Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

At this point, if I was advising the City of Minneapolis, I would be looking at compiling the evidence for terminating the contract with the police union, potentially using the defenses for such early termination as impossibility of performance (the conduct of the PD has rendered it impossible for them to effectively serve as a police department of Minneapolis), failure of essential purpose, and similar issues.

The relationship between the city and the police union is untenable.  Shit, at this point, take the penalty for the breach.  And fight it until the contract expires, so they can't force the remedy of specific performance.  Then, when it comes time to renegotiate, clean fucking house.

I’m 12 hours behind here, but state offices in MN are closed all week. Holy fuck. Texas closed today, at least SOS did. I think the others did too (shit it’s really late I am talking about Monday). What a clusterfuck.

3 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. The premise that any American news network is presenting the news without first applying a heavy slant one way or the other is ludicrous at best.

Disagreed.  Comedy Central was pretty neutral in their coverage.

• Like 1

@blacklab so this one is off the rails so motion to just go ahead and move it to Cloak Room. DT covid thread is now fine since none of them are posting there anymore.  Nobody is. Maybe they all died from covid.

ithink I had to go through 7 pages to find out basically nothing happened tonight. Well there was a fire, and it was last night. But I already knew that. And Penelope lives in NYC.

8 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, question.  I thought being an asshole and calling assholes assholes was part of the surly mantra.  Are we going the way of whale cunt?  I thought threats of violence were the only posts that got one banned, outside of the no politics rule.   Just want a little clarity. 

8 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Shut up, asshole. Martial law has been declared. Deal with it!

8 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

There is a thread in About The Board dealing with this issue. Long and short is that @blacklab and @immamac don't want too much personal back and forth (or at least is my understanding). More asshole calling than usual in these parts. I suspect if I were to call someone an asshole in a random football or recruiting thread then it would be as ok as it normally is, but for better or worse these are different threads.

For example, even that in that thread it is pretty kosher to call female posters cunts with fat asses and all is cool. But this thread is different.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.gif

• Like 1

Yeah...what’s really off is that there doesn’t even look to be a march or anything - it’s literally JUST organized looting. So, like the exact thing the police SHOULD be acting to stop. WTF? Why are they sitting on their hands? What’s the motivation?

It’s a helluva catch, that catch 22.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

9 year old got maced in Seattle 

Is there video? Link? Or are we referring to the parents who took their kid to a protest and likely caught some overspray?

6 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. The premise that any American news network is presenting the news without first applying a heavy slant one way or the other is ludicrous at best.

I haven’t watch any major news network for many years for this exact reason. It’s disgusting how hard they work to divide us.

• Like 3

New York and DC are such a fucking disaster. I can’t imagine wanting to open a business in either of those places after watching this. And there is nothing that can be done to stop the looting/rioting at this point (Outside of military intervention) because it’s been shown they can get away with it now for almost a week. Do these dumbshits not have kids or something? Bedtime is not bedtime if you don’t enforce it.

Times like these I am glad to be an employee and not an owner/sole proprietor. I think businesses were going to slowly recover from covid, but this shit will have a forever impact on a lot of small business owners.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

New York and DC are such a fucking disaster. I can’t imagine wanting to open a business in either of those places after watching this. And there is nothing that can be done to stop the looting/rioting at this point (Outside of military intervention) because it’s been shown they can get away with it now for almost a week. Do these dumbshits not have kids or something? Bedtime is not bedtime if you don’t enforce it.

Times like these I am glad to be an employee and not an owner/sole proprietor. I think businesses were going to slowly recover from covid, but this shit will have a forever impact on a lot of small business owners.

What branch of the military?  Are you advocating for active duty or just guard?

Guard troops, local police and a clear plan should be plenty to stop this.  And we’ve seen video where actual dialog and engagement with the protestors keeps them calm and in some cases actively stopping looters.  If you treat the protestors mobs with some dignity and actually talk to people, it seems to minimize their anger which frees up resources to more actively address the dumbass vandals/looters...maybe tear gassing them, shooting them point blank with tear gas canisters and pepper spray is not how to get a large crowd on your side.  

A guardsman with an ancient M16 and one mag of ammo should be plenty to stop the serious looters/vandals.  Hell regular cops with a 9mm and vest should be plenty.  

