Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Interesting article: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/police-are-killing-fewer-people-in-big-cities-but-more-in-suburban-and-rural-america/

Police shootings are down in urban areas but up in suburban and rural areas.

That's because we are suburbanizing poverty through exclusionary zoning. 

• Like 1

Just now, Armybrat said:

Got enough scrap lumber to build a stout workbench in the garage of my first house... 1971, IIRC.

Ha. I once took a ream of nails from a construction site when i was kid in the 80s. I'm lucky Fox and Jacobs didn't crucify me on the studs of the frame. 

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

i have no problem with this for instigators whose sole interests are rooted in creating chaos.  the standard needs to be definitive proof of organizing for rioting's sake devoid of any intention to voice a protest against the current matter at hand.  

You have to address the problem that created the situation for the instigators to run in and start shit.  These people are cowards - the instigators don't just start rampaging on their own, they need crowds marching/milling around, and they need cops that are distracted (such as guarding the police station) so that they've got cover to do what they want to do.  Once things go to complete shit, they can be brazen about it.

Busting heads deals with the instigators, but it doesn't prevent the initial conditions (the crowds) that allow the instigators to run wild in the first place.

And because you get a bunch of overzealous cops looking to bust the instigators, they are going to be a lot more indiscriminate - witness the cops firing on innocent people in Minneapolis, Dallas, Denver.  That's going to lead to more people getting really fucking pissed off at the cops, and it's going to perpetuate all of this stuff.

That last bit is a parallel problem - Atlanta is busting cops who treat protestors like shit, and supposedly Portland is going after the cop who pepper-sprayed the little girl.  Social media easily identified him, even though he refused to give his badge number, and even though his badge number was covered, but that's for the fixing the police thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GopherRock said:

Bob Kroll and the MPD union finally break a week of radio silence. File this under T for tone deaf. 

So after a black guy was murdered, the union trash-talks the shit out of the police officers bosses, and tries to bring in something the black guy did over 10 years ago in another state.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Sounds similar to what my friend told me who lives there. Apparently there’s some majorly hostility between the third precinct(one that burned) and the mayor. Apparently they refuse to patrol hot crime spots and downtown which has gotten notoriously more dangerous over the last handful of years. DT Minneapolis was bad ass back when i was in my drinking prime, sucks to hear it’s gone down hill because of politics. Friend said the police chief probably let the 3rd burn because they refused to do their job when called upon.
Don’t take that for gospel but there’s def tension between LE and the mayor

For a group of people who want to act like they are in the military, they sure as fuck could use some actual military discipline.  

Soldiers that go around issuing press releases trash-talking their superiors, and who refuse to carry out their orders tend not to have a very long career in the military.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

Jesus that dude is a complete piece of shit and things like this:

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/04/24/defying-demands-of-mayor-frey-free-training-offered-to-mpls-officers/

in which he defied the mayor and gave the police "warrior training" to "help them get home safe" is sickining.

Shit like that leads directly to the "incident" the other day.

Calling Bob Kroll shit is an insult to shit. 

For those of you who don't know of his long and sordid history, City Pages has gladly put it all together for you. 

1 hour ago, stone oak said:

Great job, detective. Now please explain where all the bricks are coming from in all of the videos online?

Again, piles of construction bricks don't just sit uncovered in the middle of urban cores on streets and sidewalks. They are typically fenced in on construction sites...

Actually they do here in Austin.  They put in some new sidewalks in our neighborhood, and while that was dragging on, they left stacks of those red bricks with the knobs (for blind pedestrians) on every block.  And ironically, they left some of them on the fucking sidewalk, so you had to step into the street.   People had to bitch to get them to move them.

And this was a neighborhood not far from the Texas School for the Visually Impaired.

And when they were fucking up Shoal Creek near the hospitals, they were leaving stacks of the same bricks around, although they were aware enough to keep them off the sidewalk.

And don't get me started on downtown Austin.  So much construction, and so many materials left laying around, that you had to dodge as you duck into those flimsy wooden sidewalk tunnels that wouldn't stop shit from falling on you.

Just now, SDG said:

not sure if posted but good on who ever ordered a second autopsy.   

Not a great look for the police medical examiner who strongly implied pre-existing medical conditions and drug abuse were the cause of death and not the boot on Floyd's neck.

• Like 4

Watching live video online from Philadelphia and looters are trashing like 7-10 cop cars that were parked. Just smashing them to shit and stealing bullet proof vests and other things (haven't seen any weapons) out of them. I guess Philly PD just saying "Fuck it". After all it's just taxpayers that will buy them newer, more tactical cars anyway.

