Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Downtown Austin looks like fun right now. Watching KVUE coverage live of the protests. 

And if they put up another one of those fucking grackles in front of city hall I pray that the hooligans go take care of it, stat.  Homeless dudes will show you how to torch that stupid mascot of Casar's in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

Not watching "news" - watching a dozen or so streamers, seeing good and bad.
Rage is not an objective. We agree to disagree.
Seems like you believe the desired end result is to have the cops privileges taken away. I wouldn't argue about that being the goal, but I will say that such a result seems to me to be incredibly unlikely, for the simple reason that I believe the actual purpose of Police-with-a-capital-P is to keep hoi polloi from bothering their betters, in any way and by whatever means necessary. If the Police are softened, there will be a new Force deployed, probably outside any control by local authorities. 
The protests are doing a great job of disappearing other things going on - maybe that's the real point.

I mean, I assume you are familiar with the need and drive to scream “FUCK YOU” at someone who has treated you like garbage, right?

Rage may not be an objective. Fine. So what? People still express rage, anger, etc. and without some white boarded bullet point plan of action sought. If that’s what a lot of these people are doing, what’s the problem?

Asking what the point is just seems like a useless exercise, BUT...

There are organized group led demonstrations being conducted by people with specific objectives. I am kinda shocked that any average American couldn’t spitball 3 or 4 random “asks” when it comes to the way that some of us are policed.

You/your friends really can’t think of anything that they might want out of this?

give me a fucking break with your bullshit.  you want to kneel kneel. blocking a highway is stupid.

Other things that were “stupid:” marching across the Edmund Pettus bridge, sitting at a white lunch counter, raising a black fist, kneeling.

These are literally in the book on nonviolent civil disobedience. I’m serious, there are books. Listing these exact activities - they inconvenience and annoy (that is, they get the attention of the ruling class), but they are NON violent.
Verdadcivildisobedience01-1.jpg.c31256f401ea56ccd0e83c4bd453c328.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Yep. That’s exactly it. It’s disobeying authority that really pisses them off.
Do you think the stories of videos you see of police misconduct are skewed as well? Do we only see the bad that happens? Or does that just apply to your scenario?
Keep fucking that chicken. Also, all police should be disarmed. 

Well, first, I have literal firsthand experience with the fact that all such incidents are NOT caught on camera. Second...it’s not just the misconduct that’s captured...it’s the fact that the “good cops” don’t stop them. And you know that, you’re just a dissembling piece of shit. A bad cop beats a man. A cop who lets him get away with it is also a bad cop. And they almost always DO back him up.

I can show you 100 videos of nonviolent protesters shouting down and actively stopping assholes up to no good from these events. In a matter of three days, I have seen more instances of simple activist civilians stopping rogue protestors than the number of instances of good cops stopping rogue cops I’ve seen in my entire life.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I think if the protestors were naked it might be more effective than looting or breaking shit. It would be funny watching the networks try to cover that type of protest. Bunch of naked people with masks on and signs. 

A lot of dudes have a problem fighting or trying to restrain another dude who is completely nekkid, especially when that other dude is screaming "you're gonna feel my dick, I'm going to rub it on you!"    A guy can outweigh me by 50-75 pounds, but when I strip down butt-nekkid and start screaming that I'm going to kick his ass and then rub myself all over him, dude was practically tripping all over himself to get out of the bar.

I imagine the cops are the same way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

A guy can outweigh me by 50-75 pounds, but when I strip down butt-nekkid and start screaming that I'm going to kick his ass and then rub myself all over him,

What in the actual fuck?

did I miss some movie reference here?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

How real do you guys think the out of town rioter/agitator angle is?

Is that a topic for a new thread?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/30/george-floyd-protests-riots-violent-outside-agitators-minnesota/5291658002/

35 runs all the way from Texas to Minnesota, didn't you see the footage of all of the skate-boarders slowly making their way to Minnesota?  Hell, some of them will be there in a few weeks.  I'm thinking one should take one of those trucks they use for food trucks, outfit it as a skateboard-repair shop on wheels, and head up there.  Got to be a lot of folks wearing their wheels down.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A lot of dudes have a problem fighting or trying to restrain another dude who is completely nekkid, especially when that other dude is screaming "you're gonna feel my dick, I'm going to rub it on you!"    A guy can outweigh me by 50-75 pounds, but when I strip down butt-nekkid and start screaming that I'm going to kick his ass and then rub myself all over him, dude was practically tripping all over himself to get out of the bar.

2lUsv5O

• Like 1

not if they don't have a permit and blocking a highway is dumb as fuck. GTFO yourself.

Lulz. Make sure you get a permit for your civil disobedience. GTFO. 

Yep....that’s fucking rich.

The people who have been getting buttfucked for centuries by the authorities....should ask the authorities for permission to protest.

The civil rights movement didn’t have a permit to sit at PRIVATE property of segregated lunch counters. They didn’t have a permit to cross the Edmund Pettus bridge. Fuck permits. Fuck asking the very authority system that denies you the most basic protection of the law (like, keeping agents of the state from murdering you) for PERMISSION - to express your anger. Jesus fucking Christ, some of you really don’t even begin to get it, do you?
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep....that’s fucking rich.

