Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

2 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

We're still bashing Kaepernick who lost his job for trying to bring awareness on a national platform to black people constantly being killed by the police and the institutions of power allowing it to happen?

Yes.  If you'd like, the terms to be applied are "mouthy," "uppity," and "ungrateful."  They're right over there, in the bin of racist buzzwords.  Sorry we don't have any of them available new-in-the-box -- they've all been used quite a bit.  We also have available the Lebron package, which includes the term "shut up and dribble" used by leading voices on the side of the governing class.  Again, not new - in well-used condition, though, ready to go.

Edited by Brisketexan

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Lebron does and says more than Kap ever did.  He just does it on his twitter and not at work.  Notice how he still has a job.  So do hundreds if not thousands of other athletes.  Lebron urging people to vote for Obama or support a certain referendum on twitter probably does bother plenty of people.  But there would be a shitstorm equal to or exceeding Kaepernick if he did it on the court.

Try advocating politics in your workplace to your customers.  For most people, it's a non starter.

Lol at thinking LeBron would lose his job for standing up against police violence on the job. NBA and NFL are apples and oranges anyway.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

ryan fucking tannehill and case fucking keenum are still in the league. 

just saying.

The 49ers literally plugged a nobody in at QB this year and could have won the Super Bowl just hoping he didn't fuck up too bad. Imagine acting like there's some kind of glut of QB talent in the NFL.

LMAO people acting like Kapernick was protesting in the middle of the huddle. Dude silently protested DURING THE POLITICAL portion of the game. You know, the part where everyone stops to praise our military, first responders, and sing a song to the glory of our nation.

If the praise is not political, then why is the criticism?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

They do it in front of customers?

We don't really have "customers" in the truest sense, but yes they spew this crap in front of people outside the organization.  You see, a lot of MAGAts have this belief that any and all white males are "on their side".

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

LMAO people acting like Kapernick was protesting in the middle of the huddle. Dude silently protested DURING THE POLITICAL portion of the game. You know, the part where everyone stops to praise our military, first responders, and sing a song to the glory of our nation.

If the praise is not political, then why is the criticism?

Because standing for the national anthem isn't offending the paying customers.  You notice the big loud cheer at the end of it?

Edited by Johnny Sack

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

That workout was a PR setup by the NFL and you know it. Don’t even. Fuck you. 

Meh. I think both sides got exactly what they wanted out of it, and I have no idea who was responsible for setting that up.

More to the point, we are in general now back to discussing the optics of Kaepernick rather than the underlying issues he was trying to bring attention to. That's part of the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

No, Sack said we can't display political beliefs at work.  Why should I quit when they should be fired?

You don't display political shit to customers.  Apparently you work for the government or something since you say you don't have customers so maybe it does not apply so much.

But for businesses that have to earn a profit, you should not allow your employees to espouse their politics in front of paying customers when said politics will piss off a sizeable percentage.  This is common fucking sense.

I don't need by waitress preaching politics to me.  I don't ever discuss politics with my clients.  I do with my coworkers on occasion if we are not in front of clients and they want to.  But I would never get political with a client.

13 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

We're still bashing Kaepernick who lost his job for trying to bring awareness on a national platform to black people constantly being killed by the police and the institutions of power allowing it to happen?

No, it was the other 90% of his message.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

You don't display political shit to customers.  Apparently you work for the government or something since you say you don't have customers so maybe it does not apply so much.

But for businesses that have to earn a profit, you should not allow your employees to espouse their politics in front of paying customers when said politics will piss off a sizeable percentage.  This is common fucking sense.

I don't need by waitress preaching politics to me.  I don't ever discuss politics with my clients.  I do with my coworkers on occasion if we are not in front of clients and they want to.  But I would never get political with a client.

Seriously, do you ever leave your fucking house or go anywhere that isn't one of your businesses?

People display political shit all over the fucking place. Especially in small towns, the shit is everywhere. I could go down to the tire store and take a picture of their wall and it's literally 20 feet full of MAGA bullshit. Their business isn't hurting at all.

Stop trying to feed us this line of crap, we're not stupid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I work for a company that pulled in over $10 bln in net income so don't come at me with having to earn a profit bullshit.

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Smax said:

ROFLMAO

Thread should locked CR idiots escaped and contaminated it

I was merely informing you that a great deal of Kapernick did was shaped by the input and mentoring of Nate Boyer.  

Sorry you think some of us who used to be staunch supporters of what I'm imagining your party to be (even having influential positions therein) find themselves without a port right now.  Simply because we choose to continue to be critical of our leadership does not mean we are CR idiots/crazy liberals.  Quite the opposite in fact.  And one of the things we get frustrated about is how folks like you continue to clamor to divide us, that if we're not 100% on board with you and your coach...then we're idiots who can't be heard.  How does that help your position?  How does that help your life?  80 million U.S. adults did not vote for Trump or Clinton last election, obviously most did not vote at all.  The 80 million of us aren't pro-D, we're just pro-U.S.A. and your juvenile bullshit that attempts to divide everyone according to your backwards binary system of hatred is getting tiresome.  You had a fun four years.  Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened in the first place.    

26 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

ryan fucking tannehill and case fucking keenum are still in the league. 

just saying.

Why even bring starters up? These clowns say he wasn't good enough to be in the league in general. Mf'er I'm a Cowboys fan, gtfoh. Our backups were Kellen Moore and Brandon Weeden. I actually watched these guys play, you can't tell me he's worse than Kellen Moore and Brandon fucking Weeden. Gtttttfffff.

I was merely informing you that a great deal of Kapernick did was shaped by the input and mentoring of Nate Boyer.  
Sorry you think some of us who used to be staunch supporters of what I'm imagining your party to be (even having influential positions therein) find themselves without a port right now.  Simply because we choose to continue to be critical of our leadership does not mean we are CR idiots/crazy liberals.  Quite the opposite in fact.  And one of the things we get frustrated about is how folks like you continue to clamor to divide us, that if we're not 100% on board with you and your coach...then we're idiots who can't be heard.  How does that help your position?  How does that help your life?  80 million U.S. adults did not vote for Trump or Clinton last election, obviously most did not vote at all.  The 80 million of us aren't pro-D, we're just pro-U.S.A. and your juvenile bullshit that attempts to divide everyone according to your backwards binary system of hatred is getting tiresome.  You had a fun four years.  Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened in the first place.    
You did not inform me of anything I wasnt already aware of .....

Seriously man why do you think you are the only person who pays attention to things, especially UT related subjects. Subjects that had multi paged thread about on this very fucking site

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Smax said:

You did not inform me of anything I wasnt already aware of .....

Seriously man why do you think you are the only person who pays attention to things, especially UT related subjects. Subjects that had multi paged thread about on this very fucking site

Because based on your other comments, you seem slow and uninformed.  Same reason I speak patiently to my children.