Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

The best part of KTLA's coverage is that about every 15 minutes the chick anchor will give out wrong info ("I'm not sure why they're looting a Petsmart") and the other anchor smoothly drops a 'Jane, you ignorant slut' correction ("That's actually an El Super grocery store.")

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

whatever, you should get out there and be mayor so you can really change shit.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't need to run brisket for Mayor, or even for the city council (although I think we could get him more votes than fit lump), because the looted businesses and those affected by the thieves/vandals/etc. would get together and lean hard on the mayor and city councils to rein the police in long before any elections, and put procedures in place that don't lead to blatant murders caught on cell phone videos.  Because it's in their best interest to get the police to get their shit together and not fuck up so badly to the point where people protest in such numbers, that helps the thieves/anarchist types run rampant.

Things like the Dallas cop taking shots at innocent folks, while he's got cops in front of and behind him, and the Denver cop who shot the guy filming him in the face, while surrounded by 15-20 cops on that truck - that's an institutional problem.  Same with the "Light em up" cops in Minneapolis.  They give no fucks that they have just created a lot more people who are angry at them, both  locally, and online.  Hell, it feeds their martyr complex.

I'd like to think that people will try and hold their local officials more accountable.   

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Alright, I'm old, I'm slow, and I'm out of touch...wtf is a "clack, or clack American"? 

Brisket meant to write "black Americans" but mistyped it as "clack Americans."

Kris Clack was a McDonald's All-American from Anderson High who played hoops for Tom Penders at UT during the mid 90s.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Brisket meant to write "black Americans" but mistyped it as "clack Americans."

Kris Clack was a McDonald's All-American from Anderson High who played hoops for Tom Penders at UT during the mid 90s.

Thanks...so I'm not taking crazy pills...yet ..or am I?

Say what you want about the blandness of living in exurbia and suburbia, but I'm sure glad to not be worried about my neighborhood or vehicles going up in flames these last few days. I can't even imagine and hope people have good insurance living in urban city centers.

Say what you want about the blandness of living in exurbia and suburbia, but I'm sure glad to not be worried about my neighborhood or vehicles going up in flames these last few days. I can't even imagine and hope people have good insurance living in urban city centers.

These days I’m like that with pretty much all concerts, sporting events, and riots. TV coverage and replays are so much better anyway.

Of course there’s something to be said about being there sometimes too. Raider fans are gonna be like- “Man this makes me think how much I’m going to miss those home games”...after they get through looting Oakland.

• Like 1

You can't really block highways to protest.  People complain about the rioting and looting, and the other side's response is, "Is the damage worse than taking a life?" The problem is when you're blocking highways, you can and are costing lives.  There are nurses in home health care that take administer to people on ventilators, and give out medication to those that need it.  My wife took care of a woman for 5 years that was a quadriplegic, without someone there to watch the patient and give her meds she was at high risk.  There's also the fact blocked traffic means ambulances aren't getting through to the hospital when there's a critical situation.  I'm sure there's plenty of other situations that are similar, but the bottom line is blocking traffic on the highway isn't providing a solution, it's creating more problems and putting lives at risk.

• Like 5

They need better organization with specific end goals. All of these emotional rants don’t convince anyone to change their mind. Most people want the Minnesota cop charged with nothing less than manslaughter. Most people don’t like or trust cops. You destroy your coalition when you create more racial tension in your messaging, and then the militant/criminal faction of your group goes looting, destroying property, beating civilians up, defacing landmarks...

What is the end game? End racism? That is unrealistic and these types of riots and protests only harden the sentiments of racist people, I assume, while also bothering the shit out of a lot of moderates. Is the goal to force all PDs to wear body cams 24/7? That might be doable and lead to more justice after the fact. Is the goal to never preemptively kill a minority again? Is that achieved by less policing in areas with higher crime or with a greater frequency of killed cops who have to keep their gun holstered an extra 10 seconds? Neither of those options seem acceptable, but will gun and drug crime decrease out of solidarity if a new state or federal policy is implemented to force cops to never draw weapons or only at the last second?

Petition for universal body cams and the end to immunity for PDs and individual officers from legal and civil action. Those are tangible goals that could see a tremendous reduction in police brutality. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The end game is treat all citizens with respect and professionalism as a LE officer, especially after they are apprehended and subdued..

Your second sentence is killing me  rolling my eyes; as if there needs to be something else said or  demonstrated to convince anyone.  Your mind is still wavering on whether or not the situation was totally unacceptable for society as a whole when the guy was murdered by 4 cops?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Really? A cop isn’t a bad cop until....he murders someone? What about all the cops who lie on the stand, make up charges, just beat people (but hey, they stop before they’re dead!)...and it keeps going? And this is the important part - ALLL THE OTHER COPS WHO KNOW and let them get away with it.