The people who have been getting buttfucked for centuries by the authorities....should ask the authorities for permission to protest.

The civil rights movement didn’t have a permit to sit at PRIVATE property of segregated lunch counters. They didn’t have a permit to cross the Edmund Pettus bridge. Fuck permits. Fuck asking the very authority system that denies you the most basic protection of the law (like, keeping agents of the state from murdering you) for PERMISSION - to express your anger. Jesus fucking Christ, some of you really don’t even begin to get it, do you?

Rosa Parks should have asked the bus driver if it was chill if she kept her seat. 

• Like 4

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, rage-a-holic said:

I am zero percent shocked you don't get it.

The verdad thing really threw me off.  I mean, my family is from Mexico...but that seems like a big word.  ;) 

16 minutes ago, scottsins said:

You/your friends really can’t think of anything that they might want out of this?

They? Why not we? Ne'er mind, I think we know.

I can think of many things that are wanting in the world, many of which may be in the goal-set of the Protestors of the last few days, and I'm sure you likely can, as well.

What will need to happen for the Protestors to believe they've won, and to stop protesting? Assuming the protests are successful, that is... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1978horn said:

Don’t know if it has already been mentioned, but wondering if this could go on for awhile. More than the usual few weeks. With 40 million unemployed what else are they going to do.

They are bringing George Floyd's body back to Houston.

That's going to be a little tense.

42 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Protests in Atlanta have been peaceful the last couple of nights. 9pm curfew which the cops and national guard have enforced have helped. Overall I think city leadership and the protesters have done a good job here. 

There was some looting and unrest downtown here in SA last night so they put in a 6pm curfew. 

plus, it’s raining tonight so, you know, not the best weather for rioting. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm not willing to believe that's real, because that's incredibly stupid if it is.

But it would not surprise me if that's what some of them think - the unions exist only to protect cops, not to make sure the cops protect the citizens.

I mean ... it could be real, but if that's a hack, it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Holy shit. Spike Lee made a short film comparing the murders of Eric Garner and George Floyd with the very similar murder of Radio Raheem in Do The Right Thing. Fucking powerful. 

This parallel universe we’re in is like a move about a pandemic written by Spike Lee.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:31 AM, NorthLoop said:

I mean... if you like run down shitholes that never change or upgrade anything. Lots of towns in east Texas like that. SA is just them on a bigger scale, with less white people. 

Booo this man....booo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Other things that were “stupid:” marching across the Edmund Pettus bridge, sitting at a white lunch counter, raising a black fist, kneeling.

These are literally in the book on nonviolent civil disobedience. I’m serious, there are books. Listing these exact activities - they inconvenience and annoy (that is, they get the attention of the ruling class), but they are NON violent.

Yep. That’s exactly it. It’s disobeying authority that really pisses them off.

Well, first, I have literal firsthand experience with the fact that all such incidents are NOT caught on camera. Second...it’s not just the misconduct that’s captured...it’s the fact that the “good cops” don’t stop them. And you know that, you’re just a dissembling piece of shit. A bad cop beats a man. A cop who lets him get away with it is also a bad cop. And they almost always DO back him up.

I can show you 100 videos of nonviolent protesters shouting down and actively stopping assholes up to no good from these events. In a matter of three days, I have seen more instances of simple activist civilians stopping rogue protestors than the number of instances of good cops stopping rogue cops I’ve seen in my entire life.

excellent please post them.  this is the definition of "I know a guy".  there are about 1000 fatal police shootings a year in a county of 330M people.  there aren't a ton of bad/rogue cops.  almost all are good cops.  the dumbass cop in Minnesota is going down for murder.  he's a bad cop.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It's obvious, they want a war. They have their overstock military equipment and have been itching to use it.

This is going to get ugly.

I don't think it's that extreme.  I think some want that, they are thriving on it, getting off on it, but as a whole, there's no way they'd last long at all if serious shit really went down - like I said earlier, while my speciality was not infantry, I learned enough in basic training and in training exercises not to do a lot of the stupid shit I see these cops doing - they keep breaking out of their ranks in 1s and 2s to target specific protestors.  They keep isolating themselves from their buddies, and they are relying on the fear of the crowd and that their fellow cops will get to them, and they aren't checking the windows above them.  As a matter of fact, the lack of situational awareness a lot of these cops are displaying is pretty staggering, for a group of people that is supposed to be paranoid - they are running into situations on pure adrenaline, without even seeing if somebody is standing there with a weapon.  Plus, they don't have the numbers they think they do, not even close.  We've already seen videos of them being overrun and having to be rescued by protestors.

Minneapolis has 800 cops on the payroll, for a city of 500,000.  And the National Guard is not going to take things as far as some of the psychopathic cops are willing to do, because the governor and feds do not want that on their hands.

And speaking of that, if it ever reached that point where the local Barney Fifes bust out their big toys and start mowing down civilians, you will see a lot of careers ending, with various officials, from the city possibly up to the state depending on the makeup of the state and how big the city is.

I do agree with you that some want this though, and they are getting a little bit of a release by fucking up protestors, shooting innocents, etc.

• Like 3