Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Tonight's going to suck so hard. I live in a suburb but even in running some errands, I could feel the tension in the air. The Targets are boarded up, the sound of copters is constant, and there's a steady stream of National Guard vehicles rolling down the highway. People are going to die tonight and I hate it..

10 minutes ago, BNB said:

IMHO, this is now no longer just about George Floyd, and our local governments handling of local police for their accountability of their stray from Serving the people, to "Policing" the people.

This should be a wakeup call for all local governments.  Hopefully there has been enough destruction to make officials listen to the people.

Quit hiring mainly soldiers, and anyone off the street that has a desire for power, and start making them accountable for their individual actions, and their leaders.

Legal or internal cases against police officers need to go to the front of the line in the judicial system to get abusive  cops off the streets.

Police forces need larger Internal Affairs, or hire more people that don't have a problem "ratting" their fellow officers out.

Hopefully people will listen to their local leaders tonight and stay off the street at curfew and let law enforcement take care of the anarchists we have on the streets trying to destruct or society.

Soldiers are generally much better cops than people off the streets.  The rules of engagement are much more strict for our guys overseas than it is for LEOs.  Fuck you shoot an unarmed civilian hell even an armed civilian with a weapon and you're still going to be in a fuckton of trouble.   So you may want to get your opinions straight

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Soldiers are generally much better cops than people off the streets.  The rules of engagement are much more strict for our guys overseas than it is for LEOs.  Fuck you shoot an unarmed civilian hell even an armed civilian with a weapon and you're still going to be in a fuckton of trouble.   So you may want to get your opinions straight

I'm not trying to attack our soldiers that have fought for our country, but there are some out there that joined the military, then joined the police with a certain attitude that should not be serving the community.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BNB said:

IMHO, this is now no longer just about George Floyd, and our local governments handling of local police for their accountability of their stray from Serving the people, to "Policing" the people.

This should be a wakeup call for all local governments.  Hopefully there has been enough destruction to make officials listen to the people.

Quit hiring mainly soldiers, and anyone off the street that has a desire for power, and start making them accountable for their individual actions, and their leaders.

Legal or internal cases against police officers need to go to the front of the line in the judicial system to get abusive  cops off the streets.

Police forces need larger Internal Affairs, or hire more people that don't have a problem "ratting" their fellow officers out.

Hopefully people will listen to their local leaders tonight and stay off the street at curfew and let law enforcement take care of the anarchists we have on the streets trying to destruct our society.

Maybe they need anonymous tip lines with rewards that lead to discipline or legal action against cops. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BNB said:

I'm not trying to attack our soldiers that have fought for our country, but there are some out there that joined the military, then joined the police with a certain attitude that should not be serving the community.

Just a little stereotyping, that’s all.

Edited by Casual Encounter
There aren’t too many personality types willing to do the job anyway.

The militarization of police is a problem. Domestic disputes do not require a militarized response. But that is what we do - these days.

Reformation is necessary. Responding to concerns before they reach crisis level is necessary. And ending Blood Choke holds as approved police tactics is necessary.

The balance of power between law enforcement and the people they serve is overwhelmingly one-sided. With such great power comes even greater responsibility. Most LEO's do their job extremely well. It is a shame when the good ones get lumped in with the thumpers - but the good ones have a duty to throttle the damage done by thumpers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The militarization of police is a problem. Domestic disputes do not require a militarized response. But that is what we do - these days.

Reformation is necessary. Responding to concerns before they reach crisis level is necessary. And ending Blood Choke holds as approved police tactics is necessary.

The balance of power between law enforcement and the people they serve is overwhelmingly one-sided. With such great power comes even greater responsibility. Most LEO's do their job extremely well. It is a shame when the good ones get lumped in with the thumpers - but the good ones have a duty to throttle the damage done by thumpers.

I think protecting citizens from corrupt cops should be one of the top duties or law enforcement.  And they do an absolutely terrible job of that.  So I disagree most do their jobs extremely well.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yep, it’s the chickendicks that couldn’t hack boot camp, were playing JV football as a junior, on the b team in baseball, and whose girlfriends cheated on them with the cool cats at school that don’t need to be anywhere near police academies.  Those fuckers are mad at the world and always will be. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Yeah.  The big problem is the training.  In the academy instructors teach them they always have to be on alert and everyone is out to kill them.  So you teach someone that and then you put someone out on patrol by themselves way too soon.  It gets to where it strains you to the point where you are actually paranoid that someone is going to get you.  I don't believe the cop shows on TV help much either.  Every week the cop is in some shootout.  After a while they think that's what their job is. 

• Like 2

The blue line needs to be abolished. That will be the first step in the right direction. 

The whole protect a cop just because they are a cop no matter what happened is bullshit and that whole corrupt mentality needs to die. Until it does, nothing changes. 

