Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

JFC, you talk about martial law. And just listen to how excited all of these heroes are to be shooting at the citizens they've sworn to protect. "LIGHT EM UP!!"

Winning hearts and minds I see.

You have Americans being shot on their own property, not out in the street or anything, not yelling with bullhorns or tossing fireworks.  Just filming on their own property.

Where are all of the guys who were showing up armed to the teeth to protest not getting a haircut or Chilis being closed?  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The police and national guards going around and shooting people on their own properties. They are trying to instigate and dare people to retaliate so they can cry about how bad everyone is and how hard and dangerous their jobs are. the media will not show this. They would only show any of the rightful retaliation to paint a false picture of what is really going on. Don't buy the hype with these fucking cops. Fuck these pigs.

https://streamable.com/u2jzoo

Where is this from?

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

NSIAP the Atlanta mayor has shown some impressive leadership:

She seems awesome.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Whole sermon today in church was about this. Christianity isn’t compatible with racism. Period. For real change to occur, affluent white Christians have got to lead the charge. 

Good luck with that. Too many of them hide behind their bibles and scriptures to spew their hatred and racism. Which is ironic because the man they worship believed in none of that at all. In fact, most of them would hate him if he was alive today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Good luck with that. Too many of them hide behind their bibles and scriptures to spew their hatred and racism. Which is ironic because the man they worship believed in none of that at all. In fact, most of them would hate him if he was alive today.

You seem to have some great insight into churches.  How often do you go and when was the last time?  And how many churches have you been to?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Just posting for the video.  But I’ll stop posting ones from him. 

here’s another

Sweep the leg.  

Those cops acted like hungry dogs that had been thrown a steak.  Shit, they were pushing each other out of the way to take a crack at the guy.  The guy was a fucking idiot playing a stupid game, but damn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Field reporter shoved to the ground and maces

They have got to be pissed that their actions are being broadcast around the world, in real-time in some cases.  Which triggers the snowflakes among them into acting even more shitty in front of the cameras, which perpetuates the image that they are thugs, and so on, and so forth.

And again, just imagine how they are acting when they don't think cameras are on them.

• Like 2

Just now, John Lawrence said:

You seem to have some great insight into churches.  How often do you go and when was the last time?  And how many churches have you been to?

I grew up Catholic. I did all that bullshit and all the first communion, baptism, confirmation, etc. Sunday School. The works. All my family are religious. Are you insinuating I need to go back to know what it's about? Nah. It's the same as it always has been and always will be. And what goes on inside the walls of the church is not even my point. Many people practicing love and all in there are the same who spew their bullshit outside of it but hiding behind their religion and bible. Bible Belt christians are some of the worst people I have encountered. Religious nuts are the worst.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Derka posted that up thread. Chilling. And the curfew rules specifically said you could be outside on your own property.

Way too many of these cops are acting like they are not under any kind of control of civilian authorities.  

They enforce the laws, they don't get to make them up, but they seem to have forgotten that.

7 hours ago, scottsins said:

“Vehicle with American flag symbols is surrounded and attacked in Austin, Texas. #antifa #BlackLivesMatter”

The video in the clip was the assault on Alex Jones’ armored vehicle, not just some random proud American.

Yeah, Jones had one of his staffers out trolling people with that thing.  It's a very expensive toy that, if the staffer fucks up and gets it hung up/stuck somewhere, will quickly become an expensive fire.

I'm actually surprised he has that kind of money to toss around still, given the divorce and lawsuits.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Affluent Christians?  Not really. Our issue is we have been indifferent on the topic. I don’t know anyone who spews hatred with whom I’m close. I know a lot of people who are apathetic. Which, your point remains. Indifference and apathy is counter to Christ. 

