Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Guest Lobo
11 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Bob Kroll and the MPD union finally break a week of radio silence. File this under T for tone deaf. 

Bob Kroll's "tone" is about as on key as Marlee Matlin doing Axl Rose night at Japanese Karaoke Night

19 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Bob Kroll and the MPD union finally break a week of radio silence. File this under T for tone deaf. 

And that....that shit...is why we are fucked.  

The cops are doubling and tripling down.  They WANT this fight.  Because they WANT us to end up where they think we belong -- under their heel.  

This is an enemy occupation military force, and they need to be expelled.

• Like 1

Jesus that dude is a complete piece of shit and things like this:

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/04/24/defying-demands-of-mayor-frey-free-training-offered-to-mpls-officers/

in which he defied the mayor and gave the police "warrior training" to "help them get home safe" is sickining.

Shit like that leads directly to the "incident" the other day.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The cops are doubling and tripling down.  They WANT this fight.  Because they WANT us to end up where they think we belong -- under their heel.  

In some ways I take this as a positive. That guys letter should be making a majority of Americans, who have watched these riots the last few days, go WTF that is your response!? 

The letter is something tangible and clearly shows where some of the systemic problems we see arise from. We should be able to fix this. That guy needs to lose his job and lose any authority to dictate or influence any type of policy.

State and Local authority figures need to single out this attitude and line of thinking toward the people who live in the community police officers are sworn to protect.Make it clear this is helping perpetuate the problem.

I mean the letter is crazy. The frikin guy has the audacity to post in writing Floyd's past as if it somehow condones his murder.

• Like 1

Reminds me of that HPD Poindexter union chief after the "drug raid".

59 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The economic impact is going to be big, so in that sense the looters and rioters and even the third party anarchists are actually being really effective. Just look at the markets and by the time it’s said and done the damage and toll will rival a medium sized hurricane.

Good. Nothing else has worked, might as well try this one out.

Im not pro-looting but a riot can have impact. Unfortunately young white males have commandeered that aspect.  

Edited by The Ace of Aces

51 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

So it's a political organization. One would expect at least half of any group of people to be of a different political view. That is concerning.

Edited to avoid a CR issue, despite the fact that this statement includes a direct political message

Edited by 'stache

9 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Say what you want about the blandness of living in exurbia and suburbia, but I'm sure glad to not be worried about my neighborhood or vehicles going up in flames these last few days. I can't even imagine and hope people have good insurance living in urban city centers.

We have multiple friends who live downtown.   To say they are rethinking things is an understatement.   One of them was already considering it, since they bought their condo before they had kids, but they got really nervous about the possibility of fires/etc. and spent the night in a hotel this weekend.  Those animals starting the fires do not give one fuck about if they spread or not.

7 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

You can't really block highways to protest.  People complain about the rioting and looting, and the other side's response is, "Is the damage worse than taking a life?" The problem is when you're blocking highways, you can and are costing lives.  There are nurses in home health care that take administer to people on ventilators, and give out medication to those that need it.  My wife took care of a woman for 5 years that was a quadriplegic, without someone there to watch the patient and give her meds she was at high risk.  There's also the fact blocked traffic means ambulances aren't getting through to the hospital when there's a critical situation.  I'm sure there's plenty of other situations that are similar, but the bottom line is blocking traffic on the highway isn't providing a solution, it's creating more problems and putting lives at risk.

Even when there are protests, never ever rely on I-35 in an emergency.  Ever.

Posting purely for news content of the info, tweets in spoiler.

TL:DR - president calling for governors to "dominate" and that "You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again".

This is going to continue to escalate.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, John Lawrence said:

10 years seems light for arsonists.

very difficult to determine who the arsonists are during this type of chaos. i'd suggest rounding up all of the black people and sorting out the transgressions later. America is under ATTACK, and the enemy is really fucking scary.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

very difficult to determine who the arsonists are during this type of chaos. i'd suggest rounding up all of the black people and sorting out the transgressions later. America is under ATTACK, and the enemy is really fucking scary.