Shit, the very example you’re pointing to had one murderer...and three cops who watched him do it, and didn’t stop him. Literally every cop on the scene let him do it.

I think I’ve heard this argument before: Islamic terrorists vs. peaceful Muslims. We’ve just switched parties on the outrage.

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

The end game is treat all citizens with respect and professionalism as a LE officer, especially after they are apprehended and subdued..

Your second sentence is killing me  rolling my eyes; as if there needs to be something else said or  demonstrated to convince anyone.  Your mind is still wavering on whether or not the situation was totally unacceptable for society as a whole when the guy was murdered by 4 cops?

That’s not what I meant, but there is a supposition that must be fueling the protestors’ rage towards civilians like every MAGA, or GOP voter, or white person who looks like they might vote GOP supports the cops in Floyd’s killing. I don’t know anyone who sided with the cops, and that newspaper poll supports that. There is near solidarity in the neutering of cops and curtailing bullshit murders, beatings, arrests, and low level hassling. 

4 hours ago, Wyatt Mann said:

Ah cool. Character assassination of the dead to justify the end result of the brutality of police officers has begun. Shocked it took this long.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ah cool. Character assassination of the dead to justify the end result of the brutality of police officers has begun. Shocked it took this long.

You knew it was going to happen, it always does.  He did the crime, did the time, and seemed to have turned his life around.  Fuck people for bringing up shit from years ago.  

47 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ten bucks this sock or bot tweets out “all lives matter” but black guy...

I have a friend from Minnesota.  Here’s his take:

So, I've got the dirt on Minneapolis police situation.  Mayor Frey asked for more police because Minneapolis is in a severe shortage.  The city council did not approve the move because they thought "police are part of the problem" .  They become bigger parts of the problem when you can't suspend any of your officers for misbehavior because you are too short-staffed to do so.  Not to mention that Klobuchar refused to discipline officers involved in shootings, but convicted officers for minor offenses with minor penalties just to get her name in the paper and act like she was doing something.

If that is true, wow.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, I've got the dirt on Minneapolis police situation.  Mayor Frey asked for more police because Minneapolis is in a severe shortage.  The city council did not approve the move because they thought "police are part of the problem" .  They become bigger parts of the problem when you can't suspend any of your officers for misbehavior because you are too short-staffed to do so.  Not to mention that Klobuchar refused to discipline officers involved in shootings, but convicted officers for minor offenses with minor penalties just to get her name in the paper and act like she was doing something.

If that is true, wow.

There’s been other posts pointing out Klobuchar has refused to prosecute cops in the past for misdeeds. I believe it came to light last week or the week before. Basically blew her shot at veep as a result, is the general consensus. That certainly doesn’t work contrary to your post. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

If that is true, wow.

Sounds similar to what my friend told me who lives there. Apparently there’s some majorly hostility between the third precinct(one that burned) and the mayor. Apparently they refuse to patrol hot crime spots and downtown which has gotten notoriously more dangerous over the last handful of years. DT Minneapolis was bad ass back when i was in my drinking prime, sucks to hear it’s gone down hill because of politics. Friend said the police chief probably let the 3rd burn because they refused to do their job when called upon.

Don’t take that for gospel but there’s def tension between LE and the mayor
  • Like 1

LOL at you guys talking about how a crowd on I-35 stopping traffic is dangerous as if that terrible ass road ever goes more than 5 MPH through downtown on a normal day.

Though I'd have preferred they protested on Mopac just to watch some Tarrytown NIMBY's squirm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

LOL at you guys talking about how a crowd on I-35 stopping traffic is dangerous as if that terrible ass road ever goes more than 5 MPH through downtown on a normal day.

Though I'd have preferred they protested on Mopac just to watch some Tarrytown NIMBY's squirm

There haven't been any normal days in almost three months. I have taken 35 to work downtown every day and you can almost drive as fast as you'd like. 

The economic impact is going to be big, so in that sense the looters and rioters and even the third party anarchists are actually being really effective. Just look at the markets and by the time it’s said and done the damage and toll will rival a medium sized hurricane.

Just now, Rougarou said:

The economic impact is going to be big, so in that sense the looters and rioters and even the third party anarchists are actually being really effective. Just look at the markets and by the time it’s said and done the damage and toll will rival a medium sized hurricane.

Whatever it takes to get someone's attention.

That's how I feel at this point.  There is too much on the line / in the balance not to get it right.

Be the nation we say we are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I moved a bunch of posts on how to fix the police to a new thread.

It was a good discussion and I didn't want to delete, but this is not the place for it.

Please place your ideas for fixing the police in this thread

Fair enough.  Just note the conclusion -- we aren't going to go with any of them, because we don't want to.  We LIKE the way law enforcement works, and have affirmatively chosen that path, repeatedly.  The enemy is us.