Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

12 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

That'll be great when the overpass collapses due to heat stress.  

Probably not. Likely no direct flame impingement. That overpass is pretty high.

10 minutes ago, 3adays said:

It burned for a long time. Took AFD forever to get there. 

AFD had to wait for APD to clear them to enter ... i.e. wait til it was deemed safe enough.

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Why the fuck would anyone let high school kids go down there? I understand the sentiment, but that shit ain't safe. 

Oh I agree but having said that these kids are even look young and the cops specifically went at them. Fucking cowards shooting at kids

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Police should just be showing the rioters with water. Don’t even need a lot of Psi. The threat of ruining their cell phone will be enough to send many home. 

Cell phones have ruined the fun of spontaneous water ballon fights or shoving somebody in a pool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Oh I agree but having said that these kids are even look young and the cops specifically went at them. Fucking cowards shooting at kids

Sorry parents have faith in cops to act appropriately. 

36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It can be the thread for making jokes about sexing a woman hit with a rubber billet though, right?  Sometime I get confused as to what is frowned upon or actively encouraged. 

Rule #2 of surly. Boner jokes are not only tolerated in every thread, but encouraged. 

You can't hold the whole site responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals like myself. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole thread? And if the whole thread is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of all of Surly? I put it to you, WulawHorn, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America

Guest Lobo
13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Feds need to apply RICO to Antifa over these riots. I'd love to see several hundred Antifa members each facing decades of prison time. Then squeeze them to find out who they are coordinating with and apply RICO to those people as well.

Who taught you how RICO works?  I picture you like George Bluth, "I have the worst fucking lawyers."  

Anyway, 2L aside...I've been disappointed in the signage brought to the protests by most of these folks.  Nothing clever, nothing impactful, nothing pithy.  Cut right to the heart of the police souls.  It doesn't roll off the tongue, but then you just need to read it, not hear it:

"MPD:  Your Children Are Being Raised by Cowards."  

Edited by Lobo

You can tell it's Austin:   People are mostly leaving the homeless folks' tens alone.

Then again, wouldn't want to go anywhere near those things.  And people are riding scooters around.

The KVUE reporter is cute behind her mask and helmet.

Edit: And people are doing fucking selfies in front of the graffiti.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Who taught you how RICO works?  I picture you like George Bluth, "I have the worst fucking lawyers."  

I know you exactly how it works.  There are plenty of Rico predicates.  These loser assholes are part of criminal conspiracy and organization despite living in their parent’s basement.  

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

HAHAH, KVUE's camera was focused on a column that said "FUCK APD"

Meanwhile, Dallas PD is just randomly pot-shotting folks with rubber bullets.  Great way to get the people behind you.

Well we might have just all witnessed a murder. Clear the fucking streets now. Peaceful protest this is not. 

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

HAHAH, KVUE's camera was focused on a column that said "FUCK APD"

Meanwhile, Dallas PD is just randomly pot-shotting folks with rubber bullets.  Great way to get the people behind you.

Maybe I missed it, but all I saw there was some cops driving by and people hiding from them...

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

This isn't the thread for your hot takes on police unions, antifa, and anita.

There's a thread for that @Trey3216

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Feds need to apply RICO to Antifa over these riots. I'd love to see several hundred Antifa members each facing decades of prison time. Then squeeze them to find out who they are coordinating with and apply RICO to those people as well.

Not trying to be the proverbial snowflake, but are above posts by Johnny cool? If so, are replies cool? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

That was from some weird incident earlier today.

No, I dunno wtf that shit is that you quoted.  I'm talking about when the protesters walked out onto IH35 and blocked it.

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, BNB said:
 I went to a "black" barber shop today in Austin and they were hardly talking about what was going on....  I don't know if that was b/c the white guy walked in.
I think most of the riots are from unemployment,unrest of being at home, Anita and other Anarchy factions..

I tend to agree here in some part, the current situation has disproportionately affected minorites and the poor.

44 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Some of my daughter’s classmates (hs juniors) were in downtown Dallas today and were culled away from the main crowd, pepper sprayed, and lit up w rubber bullets. Those fuckers deserve all they get and then some

You seem like a great parent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Mob in downtown Dallas has evidently beaten someone to death.
Because he was white.
Just saw the video in Twitter.

He’s still alive. Appears he was a businessowner or something, trying to drive people away with his sword/machete. Didn’t work. It was a quick attack involving 6-10 people, hopefully the vid quality is good enough to get them all identified & arrested.

• Like 3

I am starting to get very pessimistic. How all these protests that have been relatively peaceful all day Countrywide,  (with some exceptions), all managed to turn violent in the last 2-2.5 hours?

yesterday eve in Austin was mild. It resulted in 2-3 hours after midnight of younger people being stupid, but they werent being progressively violent.  now, we have idiots setting fires in multiple areas. 

This is starting to look more and more like there is overall outside purposeful planning in place countrywide.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 5