Not that hard with cameras and social media everywhere.  And the arsonists, looters and vandals come in all colors (well, not many Asians or Indians).  I get you want to make cracking down on them racial, but it really isn't.  Plenty of white dickheads who live in mom's basement need to spend time in prison.

End the drug war and release non-violent drug offenders.  You have plenty of free space for arsonists, looters, and vandals.

25 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Posting purely for news content of the info, tweets in spoiler.

TL:DR - president calling for governors to "dominate" and that "You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again".

This is going to continue to escalate.

Reveal hidden contents

i have no problem with this for instigators whose sole interests are rooted in creating chaos.  the standard needs to be definitive proof of organizing for rioting's sake devoid of any intention to voice a protest against the current matter at hand.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Whoever is sending bricks to these areas needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  Shouldn’t be too hard to find out who is responsible.

Construction companies? These places are the downtowns of major metro areas. There are always piles of bricks and other materials around, because that's how you build stuff. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We have multiple friends who live downtown.   To say they are rethinking things is an understatement.   One of them was already considering it, since they bought their condo before they had kids, but they got really nervous about the possibility of fires/etc. and spent the night in a hotel this weekend.  Those animals starting the fires do not give one fuck about if they spread or not.

Coronavirus and rioting is going to kill the demand and appeal for greater density in urban cores. You are already seeing in CRE with reinvigorated demand for space in suburban office parks. As someone who loves downtowns, this shit sucks. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2

Construction companies? These places are the downtowns of major metro areas. There are always piles of bricks and other materials around, because that's how you build stuff. 
How often do you see pallets of bricks not covered or secured in the middle of sidewalks in metro downtown areas?

I worked in DT Houston for a decade and cant ever recall seeing that
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Not that hard with cameras and social media everywhere.  And the arsonists, looters and vandals come in all colors (well, not many Asians or Indians).  I get you want to make cracking down on them racial, but it really isn't.  Plenty of white dickheads who live in mom's basement need to spend time in prison.

End the drug war and release non-violent drug offenders.  You have plenty of free space for arsonists, looters, and vandals.

Pretty sure based solely on who posted, his tongue was firmly planted in cheek.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Coronavirus and rioting is going to kill the demand and appeal for greater density in urban cores. You are already seeing in CRE with reinvigorated demand for space in suburban office parks. As someone who loves downtowns, this shit sucks. 

I asked this months back, but I think I might be right that cities are going to slow down in growth.

Yes, you're right. No construction company would ever cut corners and take the cheap, lazy way out. No company ever drops off unsecured construction items for the crew to use later, knowing full well no one is going to mess with those items, outside of the rare downtown riot. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 5

Just now, workswithseed said:

I asked this months back, but I think I might be right that cities are going to slow down in growth.

well, the reality is that corps haven’t needed 50,000 sqft office buildings for 15 years. This is certainly a change that economics will help make permanent imo

Just now, mdmost said:

Oh shit. FRISCO'S CITY MANAGEMENT IS IN ON THIS! Antifa has infiltrated suburban governments!

Great job, detective. Now please explain where all the bricks are coming from in all of the videos online?

Again, piles of construction bricks don't just sit uncovered in the middle of urban cores on streets and sidewalks. They are typically fenced in on construction sites...

• Fuck You 2

The great construction materials conspiracy is amazing.

Can you imagine the years of permits, revision and site plan review they had to go through to get them hidden in plain site like that for this moment? Antifa is even more organized than I thought. I just wish they would adopt a broader design language than VMU because it's not contextually appropriate in a suburban setting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stone oak said:

Great job, detective. Now please explain where all the bricks are coming from in all of the videos online?

Again, piles of construction bricks don't just sit uncovered in the middle of urban cores on streets and sidewalks. They are typically fenced in on construction sites...

Oh, are they?