Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

41 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I think it's because we see stories every day about someone getting killed, even killed by police. That's (sadly) not a rare occurrence. It is much more rare to see a large city get fucked up and burned. Every time a killing like this happens, I think shit's gonna pop off but it almost never does. So I'm surprised it's gotten as big as it has this time.

Personally, I think the protesters/mob should storm the police HQ, city hall, mayor's house, etc. before going after Target or Auto Zone. You think the mayor is picking up plug wires or an O2 sensor on his way home? He doesn't care about that shit. But he'd care if his house burned down.

But if the story is true about the cop was the one starting the shit at Autozone, then that makes this thing go even deeper. The cops are then participating to push the story even further. St Paul came out and said it isn't him but police depts have no credibility to me. 

But the cops are definitely out there enticing shit and stirring it up on purpose. This started out as a peaceful protest. Cops then went out and sprayed tear gas and shot bean bags. It was all calculated. They wanted this to push the eyes off how corrupt they are and back to the other side and show them how bad they are and this is what they have to deal with. When in reality, they are the ones causing most the angst between citizens and them. They thrive off the citizens hating them and fearing them. They would not have it any other way. They don't want unity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Yep. Last 52 years have really turned out much better for blacks in the US. (being a little facetious here) but this may be straw that broke camels back as there is ZERO doubt that had there not been cameras on this scene that these fucking cops would have flat out lied their asses off and got away with murder.

Things change slowly. Time is on the side of the good guys, thankfully. In '68 the black community had good leadership that understood the necessity then for peaceful civil disobedience. The amount of restraint needed to not respond to oppression and unequal treatment with violence was commendable and the workers got concessions they wanted.

I believe that Minny has good black community leaders, the peaceful protests were a good start. Personally I think that black Minny just needs to follow the example from Memphis and shut down participation in anything and everything white. it's much harder to do that though than it is to start a fire. There was a lot of disagreement among blacks during Civil Rights too on how to best get what they wanted. Good leadership and solidarity would still today go a long way to furthering their aims.

Vic pointed out that these actions were incited by the popo and I don't disagree with that. Still though, we're all responsible for our reactions to events. I'm not saying that the emotions are invalid, I'm saying the outward reactions need to be measured and tempered.  I hate to see folks lose their possessions and businesses and property but in the final analysis it may turn out to be the spark that was needed to bring real change. Sometimes that's what it takes, unfortunately.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Remember that time there were riots and looting for something other than the police killing a black person?

Me neither.

Remember the time the dorks got to dress up like Rambo and protest and not a damn thing happened to them? I do.

Remember when cops sprayed tear gas and shot bean bags at peaceful protests to try and incite what we saw? I do.One protest was for a citizen murdered in the street. The other was because people were inconvenienced by a lockdown. Which protest made more sense and how did the police handle each protest?

Yeah, that is a huge reason this keeps happening. Cause and effect.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

But if the story is true about the cop was the one starting the shit at Autozone, then that makes this thing go even deeper. The cops are then participating to push the story even further. St Paul came out and said it isn't him but police depts have no credibility to me. 

But the cops are definitely out there enticing shit and stirring it up on purpose. This started out as a peaceful protest. Cops then went out and sprayed tear gas and shot bean bags. It was all calculated. They wanted this to push the eyes off how corrupt they are and back to the other side and show them how bad they are and this is what they have to deal with. When in reality, they are the ones causing most the angst between citizens and them. They thrive off the citizens hating them and fearing them. They would not have it any other way. They don't want unity.

I don't disagree. I've seen some weird pics online, masked guys wearing Secret Service-looking earpieces and shit. White guys methodically breaking windows with a hammer. None of it makes sense.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, what if a small business owner has been deemed non-essential and has just opened up only to see his entire livelihood reduced to ashes and can’t provide for his/her family as a result?  Is it less despicable or equally despicable?  Are the black business owners defending their businesses with guns racist too?  Should they join the KKK too?  I’m just trying to understand the rules.

Give MLK 3 minutes to explain this and maybe you will get it. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, workswithseed said:

We were less racist back then. Wait, what?

18 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

All those violent protests like Rosa Parks, the Million Man March, MLK and everything else that led to real change. Looting 5 TVs from Target shows you’re a thief, not a race victim seeking social justice.

