Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you know i think this situation happened? because someone was there filming and there was a small crowd telling the cop to ease up. he didn't, because fuck you, that's why, citizen, you don't tell me what to do, i tell you what to do, i am the leo here. that's why this picture:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu92SebGkkFp7CcQHBtOl

is the one the news has run with. he's not focused on any sort of restraint in this picture. he's demonstrating who is boss, and it definitely isn't you with the camera phone, citizen. the other cop is squared up to the gathered witnesses as another deterrent, and also has his back to the murder cop, so he's got plausible deniability. 

he killed this guy to show the citizens who is really in charge. 

Two surgeons I work with today said the EXACT same thing.

without an audience yelling at him, that cop prolly lets up. Its totally a “fuck u, im in charge” thing

100%

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Hell, I suspect most of us have a memory of a buddy getting into a fight -- at a party, a bar, whatever.  And when your buddy gets enough of an upper hand, and really starts whooping a guy, we step in and say "okay man, that's enough."  Because even if the douche he is beating totally deserved it....we don't want to see anyone seriously hurt.  Because it's just human nature.

Where was the cop watching this, who should have said "okay man, that's enough.   Let up on his neck."   That's it.  That's really all that had to happen, and we never would have heard about this case.  A fellow officer didn't have to go in with a weapon -- he just had to tell his colleague "that's enough, let him up."

But they didn't.  Because cops.

19 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I've had something stuck in my craw for better than a day now as far as a lack of arrests goes.

Considering all the chaos that has ensued over the murder and lack of arrests or other official action, wouldn't the city/county/state, SOMEBODY say "in the interest of keeping the peace let's go ahead and arrest all the cops now".  I don't know all the legalities or red tape involved obviously, but it seems like it would have nipped a lot of things in the bud.  They could then sort out all of the details after the arrests were made and peace restored.

The situation is only going to continue to get worse until arrests are made.

Exactly this. There is plenty of probable cause shown on the video to make an arrest. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Axtell indicated he wanted to make it clear where he stands on the Minneapolis police officer’s conduct, which he said he could not justify and called “deeply disturbing. He added that the rank and file officers he talked to about it felt the same.

pretty rotten luck that they were 0 for 4 on the ones that were there, then.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you know i think this situation happened? because someone was there filming and there was a small crowd telling the cop to ease up. he didn't, because fuck you, that's why, citizen, you don't tell me what to do, i tell you what to do, i am the leo here. that's why this picture:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu92SebGkkFp7CcQHBtOl

is the one the news has run with. he's not focused on any sort of restraint in this picture. he's demonstrating who is boss, and it definitely isn't you with the camera phone, citizen. the other cop is squared up to the gathered witnesses as another deterrent, and also has his back to the murder cop, so he's got plausible deniability. 

he killed this guy to show the citizens who is really in charge. 

i said this yesterday to my wife.

7 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Word. I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on, it is that police deserve more money because of this.

Leave out the rest of my post to make your cute and obvious joke (pretty much the same joke I made at the bottom of that very same post). Cool.

Yes, pay them more AND require much more education, training and more strict acceptance criteria. You can't just shitcan (or incarcerate) all the fucksticks, and expect their replacements to be any better. They need to find a way to attract better applicants, so they're not forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill out their ranks. Money goes a long way.

Edited by aggie08

15 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Two surgeons I work with today said the EXACT same thing.

without an audience yelling at him, that cop prolly lets up. Its totally a “fuck u, im in charge” thing

100%

Sweet. Bill Barr can now prosecute all the people begging the cop to stop.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo
11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I admit, I'd fuck the hate out of her. 

Tomi?  Why hate fuck her?  She's the one filled with furious vexing.  Let her hate fuck you, then you go home, wash up, have a drink, and just sit and hate her by the fire with a Vonnegut book.  

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

pretty rotten luck that they were 0 for 4 on the ones that were there, then.

So much this.  I don't believe the "rank and file" condemn this in private, at all.  They're nothing more than and legalized, government backed gang.  Hell, I'd feel more comfortable around a group of Banditos than a group of cops. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So much this.  I don't believe the "rank and file" condemn this in private, at all.  They're nothing more than and legalized, government backed gang.  Hell, I'd feel more comfortable around a group of Banditos than a group of cops. 

Unless said Banditos were hanging out at a bar in Waco.

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Thin blue line at work, boys. 

I’d like to think they just need to dot I’s and cross T’s  when dealing with cops who have access to the best defensive representation but the last seven or eight years has turned me into a bit of a pessimist.  

edit to complete my thought; officer involved incidents don’t plea so every error counts and could impact the outcome/conviction.   

Edited by SDG

With the DA being two hours late to their own press conference I surely thought an arrest was ordered.  Nada...

A whole lot of nothing was said in that press con fence. You’re still investigating? Good reason to call a press conference.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Leave out the rest of my post to make your cute and obvious joke (pretty much the same joke I made at the bottom of that very same post). Cool.

Yes, pay them more AND require much more education, training and more strict acceptance criteria. You can't just shitcan (or incarcerate) all the fucksticks, and expect their replacements to be any better. They need to find a way to attract better applicants, so they're not forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill out their ranks. Money goes a long way.

Regular Academy

During academy (approximately 8 months)

$50,000/year rate 

At graduation

$60,453/year

At 1 year anniversary of graduation

$67,839/year

At 2 year anniversary of graduation

$74,876/year

At 6 year anniversary of graduation

$80,115/year

At 10 year anniversary of graduation

$85,724/year

At 14 year anniversary of graduation

$91,726/year

At 16 year anniversary of graduation

$98,147/year

This is for Austin. Remember that they can make plenty of extra money on side jobs too. 

