was basically told it was expensive to send people through training and if they are too smart they get bored and quit so it’s a waste of money.   His dumbass aggy dropout friend made it....

3 guys I grew up with had pretty well placed dads, a police lieutenant, a captain and a judge.  It’s embarrassing how much shit we got away with.  

My stepmom has been a sheriffs deputy for 18 years. Her name ex husband died in a car crash becuase a police cruiser  maulfuntion for brakes. Her 2 sons can't count to 10 and both have worked for the sheriff's department. 1 is in TDC now and the other has 2 felonies. They have been untouchable since I have k own them. They used to do a ton of shit that I know friends would have gotten fucked over for with probation or some shit and they always drove them home to her to deal with. They weren't good enough for the military (shocker) as I was a huge shit bag and served though. These are your fucking heroes 

Edited by Zepol87

I don’t care for the looting - that target and autozone represent a lot of people’s jobs.

But again...pearl clutching over the looting sure gets fucking old.

The forces of law and order purposefully and intentionally created a world where laws do not apply. They still haven’t realized that the approach of “oh, we just meant that the laws don’t apply to US. They still apply to you peasants” doesn’t fucking work. Tell people that the laws dont apply, then you’ve created a new order - rule of the fist/gun, instead of the rule of law.

If the cops and people of Minneapolis want this to stop, it’s very easy to do. Make the laws apply to everyone. Including the cops. That’s it. That’s all that has to be done.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Well except for the fact that with one you have a dead person and with the other Target is out some comforter sets.  Other than that they're 100% the same. 

And except for the fact that my post neither stated nor implied that the crimes were "100% the same," this was a great response and not at all a straw man argument against something you wish had been written instead of what was actually written.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Well except for the fact that with one you have a dead person and with the other Target is out some comforter sets.  Other than that they're 100% the same. 

We are all outraged about the conduct of this officer. I just don't think that arson, vandalism and theft are a proper response.  The looters glee tells me they give two shits about the dead man and they are exploiting a tragedy.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don’t care for the looting - that target and autozone represent a lot of people’s jobs.

But again...pearl clutching over the looting sure gets fucking old.

The forces of law and order purposefully and intentionally created a world where laws do not apply. They still haven’t realized that the approach of “oh, we just meant that the laws don’t apply to US. They still apply to you peasants” doesn’t fucking work. Tell people that the laws dont apply, then you’ve created a new order - rule of the fist/gun, instead of the rule of law.

If the cops and people of Minneapolis want this to stop, it’s very easy to do. Make the laws apply to everyone. Including the cops. That’s it. That’s all that has to be done.

Its not pearl clutching to condemn the destruction of businesses that had nothing to do with the tragedy.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

And except for the fact that my post neither stated nor implied that the crimes were "100% the same," this was a great response and not at all a straw man argument against something you wish had been written instead of what was actually written.

OK, since you want to be a nit let's use your exact words:  

"People using this incident as an excuse to steal and vandalize":  Target loses some shit.

"cops using 'resistance' as an excuse to murder":  Somebody is dead.  

I think one of those things is clearly not as bad as the other one.  

• Like 3

Just now, SDG said:

Both can be true.

There's a patient bleeding out from a gunshot wound in the room and the drapes don't match the sheets. That's about the level of disparity of what matters in this moment.

What is it with the compulsion for white people online to tell everyone how stealing hurts their feelings? No one cares and it doesn't mean anything.

And if your point is, "Oh it hurts their case" who is "they"?

1 minute ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Its not pearl clutching to condemn the destruction of businesses that had nothing to do with the tragedy.  

Go start a property crime thread.

If you actually gave a shit you would call for government bailout of all small businesses impacted by government-induced rioting. But all it ever is used for is scolding the poor/black communities.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Small caveat: Target, Wendy’s, Autozone and any other business being looted did not murder George Floyd. 

im not a pearl clutcher and don’t care to be stereotyped or have my beliefs questioned.  Just like many of you I would expect. I believe this was murder. I hope charges will be forth coming.

I also believe looting is wrong. It solves nothing. Riots and protests I understand. Looting banks and AtMs I do not. Burning down businesses I do not. But looting and riots go hand and hand. Riots start because of a grave injustice. We have that here. Arrests still have not happened. And should have by now. Hopefully they are forth coming. 

im sure the looters would be fine with me looting their businesses or those of their family and friends because I am outraged that so many females are murdered by males every year that they have restraining orders against and those same women get no real help, if any, from authorities. If I thought that would bring about change I’d head to South Congress and hit as many businesses as I could. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There's a patient bleeding out from a gunshot wound in the room and the drapes don't match the sheets. That's about the level of disparity of what matters in this moment.

