Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

There's been a lot of bogus rumors going around about Antifa/White Nationalists/People's Front of Judea heading to suburb X, Y, and Z tonight, but that may be the direction some of this is headed.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2020-06-01/unrest-emerges-in-neighborhoods-suburbs-beyond-city-centers
Unrest Emerges in Neighborhoods, Suburbs Beyond City Centers

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/at-least-2-killed-60-arrested-amid-unrest-in-suburban-cicero/2282359/
At Least 2 Killed, 60 Arrested Amid Unrest in Suburban Cicero

https://www.foxnews.com/us/antifa-arrests-coming-riots-suburbs
Antifa arrests coming, concerns over riots heading to suburbia, government source says
Agitators behind the rioting that has paralyzed the country over the past week want to move into more suburban areas, a government intelligence source has told Fox News.
Much of the worry stems from the notion that many in well-armed, suburban, and rural neighborhoods won't hesitate to exercise their Second Amendment rights and elevated anxieties could lead to heavy confrontation...

...Several analysts pointed to places that have served as something of "testbed" locations – including Madison, Wis., which was ransacked Saturday night, along with quiet pockets of Charleston, S.C...

...Intelligence sources pointed out that indictments have been building for some time, and a close examination of funding revenues remains under the microscope. While Antifa operates as something of a leaderless militant wing, sources closely engaged in the matter said that there are identifiable top brass driving and inciting criminal activity.
"These are smart people, educated people and it runs like a cell right out of the anti-fascist tradecraft books of Europe in the 1970s, it doesn't have a head or hierarchy, but it has a lot of local leadership," the government insider explained. "The local apparatus has very good intelligence capabilities, but where their weaknesses are is in communication and using apps that allow for large group chats."
An NYPD source, who was not authorized to speak on the record, concurred that fears were escalating in suburban pockets of New York state following a rash of rumors pertaining to looting starting there.
"People in other places like Suffolk County are worrying, preparing for the worst," said the source. "There is just a lot of confusion and fear."
Moreover, the group's "electronic communication" shows that they plan where to show up and typically arrive at pre-determined locations on bikes.
While Antifa is alleged to be playing a prominent role in the chaos – prompting [edit: somebody somewhere] to announce plans to label them a terrorist organization – on the other end of the spectrum, right-wing radical groups are also believed to be stoking the fires and capitalizing on the calamity.
Twitter said Tuesday that it had suspended the account of a white supremacist group for spreading discord and disinformation across the social media platform, using the "Antifa_US" umbrella and threatening to go into the "white hoods."
Furthermore, law enforcement officials have also stressed that much of criminal activity and stealing is also stemming from opportunistic individuals with no greater intention than to steal and wreak havoc, with no broader ideological leanings....

Worry? What worry?

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

People who peacefully protest no one gives a fuck and are ignored by those in power. Someone loots a Target and there's an immediate reaction. Violence is proven as the only thing the public respects. So what did you think was going to happen?

Yeah.  See Gandhi and MLK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Cajun-------Yes, I suppose that's true.  I always thought Reagan was good enough to get up to the A-list studio list.  But nope, he traded that angst for a SAG leadership position.  And away he went.  I always loved that man.  /noCR.     csb/  my cousin was one of only a handful of non-family members invited to both Ronald and Nancy's private funerals.  But I once questioned the ability of a stupid man to shit on our constitution and I've been regularly banned from this site ever since.  I love being told what I have as a value set by people who've only recently discovered their enabler for ignorance.  

Reagan was acting when we was up against 70-90% income tax rates for his bracket.  He limited film because he didn’t want to get into those brackets.  

6 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Oh bullshit.  The people committing the violence and looting aren’t protesting. They’re using the protests as a cover for their activity. 

no no no, its much more complicated and nuanced than that but only a few in the world have the mental capacity to understand such complex social workings.

41 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Somebody here earlier said it was a desirable place to live, along with DC.

Lmao

I said that.  I said NYC and DC will continue to be a desirable place for many to live, and the city will recover.  Your ass may not want to, and at 40 with two kids I don’t want to...but just take a look at housing prices in those places to see the country isn’t full of people who think like you.  

So laugh all you want chucklefuck, it don’t change the facts.  

Edited by Homercles

I said that.  I said NYC and DC will continue to be a desirable place for many to live, and the city will recover.  Your ass may not want to, and at 40 with two kids I don’t want to...but just take a look at housing prices in those places to see the country isn’t full of people who think like you.  

So laugh all you want chucklefuck, it don’t change the facts.  

Take the L. It was a stupid ass line. Very desirable these last 4 months.

And the housing prices? What do you mean? For 400k I can get a 2bed 2bath with a small ass yard built in 1925?

59 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but your post makes me want to go throw bricks at the nearest Goyard store, whatever that is.

No, you actually do not mean that in the nicest way possible, but I will excuse you being an asshole because that is what we are all known for.  Know this, it is family owned (has rebuffed takeover attempts by LVMH/Hering for ages) and maintains all its production (including fabric/leather working and hardware) in its workshops in France (Carcassonne I believe).  They beleive in maintaining all aspects of production inhouse and eschew e-commerce.  It is definitely a throwback.

• Like 5

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'll defer to your expertise, but I would hazard a guess that there might some sort of Bar infraction in there. Sternly worded tribunals to come. 