That is why I said "too many". There are plenty of decent Christians. I know many. I also know too many who aren't. If you want to be racist and hateful? That's your deal. But don't hide behind the bible to spread that. I'm not religious at all but I grew up religious (no choice) so I know all about it and what is taught. I had to get away from it all when I started living my own life. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I grew up Catholic. I did all that bullshit and all the first communion, baptism, confirmation, etc. Sunday School. The works. All my family are religious. Are you insinuating I need to go back to know what it's about? Nah. It's the same as it always has been and always will be. And what goes on inside the walls of the church is not even my point. Many people practicing love and all in there are the same who spew their bullshit outside of it but hiding behind their religion and bible. Bible Belt christians are some of the worst people I have encountered. Religious nuts are the worst.

Fair enough.  Many of the best people I know are Christians. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They have got to be pissed that their actions are being broadcast around the world, in real-time in some cases.  Which triggers the snowflakes among them into acting even more shitty in front of the cameras, which perpetuates the image that they are thugs, and so on, and so forth.

And again, just imagine how they are acting when they don't think cameras are on them.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Australia, I’m more ignorant on. I can only think it’s a Brit-Aborigine issue. 

Oh yeah, that is a huge and shocking component sure, but racism is from top to bottom. I feel like if you are white and want to actually see the unfiltered racism that the average US black person experiences, that’s the best place to do There is a staunch 1800’s style premis about racial superiority that lives on culturally and thru the Church. 

I don’t mean to sound like Im trying to offer evidence against your point, rather I’m just saying that unifying Christians can be surprisingly difficult sometimes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Which is ironic because the man they worship believed in none of that at all. In fact, most of them would hate him if he was alive today.

I’ve believed this most of my life. If he was on this planet today, many of his own “followers” would figuratively crucify him again,

Edited by Casual Encounter

5 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Sunlight is the best disinfectant

I would like to think that, but I don't see any officials trying to rein them in.

And something else to consider - they are doing nothing but turning even more people against them.   When they pull these stunts and "light up" folks who are on their private property, who are simply filming, they are pushing a whole lot of people sitting on the fence to get off.  Maybe they join the protest, maybe they vote differently, whatever, the cops are not helping themselves at all with this shit.

Which makes you question the intelligence of these cops.

Friend of mine who did quite a few tours in Afghanistan, commented last night (it was about another video) that when they went through a village, and treated the locals nice, the locals would sometimes tell them later on about activity or IEDs being planted, even point out hideouts and the like.  If his team had acted like some of these cops are acting, the next time somebody planted an IED, the villagers would avoid it, but they wouldn't tell the Americans soldiers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Derka posted that up thread. Chilling. And the curfew rules specifically said you could be outside on your own property.

I would toss out there - that video shows the cops despise the locals.  That's just pure hatred, pure disrespect for private property, for the Constitution, for their elected leadership, and for the taxpayers who are paying their salaries.

It's stunning that we allow these people to remain employed on the public payroll.  If I went around opening despising the people who pay my salary, I'd be fired in short order.

I damn sure wouldn't get bridged to a cushy pension, and the stink would follow me when trying to apply for future jobs in the same industry.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would like to think that, but I don't see any officials trying to rein them in.

And something else to consider - they are doing nothing but turning even more people against them.   When they pull these stunts and "light up" folks who are on their private property, who are simply filming, they are pushing a whole lot of people sitting on the fence to get off.  Maybe they join the protest, maybe they vote differently, whatever, the cops are not helping themselves at all with this shit.

Which makes you question the intelligence of these cops.

Friend of mine who did quite a few tours in Afghanistan, commented last night (it was about another video) that when they went through a village, and treated the locals nice, the locals would sometimes tell them later on about activity or IEDs being planted, even point out hideouts and the like.  If his team had acted like some of these cops are acting, the next time somebody planted an IED, the villagers would avoid it, but they wouldn't tell the Americans soldiers.

Hell yeah, they should definitely vote out the people in charge of their city, that shit is unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

If I had to guess, GTFO my property.

Very likely. Not exactly a racial slur. Even if she was an asshole and did use a racial slur, which I really doubt given the situation, it doesn't justify what they did to her.

