Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

50 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

shit, just heard of this place last week and was planning to go next time i get to chicago.  one of the last big film stores around.

34 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Here are some of my photos from protests in Houston tonight.  The cops did their best to divide and disperse the crowd.  I saw a couple of arrests, but not sure the context.  I have never been in the middle of something like this, so it was very interesting.  Hard to shoot because it was dusk/night.

49953782253_a67a759945_o.jpg

you ain't the only one.  captured some L glass in the background. you got some really dynamic pics

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

So, I haven't kept up with this thread the last couple of days, and I probably won't go back and read I because I have a family and a life, but I just wanted to say that we attended a prayer service in front of the county courthouse for justice for Goerge Floyd. The speakers were a conglomerate of local pastors, both black and white. One of them read a letter from the wife of a police officer that was very critical of this whole ordeal. One of them was a preacher cop who channeled Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with his oratory skills. Obviously he condemned the whole situation as well. At the end they called up all the local pastors, city officials and such on the stage for support and to say a final prayer. The Chief of police (or at least his doppelganger, in uniform) was up there with them. So there is some hope. This was in Longview, TX, what most of y'all probably consider the backwoods racist part of the state (and in many ways it still is), yet the chief of police was up there calling for justice for Mr. Floyd. I would say there is hope yet. Keep fighting the fight. There is never the right time to do the wrong thing (one of the key messages from the preacher cop), but there are plenty of wrongs that need to be made right.
That's where the majority of the country is I feel....just a lot of pent up rage from previous police brutality with no real changes yet added with Corona and massive unemployment with no leadership

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

shit, just heard of this place last week and was planning to go next time i get to chicago.  one of the last big film stores around.

you ain't the only one.  captured some L glass in the background. you got some really dynamic pics

Thanks.  Yeah, there were quite a few photographers as well as freelance and network people out there documenting the whole thing.  A few of those shots I got were L glass as well.

6 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
11 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:
So, I haven't kept up with this thread the last couple of days, and I probably won't go back and read I because I have a family and a life, but I just wanted to say that we attended a prayer service in front of the county courthouse for justice for Goerge Floyd. The speakers were a conglomerate of local pastors, both black and white. One of them read a letter from the wife of a police officer that was very critical of this whole ordeal. One of them was a preacher cop who channeled Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with his oratory skills. Obviously he condemned the whole situation as well. At the end they called up all the local pastors, city officials and such on the stage for support and to say a final prayer. The Chief of police (or at least his doppelganger, in uniform) was up there with them. So there is some hope. This was in Longview, TX, what most of y'all probably consider the backwoods racist part of the state (and in many ways it still is), yet the chief of police was up there calling for justice for Mr. Floyd. I would say there is hope yet. Keep fighting the fight. There is never the right time to do the wrong thing (one of the key messages from the preacher cop), but there are plenty of wrongs that need to be made right.

Read more  

That's where the majority of the country is I feel....just a lot of pent up rage from previous police brutality with no real changes yet added with Corona and massive unemployment with no leadership

I should add that somewhere between a quarter to third of the folks there were white. So, for a protest/prayer service that was most likely distributed primarily among the African American population, it reached enough people that there were plenty of crackers like myself who decided to show up in support. Maybe the tide of public opinion is changing. I hope it is.

• Like 1

I should add that somewhere between a quarter to third of the folks there were white. So, for a protest/prayer service that was most likely distributed primarily among the African American population, it reached enough people that there were plenty of crackers like myself who decided to show up in support. Maybe the tide of public opinion is changing. I hope it is.
We all hope so....well most of us at least
But I'm an optimistic type

I thought this was a joke, but apparently some Amish are protesting the police, and Anonymous came out of their seclusion or whatever.

I'm actually not surprised that Anonymous would decide to get involved in some way.   I am surprised not to have seen any of the V for Vendetta masks so far.

I thought this was a joke, but apparently some Amish are protesting the police, and Anonymous came out of their seclusion or whatever.
I'm actually not surprised that Anonymous would decide to get involved in some way.   I am surprised not to have seen any of the V for Vendetta masks so far.

That will be on November 5th...

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Had no clue this was going on. Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing 

We've got a riot mugshot thread!

(First dude is the clear favorite)

Link to this being the “violent ANTIFA/Black Lives Matter riot” which is how the tweet refers to it.