You guys remember a different history than I do. Real change came as a result of the violence that met those protests. The water hoses, dogs attacking protesters, batons to the heads of protesters, and the murders of those protesters.  These images were on tv, night after night,  after night. That's what yielded the change. The VIOLENCE!!!

• Like 2

27-CR-20-12646 Filed in District Court State of Minnesota STATEMENT OF PROBABLE CAUSE 5/29/2020
On May 25, 2020, someone called 911 and reported that a man bought merchandise from Cup Foods at 3759 Chicago Avenue in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota with a counterfeit $20 bill. At 8:08 p.m., Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) Officers Thomas Lane and J.A. Kueng arrived with their body worn cameras (BWCs) activated and running. The officers learned from store personnel that the man who passed the counterfeit $20 was parked in a car around the corner from the store on 38th Street.
BWC video obtained by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension shows that the officers approached the car, Lane on the driver's side and Kueng on the passenger side. Three people were in the car; George Floyd was in the driver's seat, a known adult male was in the passenger seat and a known adult female was sitting in the backseat. As Officer Lane began speaking with Mr. Floyd, he pulled his gun out and pointed it at Mr. Floyd's open window and directed Mr. Floyd to show his hands. When Mr. Floyd put his hands in the steering wheel, Lane put his gun back in its holster.
While Officer Kueng was speaking with the front seat passenger, Officer Lane ordered Mr. Floyd out of the car, put his hands on Mr. Floyd, and pulled him out of the car. Officer Lane handcuffed Mr. Floyd. Mr. Floyd actively resisted being handcuffed.
Once handcuffed, Mr. Floyd became compliant and walked with Officer Lane to the sidewalk and sat on the ground at Officer Lane's direction. In a conversation that lasted just under two minutes, Officer Lang asked Mr. Floyd for his name and identification. Officer Lane asked Mr. Lloyd if he was "on anything" and explained that he was arresting Mr. Lloyd for passing counterfeit currency.
Officers Kueng and Lane stood Mr. Floyd up and attempted to walk Mr. Floyd to their squad car (MPD 320) at 8:14 p.m. Mr. Floyd stiffened up, fell to the ground, and told the officers he was claustrophobic.
MPD Officers Derek Chauvin (the defendant) and Tou Thoa then arrived in a separate squad car.
The officers made several attempts to get Mr. Floyd in the backseat of squad 320 from the driver's side. Mr. Floyd did not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down, saying he was not going in the car, and refusing to stand still. Mr. Floyd is over six feet tall and weighs more than 200 pounds.
While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe. The defendant went to the passenger side and tried to get Mr. Floyd into the car from that side and Lane and Kueng assisted.
The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m. and Mr. Floyd went to the ground face down and still handcuffed. Kueng held Mr. Floyd's back and Lane held his legs. The defendant placed his left knee in the area of Mr. Floyd's head and neck. Mr. Floyd said, "I can't breathe" multiple times and repeatedly said, "Mama" and "please," as well. The defendant and the other two officers stayed in their positions.
The officers said, "You are talking fine" to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked, "should we roll him on his side?" and the defendant said, "No, staying put where we got him." Officer Lane said, "I am worried about excited delirium or whatever." The defendant said, "That's why we have him on his stomach." None of the three officers moved from their positions.
BWC video shows Mr. Floyd continue to move and breathe. At 8:24:24, Mr. Floyd stopped moving. At
27-CR-20-12646 Filed in District Court State of Minnesota 8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, "want to roll him5/o2n9/2020
his side." Kueng checked Mr. Floyd's right wrist for a pulse and said, "I couldn't find one." None of the officers moved from their positions.
At 8:27:24, the defendant removed his knee from Mr. Floyd's neck. An ambulance and emergency medical personnel arrived, the officers placed Mr. Floyd on a gurney, and the ambulance left the scene. Mr. Floyd was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd's autopsy on May 26, 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings. The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.
The defendant had his knee on Mr. Floyd's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in total. Two minutes and 53 seconds of this was after Mr. Floyd was non-responsive. Police are trained that this type of restraint with a subject in a prone position is inherently dangerous.
Defendant is in custody.

Imagine thinking that pointing your gun at someone through a window because you think he might have (probably unknowingly) passed a fake $20 bill is a reasonable course of action.

