Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Maybe you haven’t drank enough. How many times does this have to happen before people wake up. The police are pigs and do not serve and protect. They are there to oppress and murder. Black folks now, white folks later.

Well that was tongue in cheek. But honestly, you seem to enjoy it too much. 

Well that was tongue in cheek. But honestly, you seem to enjoy it too much. 

Maybe.

But I am guessing I am not enjoying it as much as all the people that have been murdered and lynched by pigs in the US for the past 250 or so years.

Please tell me about the good cops that turn a blind eye to dirty pigs.

Burn it to the ground.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Maybe.

But I am guessing I am not enjoying it as much as all the people that have been murdered and lynched by pigs in the US for the past 250 or so years.

Please tell me about the hood cops that turn a blind eye to dirty pigs.

Burn it to the ground.

I haven’t said a word in defense of cops. 

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Maybe you haven’t drank enough. How many times does this have to happen before people wake up. The police are pigs and do not serve and protect. They are there to oppress and murder. Black folks now, white folks later.

This man knows. People can get beat up in bar fights, or get murdered. Alcohol shipments can be destroyed. Businesses burned down. Businesses getting run through by monster trucks. Cops don't even show up until the boss gets killed in his mansion. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

People can get beat up in bar fights, or get murdered. Alcohol shipments can be destroyed. Businesses burned down. Businesses getting run through by monster trucks. Cops don't even show up until the boss gets killed in his mansion. 

Scarface in 5 sentences?

Nicely done.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Scarface?  Nope.  Lol. Maybe the same rough plotline though. Look at who I quoted. 

My humor has no place in the discussion tonight.   My apologies.  Sincerely.

I'm sitting here asking myself what WE can do as a society to fix this.   It will not happen in one day, but today is the first chance we have to make a difference.  Where does that start?

I don't want a political answer, but rather, how does Joe Citizen make a difference in how we have accountability for LE?

I know there is no easy answer...no tshirt we can all wear or sticker we can put on our car to show our unity.  In my circle of friends, in the past 48 hours, we have been so much on the same page about how this is wrong( the murder)  and we seldom agree about anything.  Talk is talk though.

What's the answer for constructive change?

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Links, please?  Cops train our military?  I missed those days in the service, although that was almost 30 years ago.   Oh that's right, I have family in 2 different branches of the military right now.  Nope.  Never had any civilian cops training them.

WTF?

20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Scarface in 5 sentences?

Nicely done.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ get your shit together, son. 

13 minutes ago, Iceman said:

My humor has no place in the discussion tonight.   My apologies.  Sincerely.

I'm sitting here asking myself what WE can do as a society to fix this.   It will not happen in one day, but today is the first chance we have to make a difference.  Where does that start?

I don't want a political answer, but rather, how does Joe Citizen make a difference in how we have accountability for LE?

I know there is no easy answer...no tshirt we can all wear or sticker we can put on our car to show our unity.  In my circle of friends, in the past 48 hours, we have been so much on the same page about how this is wrong( the murder)  and we seldom agree about anything.  Talk is talk though.

What's the answer for constructive change?

My humor was out of place as well. 

The LE problem has always been fixable, but the answer is always political.  But a few things can solve this. 

First, police are supposed to be part of and from the community they police.  Beat cops should live in the area they patrol.  And they should be out every day talking to law abiding citizens on the street and in businesses.  Everyone should know them and they should know everyone.  Undercovers should be from elsewhere, but they should be there to police the uniformed police as much as the populace.  

Second, police need to be on the hook financially for their actions. Victims sue the city instead.  Cops are entirely untouched financially.  If retirement funds are hit instead, all the good cops will start talking in an instant.

Third, we simply need a better and faster way to fire clearly bad government employees.  Conservatives should love that since we should also use it for bad teachers and bureaucrats as well.

Fourth, the cop allegedly committed murder. Any civilian would be in jail already awaiting charges.  And had he been arrested already, we would have no riots. Yet. 

Also, its Roadhouse.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

Go burn some more precincts down while y'all are at it. Burn it all. We are well past peaceful protests. That does jack shit and the cops don't give a damn about it. I mean they come out and say there isn't enough evidence to charge anyone? Good lord. The thugs (cops) will never be held accountable overall.