I was hoping that the woman that was handed the brick from the car driving by would have said "Oh?  You want me to throw bricks?  Ok.  I'll throw this brick" and commence to smash it through the car's windshield.  

Edited by BottleRocket
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BottleRocket said:

I was hoping that the woman that was handed the brick from the car driving by would have said "Oh?  You want me to throw bricks?  Ok.  I'll throw this brick" and commence to smash it through the car's windshield.  

Same here 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Calling Bob Kroll shit is an insult to shit. 

For those of you who don't know of his long and sordid history, City Pages has gladly put it all together for you. 

This could backfire spectacularly.  Some of these police departments have unions that are going so hard in the paint on defending straight-up murder, that they are liable to get mayors/city councils elected who will start cleaning house and changing police procedures.

Bob Kroll does not seem very smart.  This is not a battle he will win.  If only he had played video games for a few hours, he'd know there are times you are going to have to sacrifice some teammates if you want to save your ass and win the war in the end.

And if he wanted to try and play the strike game, it will just piss everybody off even more.

• Like 2

At this point, if I was advising the City of Minneapolis, I would be looking at compiling the evidence for terminating the contract with the police union, potentially using the defenses for such early termination as impossibility of performance (the conduct of the PD has rendered it impossible for them to effectively serve as a police department of Minneapolis), failure of essential purpose, and similar issues.

The relationship between the city and the police union is untenable.  Shit, at this point, take the penalty for the breach.  And fight it until the contract expires, so they can't force the remedy of specific performance.  Then, when it comes time to renegotiate, clean fucking house.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cool.  I live in a country where the military is actively looking to [checks notes] "mass and dominate the battle space."

Cool, that's cool.  Great place we are.  Are we great again?  Is this what being great again looks like?  I'm a bit unclear on that.

• Like 5

SecDef is framing the National Guard deployment into domestic neighborhoods and communities as "dominating the battlespace". 

Spoiler

More people are going to die. The decision makers are using nothing but escalating rhetoric and backing cops at every turn.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Not a great look for the police medical examiner who strongly implied pre-existing medical conditions and drug abuse were the cause of death and not the boot on Floyd's neck.

Hail hydra. 
it’s the entire CJ system. Lawyers seeking convictions at all costs including hiding and fabricating evidence, judges signing off on ridiculous warrants, the ME as above, cops planting drugs and guns and lying on the stand, etc. all one big circle jerk of mischief. 

adding the private prison system funding such shenanigans and taking money per inmate from us taxpayers. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Captainant said:

SecDef is framing the National Guard deployment into domestic neighborhoods and communities as "dominating the battlespace". 

Reveal hidden contents

More people are going to die. The decision makers are using nothing but escalating rhetoric and backing cops at every turn.

I can't remember if I'm supposed to reply or not reply with "Urine Idiot"....

There’s been a line of shit stains that started in Fargo Saturday night, Then Sioux Falls last night and how convenient Omaha is a few hrs south of SF. Could get ugly in Omaha tonight

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Ultimately, if I am the folks in charge, I leave it to the Grand Jury to decide if there are going to be charges. 

• Like 1

Probably better asked on the stupid Facebook thread but...

this is supposedly a screenshot of msnbc on top and world war z on bottom. It’s apparently circling the fake news types as an example of propaganda. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4I7QaZc8FG1svpL82T9O

the msnbc portion is fake, right? Or out of context because they did use that shot as an instance of life imitating art?

14 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

After questioning from a reporter, Kleine admitted that Gardner’s concealed carry permit had expired but said they did not plan to charge him in connection with that.

After questioning from a reporter, Kleine admitted that Gardner’s concealed carry permit had expired but said they did not plan to charge him in connection with that.

tenor.gif?itemid=4412618

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Ultimately, if I am the folks in charge, I leave it to the Grand Jury to decide if there are going to be charges. 

I dunno about that. Been a Grand Juror a couple of times, talked with others who have been at other times. Far's I can see, Grand Jury does whatever the DA wants.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4412618

I know, right? Why not let the Grand Jury decide if there are enough charges.  At a minimum, seems like he should be charged with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I know, right? Why not let the Grand Jury decide if there are enough charges.  At a minimum, seems like he should be charged with that.

In the big scheme of things, an expired permit isn’t that big of a deal unless cops just want to be a dick. The holder has already had a background check and completed required training. Plus, this charge wouldn’t move the needle for public/family perception.