Get ready folks. This cop is going to walk. At the most, he will get probation and community service. Why do you think he gave zero shits about it on camera for the world to see? He knew he had a lawyer in his pocket that will get him off with ease.Oh, add to add potential intoxicants for shits and giggles. You can't make this shit up.

a9ff302879cd10da60204bfa3b5528bb.jpg

• Like 1

No intent to kill? Lmao. Nope, the guy is just saying he cant breathe, crying out for his mom and pleading to stop while bystanders telling you to stop, he's lifeless and he's bleeding. And the murdering cop did zero about it or the other 3.

3rd degree murder for this? Bullshit.

101346673_4627785827232359_6128203734733

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

3rd degree murder for this?

Proving intent is hard.  Proving that he gave not a single fuck about whether or not this guy died is all right there on tape. 

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Get ready folks. This cop is going to walk. At the most, he will get probation and community service. Why do you think he gave zero shits about it on camera for the world to see? He knew he had a lawyer in his pocket that will get him off with ease.Oh, add to add potential intoxicants for shits and giggles. You can't make this shit up.

Looks like some of the predictions from last night are likely true.  My question/comment is; would George likely be alive later that day were it not for the actions of this officer?  If so; this officer should do time.  This is the same shit they pulled and got away with in the Erik Garner case...

11 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You guys remember a different history than I do. Real change came as a result of the violence that met those protests. The water hoses, dogs attacking protesters, batons to the heads of protesters, and the murders of those protesters.  These images were on tv, night after night,  after night. That's what yielded the change. The VIOLENCE!!!

I think it was meeting that violence with persistent non-violence, actually.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Player said:

Fuck the Hennepin County medical examiner for throwing in that speculative bullshit about "potential intoxicants in his system" contributing to Floyd's death. 

The he had weed in his apartment defense...

@scottsins

Is there a non nefarious  reason for charging him with third degree murder instead of going for murder one and having the possibility of third degree as a lesser included offense?

hell, you could reduce before trial if the evidence on intent isn’t there?

i don’t practice criminal law and my experience on Crim law is limited to law school classes on criminal law and a death penalty course as well as clerking for a federal judge.  

I don’t understand not charging a higher offense.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Remember that time there were riots and looting for something other than the police killing a black person?

Me neither.

Never been to a black Friday sale eh?

Those broads can get crazy.

Edited by SHOOTER12

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

@scottsins

Is there a non nefarious  reason for charging him with third degree murder instead of going for murder one and having the possibility of third degree as a lesser included offense?

hell, you could reduce before trial if the evidence on intent isn’t there?

i don’t practice criminal law and my experience on Crim law is limited to law school classes on criminal law and a death penalty course as well as clerking for a federal judge.  

I don’t understand not charging a higher offense.  

I don't know of MN does the "lesser included offense" thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So the ME couldn't determine why he died?  It should be listed as homicide, suicide, accident or undecided.  

26 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Not a chance in hell.

24 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Not a chance in hell? That's a little optimistic. 

Son of a bitch better not walk.

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Edited by SHOOTER12

Kueng checked Mr. Floyd's right wrist for a pulse and said, "I couldn't find one." None of the officers moved from their positions.

Thats kind of disturbing.  I guess my non-medical expert reaction upon not finding a pulse would be to start CPR, but I'm just a law talking guy, not a LEO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

Kueng checked Mr. Floyd's right wrist for a pulse and said, "I couldn't find one." None of the officers moved from their positions.

Thats kind of disturbing.  I guess my non-medical expert reaction upon not finding a pulse would be to start CPR, but I'm just a law talking guy, not a LEO.

Wasn’t that also like 2:44 seconds prior to the officer getting off his neck as well?   

17 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Ok so he didn’t asphyxiate but maybe no blood to his brain via the jugular for ten minutes???  

It's like doing an autopsy on a hospital patient and ignoring the hospital chart.    The patient died of vascular disease, but we'll ignore the blood work showing sepsis and the head CT revealing an aneurysm.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, what if a small business owner has been deemed non-essential and has just opened up only to see his entire livelihood reduced to ashes and can’t provide for his/her family as a result?  Is it less despicable or equally despicable?  Are the black business owners defending their businesses with guns racist too?  Should they join the KKK too?  I’m just trying to understand the rules.

In this instance, insurance would kick in -- unlike for the pandemic.