Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Correspondent on CNN just said, “Atlanta used to call itself the city to busy to hate”.
Don Lemon, “so why is this happening now”
Correspondent, “I don’t know”

I’m not seeing a lot of hate in the Atlanta protests. There’s a lot of emotion and a desire for peaceful change. Not 100% of course.

right 2016(you know 4 years ago) was the dividing line...
Did I say it was the dividing line...it was just the most recent and the least important part of my post

Like others have said this has moved on past Floyd and is a call for change once again....it seems bigger this time so we will see.

12 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Good cops need to speak up and out the bad cops, otherwise, they're also bad cops.

Silence = violence 

But the white peoples havre co-opted that into “white silence = violence” but it starts with good cops saying nothing. 

It won’t happen, but I hope that all these videos of cops doing inexcusable shit -like shooting people on their porch, or pepper spraying while driving down the street- end up getting charged. Just like the violent “protesters” should be when they start destroying things. But you know every cop (or close enough to every cop that is doesn’t matter) is out there looking for opportunities to exercise their “authority!” And do whatever they want without repercussions.
Some of the civic leaders seem to say the right things (like Atlanta mayor I believe), but they need to address the escalating police violence during the protests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

Bad cops need to die. Good cops need to do their job 

edit: I support good cops any day of the week 

No, they need to pay for their crimes. Replace “cops” with “blacks” in your sentence and congratulations, here’s your badge. Don’t be as ignorant as they are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What you see on the news is skewed as hell, because the cameras are where the action is (fires etc), not where people are speaking and marching peacefully. The peaceful demonstrators VASTLY outnumber the troublemakers.

Actually, rage can be it’s own point. It has to be experienced and processed, or repeatedly repressed and denied.

The end result? Cops are as answerable to the law as all other citizens. AND...the culture of PDs has to be gutted, so they don’t do the kind of shit that puts them on the wrong side of the law.

Not watching "news" - watching a dozen or so streamers, seeing good and bad.

Rage is not an objective. We agree to disagree.

Seems like you believe the desired end result is to have the cops privileges taken away. I wouldn't argue about that being the goal, but I will say that such a result seems to me to be incredibly unlikely, for the simple reason that I believe the actual purpose of Police-with-a-capital-P is to keep hoi polloi from bothering their betters, in any way and by whatever means necessary. If the Police are softened, there will be a new Force deployed, probably outside any control by local authorities. 

The protests are doing a great job of disappearing other things going on - maybe that's the real point.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What you see on the news is skewed as hell, because the cameras are where the action is (fires etc), not where people are speaking and marching peacefully. The peaceful demonstrators VASTLY outnumber the troublemakers.

Actually, rage can be it’s own point. It has to be experienced and processed, or repeatedly repressed and denied.

The end result? Cops are as answerable to the law as all other citizens. AND...the culture of PDs has to be gutted, so they don’t do the kind of shit that puts them on the wrong side of the law.

Do you think the stories of videos you see of police misconduct are skewed as well? Do we only see the bad that happens? Or does that just apply to your scenario?

Keep fucking that chicken. Also, all police should be disarmed. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Hmm weird that's not what everyone was saying when Kaepernick did it

Hmm weird, he was doing it while working for a private entity, who didn't want their employees to be doing something.  If he wanted to kneel in front of his home, in front of the San Francisco city hall,  US supreme court, white house, capitol of California, any public place he can do it.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Not watching "news" - watching a dozen or so streamers, seeing good and bad.

Rage is not an objective. We agree to disagree.

Seems like you believe the desired end result is to have the cops privileges taken away. I wouldn't argue about that being the goal, but I will say that such a result seems to me to be incredibly unlikely, for the simple reason that I believe the actual purpose of Police-with-a-capital-P is to keep hoi polloi from bothering their betters, in any way and by whatever means necessary. If the Police are softened, there will be a new Force deployed, probably outside any control by local authorities. 

The protests are doing a great job of disappearing other things going on - maybe that's the real point.

Can you post some links to the streamers please

1 minute ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Minneapolis police chief on CNN right now is full of shit when asked how a guy with 18 complaints against him was still on the force 

Yep. It’s also a concern of mine that the county that allowed that asshole to operate will be trying that same POS with 3rd degree murder. They reluctantly filed charges and are still dragging their feet. It’s very disconcerting. Was hoping for federal charges as well in case MN fucks this up and can’t get a conviction. 

4 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Minneapolis police chief on CNN right now is full of shit when asked how a guy with 18 complaints against him was still on the force 

be interesting to see how his 18 stack up against the rest of the force.

It won’t happen, but I hope that all these videos of cops doing inexcusable shit -like shooting people on their porch, or pepper spraying while driving down the street- end up getting charged. Just like the violent “protesters” should be when they start destroying things. But you know every cop (or close enough to every cop that is doesn’t matter) is out there looking for opportunities to exercise their “authority!” And do whatever they want without repercussions.
Some of the civic leaders seem to say the right things (like Atlanta mayor I believe), but they need to address the escalating police violence during the protests.

The Atlanta mayor fired two cops today who used excessive force last night.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Hmm weird, he was doing it while working for a private entity, who didn't want their employees to be doing something.  If he wanted to kneel in front of his home, in front of the San Francisco city hall,  US supreme court, white house, capitol of California, any public place he can do it.

So I guess marching on a bridge in Selma, Alabama doesn’t get your approval?  GTFO of here with approval for proper venues for protests.  Civil disobedience... it’s called that for a reason. 

• Like 3

A lot of you cats are completely missing the point. You don’t change police behavior by verbally/etc attacking entire police forces. PD union leaders should be taking it in the ass instead of getting to comfortably watch this shit on TV. A lot non murdering cops get away with all kinds of abuse as a result of union pressure on PDs. Shit builds up until a murder eventually detonates it. The court system that relies on cops to churn out convictions is a big problem too. When a productive bad cop shows up in court on charges of abuse, they get the benefit of the doubt...and the union is right there to make sure that happens.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So I guess marching on a bridge in Selma, Alabama doesn’t get your approval?  GTFO of here with approval for proper venues for protests.  Civil disobedience... it’s called that for a reason. 

not if they don't have a permit and blocking a highway is dumb as fuck. GTFO yourself.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

what is going to be done different?  the guy has been arrested and charged with murder.  the feds have been called in already as well which I think was before the rioting started.

I'm thinking its a lot more than 5% being opportunists.

Yeah, just 5% is being incredibly generous. Add a zero and you're probably a lot closer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Not going to be to hard on the NYPD on this one. Had a woman arrested for throwing a Molotov cocktail in a police vehicle with four officers in it yesterday in NYC. 

Cant blame them for not waiting to be surrounded and who knows what else. 

Fuck them. I know people who dated her. Fuck the police. All bad cops need to be tried, judged, and sentenced as traitors to the constitution. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:28 PM, GotThatFire said:

Making it about race will never ever work. You have to acknowledge that these fucking pigs are killing all races and all races have to come together there can be no division. When will people fucking learn I would fix this country in a day if I was president

Shut up Joe...