• Like 6

Just now, FartingMonk said:

Yeah.  The big problem is the training.  In the academy instructors teach them they always have to be on alert and everyone is out to kill them.  So you teach someone that and then you put someone out on patrol by themselves way too soon.  It gets to where it strains you to the point where you are actually paranoid that someone is going to get you.  I don't believe the cop shows on TV help much either.  Every week the cop is in some shootout.  After a while they think that's what their job is. 

I think we need to go back to two cops riding in cars together to be honest.  Full on transparency and 100% requirement that body cams and audio are constantly going.  No more getting their 18 minutes before your partner without proof. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

They are canceling reservations at restaurants tonight in my north Atlanta suburb. Some chatter about the protests moving to the burbs so as not to target black businesses.

My town is 58% white.

RIP

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or she's trying to protect some assets if there is any kind of civil lawsuits (who am I kidding, the taxpayers will cover the bill).

Little known factoid.  In Texas, at least, a tort claim would have already attached to the marital estate.  A tort plaintiff, such as the estate of Floyd, could theoretically intervene and hold up the property division pending the outcome of a civil suit.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I think we need to go back to two cops riding in cars together to be honest.  Full on transparency and 100% requirement that body cams and audio are constantly going.  No more getting their 18 minutes before your partner without proof. 

I think we need to go back to cops walking with sticks.  And nothing else.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The source for that conclusion deserves a little vetting . . . 

"The real hard-core guys, this is their job: They're involved in this struggle," said Adam Leggat, a former British Army counterterrorism officer who now works as a security consultant specializing in crowd management for the Densus Group. "They need protests on the street to give them cover to move in."

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The source for that conclusion deserves a little vetting . . . 

"The real hard-core guys, this is their job: They're involved in this struggle," said Adam Leggat, a former British Army counterterrorism officer who now works as a security consultant specializing in crowd management for the Densus Group. "They need protests on the street to give them cover to move in."

I’m not seeing many white supremacist skinhead types on tv.  Unless they’ve switched over to skinny jeans.  

It’s pretty obvious who is doing the rioting.  

4:57 p.m.  I-35 is back down to one open lane in each direction through downtown.
In other words it's still moving at about the same pace.

I know you're talking about Austin but keep in mind the Twin Cities are on I35 too.

As of now, here, they are keeping all highways open. With all the Intel of the protesters jumping to the suburbs, I'd think they may want to lock them down at curfew

Peaceful protesters in St. Louis mob a Fed-Ex truck.  He decides to bolt, ends up unknowingly dragging and running over a protestor that had crawled between his looted trailers.  Protester died at the hospital.  

https://www.kmov.com/news/man-killed-after-being-dragged-by-fedex-truck-following-night-of-protests-in-downtown-st/article_f8a89482-a259-11ea-84b8-a374c58a7d47.html

Video, truck gets there 27 minutes in.  A bit graphic:

https://www.facebook.com/jarms90/videos/1655324651282320/?t=1835

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Peaceful protesters in St. Louis mob a Fed-Ex truck.  He decides to bolt, ends up unknowingly dragging and running over a protestor that had crawled between his looted trailers.  Protester died at the hospital.  

https://www.kmov.com/news/man-killed-after-being-dragged-by-fedex-truck-following-night-of-protests-in-downtown-st/article_f8a89482-a259-11ea-84b8-a374c58a7d47.html

Video, truck gets there 27 minutes in.  A bit graphic:

https://www.facebook.com/jarms90/videos/1655324651282320/?t=1835

spacer.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m not seeing many white supremacist skinhead types on tv.  Unless they’ve switched over to skinny jeans.  

Nothing is ever binary with this type of civil unrest. And the two you identified have the least power in this structure.

The problem is the escalation of force is going to be nuts.  They are going to fuck people up to make sure they stay home.  Most cities stayed away from tear gas but that's the only way to get the no consequences people to stay home.  You might think its ok to support rioting by providing them water and milk for the cause.  Get gassed and you may think twice about it

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

The problem is the escalation of force is going to be nuts.  They are going to fuck people up to make sure they stay home.  Most cities stayed away from tear gas but that's the only way to get the no consequences people to stay home.  You might think its ok to support rioting by providing them water and milk for the cause.  Get gassed and you may think twice about it

And that is how decisions get made. It is all an efficiency determination. 

Peaceful protesters in Philadelphia now spraying police with chemicals, according to the scanner several have been taken to hospitals with burns.  City hall looted, and lots of cars burning. 

https://www.ajc.com/news/protests-atlanta-elsewhere-turn-violent/bFUUufJyg2a9PFOtMg2RjP/

And of course plenty of car fires and now trying to burn city hall.

If you can't breathe, maybe stop setting fires.  Smoke 101

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Peaceful protesters in Philadelphia now spraying police with chemicals, according to the scanner several have been taken to hospitals with burns.  City hall looted, and lots of cars burning. 

Chemical irritants are a frontline product used by police to control crowds.