& if you were just being sarcastic, then my bad. Didn't read it that way.

Edited by wood

Question for @Brisketexan and the other 98% of Surly who are lawyers.

That NYPD cop flashing the white power sign, he'll probably be identified soon, if he hasn't been already.   Would they go back and look at all of the folks he's arrested?  Because that was incredibly deliberate on his part, and you don't just do such things as a joke in a situation that is, in part, racially-charged.

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Is anyone’s tapa borked when trying to watch tweets? Or even click on them? Brings me to a twitter log in screen and when I enter my shit it tells me the account already exists

I'm not on tapa, but Twitter has been all over the place the past few days for me, at least when I've been using it on the web.  I've got like a dozen accounts for various sites that I manage, but those I handle through an actual client, and they've all been smooth throughout this, granted I'm not reading or posting much on them.    But twitter on the web has been spotty at times for me, even just loading.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Dude kicks the unconscious guy in the head and then immediately take off running. Definition of a pussy. Unreal.

Yeah, but surly doesn’t like the person who posted the video therefore it is misinformation and you should act like it never happened, or something.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

By Tuesday, a press corps could ask 50 people at each of these protests, "Who was George Floyd?" and maybe 10 people in each city (Minneapolis aside) will be able to correctly identify Mr. Floyd.  This has been completely coopted by both sides, as is the wish of our (lack of) national leadership.  Nearly everybody fell for it.  In the absence of a cohesive voice of leadership, we all ran to our conspiracy corners and painted the protests as we saw fit.  First chess move I've seen from those folks in years.  Well played.  

Left wing extremist pieces of shit. Right wing extremist pieces of shit... They all have one thing in common.

• Like 4

Is anyone’s tapa borked when trying to watch tweets? Or even click on them? Brings me to a twitter log in screen and when I enter my shit it tells me the account already exists

Same. The work around is to have Twitter app open and running already then it will redirect properly.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I honestly don’t know what I put at the bottom for the piece of shit chain for humans . White trash or antifa. It changes daily

There’s still people on this planet that own slaves, so maybe look elsewhere, as bad as these two candidates may be.

I have no problem with them taking that dude down. He won a stupid prize.
While I agree with you; I dont agree with how they did it. Which is why most of this shit is happening

They couldn't wait that 1 or 2 seconds it took for them to all show up and surround the car instead...plus not hit him with a nightstick when its 10 or so vs 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

Also, I know it's madness out there right now...but quick note to law enforcement:  First off, use good judgement.  It's your knee-jerk reactions that got us into this mess in the first place. 

Second, let's work on tactics.  I know all hell is breaking loose but in every clip I see, you guys setup a Phalanx like Stephen Hawking hung sheetrock.  

How in the world is beating innocent people and reporters gonna get us over this hurdle?  

Whole sermon today in church was about this. Christianity isn’t compatible with racism. Period. For real change to occur, affluent white Christians have got to lead the charge. 

Don’t count on it. Robert Jeffress much?
Fair enough.  Many of the best people I know are Christians. 

Absolutely. In fact, probably the best, kindest, most dedicated people I know are Christians. And the absolute worst, most evil, cruel people I’ve ever known are “Christians.”
I’ve believed this most of my life. If he was on this planet today, many of his own “followers” would figuratively crucify him again,

100%. Jesus of the gospels is diametrically opposite of the modern American narrative.
Question for [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] and the other 98% of Surly who are lawyers.
That NYPD cop flashing the white power sign, he'll probably be identified soon, if he hasn't been already.   Would they go back and look at all of the folks he's arrested?  Because that was incredibly deliberate on his part, and you don't just do such things as a joke in a situation that is, in part, racially-charged.

Should that happen? Absolutely.
Will it? Absolutely not. Because hero cops. They were on the front lines, saving our lives! How dare you question how they saved us!

Need more of this, IMO.

I have no problem with that.