• Like 4

I disagree that retirement funds are the right target. That just penalizes us financially, not necessarily the bad cops and their enablers.  All of the money in the world won't bring back the victims.  I want that piece to end( never to have existed.)

I want severe civil penalties for the abusers of their position, and the supervisors who coach/ allow it.

Edited by Iceman

Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today
To get through this thing called life
Electric word life it means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you there's something else (go crazy)
If you don't like, the world you're living in
Take a look around you at least you got friends
Come on lady for friendly word
She picked up the phone, dropped it on the floor
Ah, ah is all I heard
Are we gonna let the elevator
Bring us down, oh, no let's go
Let's go crazy, let's get nuts
Look for the purple banana
'Til they put us in the truck, let's go
All excited but we don't know why
Maybe it's 'cause we're all gonna die
And when we do, what's it all for
Better live now before the grim reaper
Come knocking on your door
Are we gonna let the elevator
Bring us down, oh, no let's go
Let's go crazy, let's get nuts
Look for the purple banana
'Til they put us in the truck, let's go
Come on baby let's get nuts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I disagree that retirement funds are the right target. That just penalizes us financially. All of the money in the world won't bring back the victims.  I want that piece to end( never to have existed.)

I want severe civil penalties for the abusers of their position, and the supervisors who coach/ allow it.

Huh? You do realize that victims already sue and win against cities because of LEO actions, right? That is a direct taxpayer/insurance money payout with no hit at all to police. PD retirement funds are largely funded as part of their compensation package.  

4 hours ago, stone oak said:

And the left is fully advocating for a lying piece of shit fake SJW who barely can remember his name on a good day. After advocating for well, we know how 2016 went. 

It makes me sick what this country and entire world has become. It’s all media driven on both sides. There is no truth or reality, it’s all marketing to the lowest common denominator..

The only truth I know is no matter what color or political leaning...we’re all on a tiny, insignificant spinning rock in a mostly unknown existence of emptiness. That humbles the fuck out of me sometimes. Just tired of the bullshit.

So America's not great again?

Guest Lobo

That was insane to watch.  The reporter and his crew couldn't have more polite and more cooperative.  It was fucking CNN.  It wasn't some rag-tag startup news website that you couldn't fault the police for not knowing, it was CNN.  

A national news crew was hauled off in handcuffs with no charges on live TV.  That happened today.  In America.  In 2020.

I can't wait for the tweet explaining away this affront to the Constitution.  

4 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Huh? You do realize that victims already sue and win against cities because of LEO actions, right? That is a direct taxpayer/insurance money payout with no hit at all to police. PD retirement funds are largely funded as part of their compensation package.  

That's exactly my reasoning.  The individual cop needs to be sanctioned severely, as do his managers. They don't give a fuck if the pension takes a hit.   IT'll still get funded, right?  I mean, that's how it already is and it doesn't work worth a fuck as a penalty for misconduct.

9 minutes ago, Smax said:

Not even worth it

Burn it all down

Keep asking for it and you just may get it. We just got a double down from the White house Twitter account 

the fucking president is rooting for police brutality and extrajudicial killings. 

• Like 4

This morning I was sitting here thinking,  “Gosh I’m glad I’m not in Minny right now.” Then you realize it’s just the most recent place for bad shit. None of the states are immune. It’s just the most recent spot. It’s everywhere and will keep happening unless real justice is delivered apart from other things. Calling out racists etc...is helping but we still have loads more to do to change things. We all need to roll up our sleeves and figure out what we can do to make things better.  

Having said that, Minnesota prosecutors etc...really screwed the pooch here. No doubt it will happen soon enough somewhere else but yesterday they took it upon themselves to give an ill advised presser and turned it up to 11. The case absolutely should be taken away from them. Just like the GBI did with the local prosecutors in Georgia with Arbery’s murder. 

Guest Lobo

I don't think so.  I don't think murdering unarmed people should be a political issue.  But the day is young and twitter's just getting warmed up.