I appreciate the booking photos but fuck that conclusory, source-lacking bullshit.

Same genius tweeted:

“Vehicle with American flag symbols is surrounded and attacked in Austin, Texas. #antifa #BlackLivesMatter”

The video in the clip was the assault on Alex Jones’ armored vehicle, not just some random proud American.

Link to this being the “violent ANTIFA/Black Lives Matter riot” which is how the tweet refers to it?

I appreciate the booking photos but fuck that conclusory, source-lacking bullshit.

Same genius tweeted:

“Vehicle with American flag symbols is surrounded and attacked in Austin, Texas. #antifa #BlackLivesMatter”

The video in the clip was the assault on Alex Jones’ armored vehicle, not just some random proud American.

Quoted in order to edit for punctuation.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, watching that video above of two dozen clips of police assaulting the only people at the protests NOT doing anything illegal was a very disturbing way to start my Sunday. 

4 full days of this shit, might be a good time for some leadership to emerge.  Just an idea.  

Guest Lobo
Just now, MissingInAction said:

Where are all the open carry bad asses now? Isnt this the exact situation they have a perpetual 2 inch hard on over?

They were busy last night getting haircuts and closing down the bar at Chili's.  

48 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Fat lives matter.

I will say that yes in this case she deserved to be subdued. You don't get to hit someone in the face like that twice and expect your hands to be held.

There are ways to protest that don't have you hitting a cop in the face (as much as many of them deserve it)

Guest Lobo

My sister lived in Minneapolis for many years so I should know the neighborhoods better, but that street the Police are walking down...that does not exactly look like the epicenter of the riots.  It's one nice house after another with mid-priced cars parked throughout.  Not one civilian on the street, just manicured lawns and freshly paved streets with no potholes (that's a sign of a wealthy suburb btw in Minneapolis where the salt trucks create more potholes than an Edward James Olmos biopic).  

I'm guessing this was a training exercise for how local PD will follow National Guard assets when they start rolling through downtown/black neighborhoods.  

Easier said than done from my residence in Austin, but I'd stay inside and post signs on my front porch that simply stated, "Dear MPD:  Your children have a murderer for a father."  

What I've been clamoring for, what I know most of these folks have been clamoring for...reminds me of that sign you see in lakeside dive bars around the country, "Free Beer Tomorrow."  I'm left thinking America has a sign on her wall that says, "Needed Leadership...Tomorrow"  

Edited by Lobo

16 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Field reporter shoved to the ground and maces

But look how much fun they're having! Mechanix gloves, all the tactical Velcro in the world, everything that moves is a target...it's like fucking Christmas!

3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Have any of the arrests or actual evidence pointed to ‘far left extremists’, foreigners, etc?  All I see about Antifa are accusations by Trump, Barr, Rubio, etc on the first three pages of google news.  

Man, fuck you and your need for facts - this is America 2020 man, nobody’s got time for that shit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Have any of the arrests or actual evidence pointed to ‘far left extremists’, foreigners, etc?  All I see about Antifa are accusations by Trump, Barr, Rubio, etc on the first three pages of google news.  

https://www.fox9.com/news/jail-records-show-most-arrested-in-minneapolis-riots-have-minnesota-addresses
City and state officials have repeatedly said over the past day that most rioters are from out of state. Gov. Tim Walz said Saturday morning that as many as 80 percent of the people were outsiders.

The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.

*No word on Facebook connections to KKK or Antifa

Edited by ChickenSandwich

34 minutes ago, Homercles said:

they are just trying to control the dialogue. The only thing the administration is worried about is who to blame which due the the chaos of the even is impossible to asses. People are very angry about a lot of shit. The reality is this in not controlled or organized. Sure, Russia is loving the shit out of this, but there are not SVR sleeper agents with blow horns.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Sounds like something someone from Antifa would say.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo

Neither side discussing root causes for this police brutality.  Neither side discussing meaningful criminal justice reform.  Neither side discussing core values of leadership, co-existence, and unity in the spirit of our Great Nation. 

Instead, both sides pontificating on which groups are to blame for this riotous behavior.  

Gee, I can't possibly imagine why that is.  Almost as if there's some invisible hand directing it so...

Edited by Lobo