What is it with the compulsion for white people online to tell everyone how stealing hurts their feelings? No one cares and it doesn't mean anything.

If you actually gave a shit you would call for government bailout of all small businesses impacted by government-induced rioting. But all it ever is used for is scolding the poor/black communities.

"They" is me any anyone else who's been pushing for police reform for a  long time.  I'm all for protesting and have taken part in many of them; looting a target because you want a new flat screen doesn't help anyone.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

If your neighbor was the victim of a terrible injustice, would you understand if he responded by burning your house down?

• Like 5

Cause everybody in the hood has had it up to here
It's getting harder and harder and harder each and every year
Some kids went in a store with their mother
I saw her when she came out she was gettin some pampers
They said it was for the black man,
They said it was for the mexican
And not for the white man
But if you look at the streets
It wasn't about Rodney King
It's bout this fucked up situation and these fucked up police
It's about coming up
And staying on top
And screamin' 187 on a mother fuckin' cop
It's not written on the paper it's on the wall
National guard!
Smoke from all around!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

People using this incident as an excuse to steal and vandalize is no better than cops using "resistance" as an excuse to murder.

So, no. Rioters stealing shit as a reaction to an extrajudicial killing are in fact better than cops who kill a fully subdued, unarmed man and then call it resistance. Murder is inherently worse than vandalism and theft. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Exactly.

Oh, they're suffering so much from this tragedy that it's understandable that they need a new 65" Samsung for free.  We all know that whenever you feel aggrieved you get to do whatever you want for 72 hours.  Get the fuck out of here with that enabling bullshit.  There are thousands of people acting like savages and it's indefensible.  And before someone calls me a racist: there are white people there looting, too.  They're all just a bunch of freeloaders taking advantage of an opportunity.  They don't give a damn about the man's memory; they saw an opportunity to steal with zero chance of getting caught, and they took it, because they're criminals.  Stop defending them.

The real shame of it is that somewhere in those crowds right now are some people saying inspiring and thought-provoking things.  But they're not being heard.  Because these criminals have stolen the spotlight and made themselves the story.

They have moved on the the ATMs. We know how culpable the ATM machines were in this tragedy.  Freeloading sacks of shit exploit tragedy and that exactly describes the majority of the looters.  They aren't angry.  They are enjoying it.  There is a distinct difference between the people there to effectuate change and the people there that are sacks of shit.

Edited by Cousin Strawberry
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Small caveat: Target, Wendy’s, Autozone and any other business being looted did not murder George Floyd. 

im not a pearl clutcher and don’t care to be stereotyped or have my beliefs questioned.  Just like many of you I would expect. I believe this was murder. I hope charges will be forth coming.

I also believe looting is wrong. It solves nothing. Riots and protests I understand. Looting banks and AtMs I do not. Burning down businesses I do not. But looting and riots go hand and hand. Riots start because of a grave injustice. We have that here. Arrests still have not happened. And should have by now. Hopefully they are forth coming. 

im sure the looters would be fine with me looting their businesses or those of their family and friends because I am outraged that so many females are murdered by males every year that they have restraining orders against and those same women get no real help, if any, from authorities. If I thought that would bring about change I’d head to South Congress and hit as many businesses as I could. 

I would let you clutch my pearls 

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Some of the giddy kkk members in the comments section crack me up. "Sees guys? There's a black person in the video committing a crime! All black people are evil. Qed"

How do these people gain access to the internet?

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

OK, since you want to be a nit let's use your exact words:  

"People using this incident as an excuse to steal and vandalize":  Target loses some shit.

"cops using 'resistance' as an excuse to murder":  Somebody is dead.  

I think one of those things is clearly not as bad as the other one.  

You are misinterpreting my comments, presumably because I don't rejoice in seeing rampant theft and destruction of property that's only connection to the original tragedy is a shared ZIP code.

Nothing in my post equated the crimes. I equated the rationale behind them, as in, "I don't like what somebody said or did, so I'm going to use that as an excuse to do something heinous because I believe I can get away with it."

My thoughts on the murder that incited this riot are clearly (to most, maybe not so much for you) expressed elsewhere in this thread, and I've never been hesitant to share my disdain for the bias and corruption that is prevalent in law enforcement and our criminal justice system as a whole.

Target is a national chain and can recover from its losses. Mr. Floyd cannot; he is gone forever.

• Like 1

Some of the giddy kkk members in the comments section crack me up. "Sees guys? There's a black person in the video committing a crime! All black people are evil. Qed"
How do these people gain access to the internet?

On the job. At the police station.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1