Deploying active duty soldiers on our own soil with modern equipment, many probably battle hardened with possible PTSD, seems like overkill that’ll lead to something even worse happening.  They don’t need Apaches, Bradley’s, mortars, ma deuces, etc run by guys who’ve seen real combat to stop a handful of 20-somethings...that’s just insane.  

• Like 1

Here is a good read about how de-escalation keeps protesters and police safer; sadly many of those in a position of power to implement this have no inclination to do so whatsoever (NSIAP)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/de-escalation-keeps-protesters-and-police-safer-heres-why-departments-respond-with-force-anyway/

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

New York and DC will be fine.  They’ll still be two of the most desirable places to live and businesses will gladly operate there.  Maybe, like the virus outbreaks, the densest cities with the broadest cross section of people living on top of each other have higher susceptibility to these kinds of problems.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Isn't that the dude from the Mask?

I think he was also the strip club owner from Showgirls with Jessie Spano.

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

What branch of the military?  Are you advocating for active duty or just guard?

Guard troops, local police and a clear plan should be plenty to stop this.  And we’ve seen video where actual dialog and engagement with the protestors keeps them calm and in some cases actively stopping looters.  If you treat the protestors mobs with some dignity and actually talk to people, it seems to minimize their anger which frees up resources to more actively address the dumbass vandals/looters...maybe tear gassing them, shooting them point blank with tear gas canisters and pepper spray is not how to get a large crowd on your side.  

A guardsman with an ancient M16 and one mag of ammo should be plenty to stop the serious looters/vandals.  Hell regular cops with a 9mm and vest should be plenty.  

Deploying active duty soldiers on our own soil with modern equipment, many probably battle hardened with possible PTSD, seems like overkill that’ll lead to something even worse happening.  They don’t need Apaches, Bradley’s, mortars, ma deuces, etc run by guys who’ve seen real combat to stop a handful of 20-somethings...that’s just insane.  

I do not know the answer to advocate for, it seems every potential solution has drawbacks for one group or another. I don’t even like using the term protestors in my comments because there is a clear distinction between all the shitheads and the people out just holding signs and marching and yelling.

Crying over spilled milk at this point and the cat is out of the bag, but clearly the actions of some cities has been better than others thus far. Enforcing the curfew aggressively, and separating the two groups would go a long way. 

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Here is a good read about how de-escalation keeps protesters and police safer; sadly many of those in a position of power to implement this have no inclination to do so whatsoever (NSIAP)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/de-escalation-keeps-protesters-and-police-safer-heres-why-departments-respond-with-force-anyway/

It's not in the best interest of the police to deescalate. They need violence to pop off, so that they can swoop in and justify their existence, and then ask for more funding for more body armor and tanks next budget cycle. At this point it's a monster that exists only to be fed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Sucks that you have a pencil dick 

There’s at least three posters who’ve come out of the woodwork with low rep/count that mostly stick to this thread or start immediately jumping into the CR fray.  Seems like this happens regularly when major divisive events are underway.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Sucks that you have a pencil dick 

It’s important in times like These that we try to walk a mile in a cop’s shoes. And understand that they have stubby pencil dicks and are just overcompensating 

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Bumping this because it's so good.  Seems to me like a certain amount of rioting is inevitable, and fighting it only makes it worse.  You about gotta let it run its course.  I say that as a ard core "law and order" person, and I see that has only escalated it night over night for the past week.

41 minutes ago, elfenix said:
9 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
Looters just hit one of my local wine and liquor stores. Fuck them.

Ftr: all companies with cutesy ampersand names need to be destroyed

Wrong.gif

food_SaltAndTime17_7.jpg

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Did anyone actually get "ran over" here?  Did I miss it?  Fucking crybabies. What do they expect someone to do when a mob of angry people surround your car?  Sit there and risk getting windows broken, drug out and beaten?  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Keep hearing police sirens. This is what all has been going on within 10-15 blocks of my house over the last 24 hours.

9d4397a86f407208a5883fa6986f5ede.jpgb9c91027a8235ede04b9c8fbada56a1e.jpg629ec8caf611e809ef3c039d987d8d3e.jpg84cf5a032f1151e6ec3853bc0de6126f.jpgef685e0e0f7e961e2fe5909eaeb063e0.jpgd940ca3ce82bb3e0c6aaacfcb6dede3c.jpg6a023abe79423affa3fc03da20456778.jpg

Hey you're not too far from The Jeffery.  I nominate The Jeffery for the next Surly Happy Hour.