16 years in Austin isd will get you 53,000

3 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Regular Academy

During academy (approximately 8 months)

$50,000/year rate 

At graduation

$60,453/year

At 1 year anniversary of graduation

$67,839/year

At 2 year anniversary of graduation

$74,876/year

At 6 year anniversary of graduation

$80,115/year

At 10 year anniversary of graduation

$85,724/year

At 14 year anniversary of graduation

$91,726/year

At 16 year anniversary of graduation

$98,147/year

This is for Austin. Remember that they can make plenty of extra money on side jobs too. 

16 years in Austin isd will get you 53,000

There are cops in Houston who write lots of tickets.  So they have a lot of court days where they get paid overtime to testify.  So what they do is sign in around 7:30 at courts. Then, while on taxpayer time and half, they go work their side job at H-E-B or elsewhere.  And then the corrupt bailiff calls them in the unlikely event their testimony on one of their bullshit 1,000 tickets they wrote that month calls them to come by and testify. 

I saw that crap every time I worked as a volunteer prosecutor in the muni courts.  95 percent of HPD is as corrupt as shit.  They lie.  They cover.  They take money under the table from attorneys to forget the misdemeanor case they wrote a ticket on.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SDG said:

I’d like to think they just need to dot I’s and cross T’s  when dealing with cops who have access to the best defensive representation but the last seven or eight years has turned me into a bit of a pessimist.  

edit to complete my thought; officer involved incidents don’t plea so every error counts and could impact the outcome/conviction.   

And who pays for that representation? You and me.

3 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Well this is timely:  apparently Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute Chauvin for a previous complaints:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/916926/amy-klobuchar-declined-prosecute-officer-center-george-floyds-death-after-previous-conduct-complaints

Really, we ought to de facto disqualify former prosecutors from holding national office.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Really, we ought to de facto disqualify former prosecutors from holding national office.

There are quite a few good prosecutors around. I’ve seen them.  The ones who care about justice over their conviction rate.  

Prosecutors need justice drilled in their heads.  Not winking at all cost.  Sometimes a loss or no bill is a win. 

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

There’s gonna be an all out war if that prosecutor  doesn’t charge that officer. He’s gonna get people killed.

war on whom?

Virtually everyone is on the side of prosecuting the cops to the fullest extent possible.

Just tearing shit up in your city doesn't make a statement, IMHO.  What becomes the focal point of the (justified) dissension?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Except, apparently....the prosecutor.  Who's kinda an important player in that respect.

agreed.

I was being sincere in asking-  how does the community...hell, nation at this point, make their point in the most actionable place?

people aren't gonna suffer bullshit legalism/ excuses.  Nor should they.

I'll be honest, I had a long ass drive for work today and I pondered, what if that was my son they killed and cop got off on some lunatic decision by a judge?   I'd fucking kill the motherfucker, regardless of the circumstances.   You can't tell me I'm the only one who feels that way.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

agreed.

I was being sincere in asking-  how does the community...hell, nation at this point, make their point in the most actionable place?

people aren't gonna suffer bullshit legalism/ excuses.  Nor should they.

They tried kneeling.  They've tried voting.  They've tried appealing to city government.  They've tried joining local police review boards.  And a zillion other things.

They've run out of things to do EXCEPT "blow shit up."  Seriously, when you repeatedly tell people that all peaceful, lawful means of seeking redress for your legitimate grievances won't even get off the ground.....WTF do you expect them to do?  You're functionally INSTRUCTING them that violence is the only tool they have left.

Rule of law or rule of the gun.  Seems that the choice has been made.  What a stupid fucking choice.  But making that choice means that civilized society has surrendered its right to complain about the violent outcome.  

• Like 4

I guess I lean to the Rule of the Gun.

Motherfucker's gonna go for a Big Gulp some day.... and there I'd be.

I still go back to: as long as the cops' bosses are safe, nothing's going to change.

Edited by Iceman

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

war on whom?

War on cops. You don’t think indiscriminate violence towards retail stores won’t turn against the police in general. I can’t fathom what evidence the DA has that would exonerate the cop that killed Floyd.

13 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

There’s gonna be an all out war if that prosecutor  doesn’t charge that officer. He’s gonna get people killed.

I'm wondering if that's why the national guard or at least the timing of them being called in isn't a little bit suspect.

They know all hell is going to break loose when they decline to arrest them 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

I guess I lean to the Rule of the Gun.

Motherfucker's gonna go for a Big Gulp some day.... and there I'd be.

That's where this is headed.  Seriously, it's just so fucking stupid.  When you leave people no options, when you tell them that nothing they do within the law will do anything.....you are telling them what to do.  Why in the fuck do the powers-that-be insist on telling people "if you want change, you better start taking violent action?"  It's the stupidest goddamned thing, but here we are.

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

War on cops. You don’t think indiscriminate violence towards retail stores won’t turn against the police in general. I can’t fathom what evidence the DA has that would exonerate the cop that killed Floyd.

Perhaps you missed the fact that the murderer is a cop.  I know, a lot of people didn't  catch that the first time they followed this story, it's easy to miss.  It's a real twist, and it totally explains how there's no crime here.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's where this is headed.  Seriously, it's just so fucking stupid.  When you leave people no options, when you tell them that nothing they do within the law will do anything.....you are telling them what to do.  Why in the fuck do the powers-that-be insist on telling people "if you want change, you better start taking violent action?"  It's the stupidest goddamned thing, but here we are.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2