Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

25 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This of course completely ignores the incident that sparked all of these protests involved 4 cops! The problem with police force is not individual bad actors. It is system violence and illegal behavior. 

I’m not ignoring that.   I’m saying it would be a start to relieve the tension in the majority of incidents.  If you can’t wade through that level of nuance, perhaps you shouldn’t be carrying on “gotcha” conversations on a message board. 

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’ve seen a lot of research that says pairing cops up together is more dangerous for citizens- if they have a buddy they are more likely to be militant- if they are by themselves they are more likely to deescalate tensions. 

I can see that too.  But I think there are ways to mitigate that.   

33 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Good start. I’d also say adopt airline style teams. Never have two officers with under 5 years experience together.

A police Officer is only permitted to carry a weapon after five years of proper service. 

60% of the force needs to live in the county they patrol.  Offer housing assistance for those who need it. 

Offer forgivable scholarships in return for service to the minority communities/ recruitment. 

Body cameras on at all times sans bathroom. Penalties for non-compliance are severe. Shoot someone in the shitter, forced resignation. 

Separate prosecution for police officers. Don’t have DA’s prosecute and then have to rely on the police for other criminal cases. 

Out of rep for today 

37 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’ve seen a lot of research that says pairing cops up together is more dangerous for citizens- if they have a buddy they are more likely to be militant- if they are by themselves they are more likely to deescalate tensions. 

Was the research before or after wide spread body camera usage?  

With cameras, the partner is a second eye witness and lessens the chance of a camera “failure” IMO. 

*also, have google/dell/amazon+ any corporation endow a fund to provide the necessary storage for the amount of data produced nationwide by LEOs. Give them no excuses and make the largest corporations actually put some money into a solution. It’s good PR anyway 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

This isn't the thread for your hot takes on police unions, antifa, and anita.

There's a thread for that @Trey3216

It can be the thread for making jokes about sexing a woman hit with a rubber billet though, right?  Sometime I get confused as to what is frowned upon or actively encouraged. 

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Was the research before or after wide spread body camera usage?  

With cameras, the partner is a second eye witness and lessens the chance of a camera “failure” IMO. 

*also, have google/dell/amazon+ any corporation endow a fund to provide the necessary storage for the amount of data produced nationwide by LEOs. Give them no excuses and make the largest corporations actually put some money into a solution instead of feel good opportunistic commercials. 

5 plus years ago I read it, so the research is probably 10+ years ago. 

Just now, blacklab said:

This isn't the thread for your hot takes on police unions, antifa, and anita.

There's a thread for that @Trey3216

Duly noted.  I didn’t throw any hot takes about ANTIFA that weren’t a reply to “if it’s them, then they should be fucked”.   I lost money on the Santa Anita races yesterday, but have nothing to discuss about Anita, or South Austin’s mom this evening.   

the police union shake was just an idea I was throwing out there, and I gotcha on forum placement.  But this thread is and has been beyond anti-political from the chute.   I was honestly trying to throw out an idea that could be a way to make shit better.  But I hear you, and whomever decided to report me.  

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It can be the thread for making jokes about sexing a woman hit with a rubber billet though, right?  Sometime I get confused as to what is frowned upon or actively encouraged. 

Yes, that's part of what makes these threads so good.

Two dipshits arguing about police unions and their opinions about them does not

• Like 2

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Duly noted.  I didn’t throw any hot takes about ANTIFA that weren’t a reply to “if it’s them, then they should be fucked”.   I lost money on the Santa Anita races yesterday, but have nothing to discuss about Anita, or South Austin’s mom this evening.   

the police union shake was just an idea I was throwing out there, and I gotcha on forum placement.  But this thread is and has been beyond anti-political from the chute.   I was honestly trying to throw out an idea that could be a way to make shit better.  But I hear you, and whomever decided to report me.  

No one reported you, I'm reading the thread

40 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Good start. I’d also say adopt airline style teams. Never have two officers with under 5 years experience together.

A police Officer is only permitted to carry a weapon after five years of proper service. 

60% of the force needs to live in the county they patrol.  Offer housing assistance for those who need it. 

Offer forgivable scholarships in return for service to the minority communities/ recruitment. 

Body cameras on at all times sans bathroom. Penalties for non-compliance are severe. Shoot someone in the shitter, forced resignation. 

Separate prosecution for police officers. Don’t have DA’s prosecute and then have to rely on the police for other criminal cases. 

Agree with everything wholeheartedly except for the 5 years requirement to be issued a handgun. If one can’t demonstrate the ability to handle the responsibility of carrying a firearm out of the academy, he/she should not be allowed to become a police officer. Emphasis should be placed on screening applicants and thoroughly evaluating their aptitude during training. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Just remember this: If you’re cheering for the rioters and looters, you’re on the wrong side of history. 

Some of my daughter’s classmates (hs juniors) were in downtown Dallas today and were culled away from the main crowd, pepper sprayed, and lit up w rubber bullets. Those fuckers deserve all they get and then some

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

That'll be great when the overpass collapses due to heat stress.  

Will take a lot more than that.  Only seen it happen twice (philly and Atlanta) and both were piles of thousands of tires set ablaze.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Some of my daughter’s classmates (hs juniors) were in downtown Dallas today and were culled away from the main crowd, pepper sprayed, and lit up w rubber bullets. Those fuckers deserve all they get and then some

Why the fuck would anyone let high school kids go down there? I understand the sentiment, but that shit ain't safe. 

• Like 4