Dude, they're done.

They will never be attorneys in this country again.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

I just saw this circulating around earlier this afternoon, it's infuriating to see a respected  leader of the community go out like that. David Dorn was murdered by looters, they don't give a fuck about men of color.

His black life sure as shit didn't matter to them, did it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

There's been a lot of bogus rumors going around about Antifa/White Nationalists/People's Front of Judea heading to suburb X, Y, and Z tonight, but that may be the direction some of this is headed.

You are quoting a Fox News article, whose target audience is one person (see the CR for who that is).

There's a couple of problems with them moving this into the suburbs.

The first, as the article mentions, plenty of homeowners will come out bearing arms.    These rioters are fucking cowards - they aren't confronting armed cops for the most part (unless they are cornered), they are using the crowds as shields, and they are using a lack of armed cops (who are tied up elsewhere) to do what they want.  They also don't come out doing this stuff on this scale, unless there are protests to hide behind.  And homeowners are going to be concerned about the lives of themselves and their families.  So shit will go to 11 fast.

Second, the suburbs are not easy places for the rioters to escape and they do not want to be caught - it's not a city core where you can get out of site within a few blocks if somebody comes after you, and where the cops are tied down to protecting certain structures.  Most of those suburbs have bottlenecks of sorts at some point as well.  Running through people's backyards over fences wears you out really fucking fast, and your chances of being confronted by somebody who is armed and within their right to kill you goes way up.

Finally, and this maybe should have been the first, the rioters need the protestors to actually move into the outer suburbs, which means moving away from the city administrative and law enforcement centers, which is not what the protestors want.   It's getting into the summer,  they aren't going to march miles down roads/highways, they can't drive en masse into the suburbs, there aren't buses running out there, and again, it's a bunch of bottlenecks that make it easy to prevent them from walking/whatever.   Plus, they send more of a message concentrated around city administrative and law enforcement centers, than scattered around in suburbs.

There are groups on both sides that want to take the fight into the suburbs - the boogaloo idiots who want their race war that Bosa mentioned, and the hardcore anarchist types.

But they are still going to run into a shitload of us who are armed and won't tolerate much when it comes to our families.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Was sitting by my window wondering why their was a helicoptor hovering outside.  Protest marching up 1st Avenue.  All very peaceful.  NYPD walking with them.  No issues that I could see.

The only issue I see (from a week and half ago) is they are outside. 

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

No, you actually do not mean that in the nicest way possible, but I will excuse you being an asshole because that is what we are all known for.  Know this, it is family owned (has rebuffed takeover attempts by LVMH/Hering for ages) and maintains all its production (including fabric/leather working and hardware) in its workshops in France (Carcassonne I believe).  They beleive in maintaining all aspects of production inhouse and eschew e-commerce.  It is definitely a throwback.

yeah but its on Madison Ave and I'm sure its run by 1%ers who didn't build that. lucky fucks.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

But they are still going to run into a shitload of us who are armed and won't tolerate much when it comes to our families.

I don't know where it all began, but it ends with this

Amen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

You are seeing this in a couple of places. They get it.

Police in Fayetteville, North Carolina, made a surprising move Monday during a tense stand off with protesters seeking justice in the case of George Floyd, who died after being restrained by police in Minneapolis.

All 60-plus officers knelt before the marchers on Murchison Road.

Video of the moment had been viewed more than 14,000 times on Twitter and got 15,000 reactions on Facebook as of Tuesday morning.

That's awesome.  I hope that's the start if some real change for the people of Fayetteville.  I wish that could happen in more places.

5 hours ago, John Lawrence said:

This chick is going hard in the paint

Is that Taylor Swift?

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Anyone hear anything re: the condition of that cop who got run over in NYC last night?

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Serious but stable with injuries to leg and back, or something like that.

I think it was Buffalo, not NYC.  Either way, hopefully the injuries are not permanent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Was sitting by my window wondering why their was a helicoptor hovering outside.  Protest marching up 1st Avenue.  All very peaceful.  NYPD walking with them.  No issues that I could see.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2020-06-01/unrest-emerges-in-neighborhoods-suburbs-beyond-city-centers

Unrest Emerges in Neighborhoods, Suburbs Beyond City Centers

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/at-least-2-killed-60-arrested-amid-unrest-in-suburban-cicero/2282359/

At Least 2 Killed, 60 Arrested Amid Unrest in Suburban Cicero

https://www.foxnews.com/us/antifa-arrests-coming-riots-suburbs

Antifa arrests coming, concerns over riots heading to suburbia, government source says

Agitators behind the rioting that has paralyzed the country over the past week want to move into more suburban areas, a government intelligence source has told Fox News.

Much of the worry stems from the notion that many in well-armed, suburban, and rural neighborhoods won't hesitate to exercise their Second Amendment rights and elevated anxieties could lead to heavy confrontation...

...Several analysts pointed to places that have served as something of "testbed" locations – including Madison, Wis., which was ransacked Saturday night, along with quiet pockets of Charleston, S.C...

...Intelligence sources pointed out that indictments have been building for some time, and a close examination of funding revenues remains under the microscope. While Antifa operates as something of a leaderless militant wing, sources closely engaged in the matter said that there are identifiable top brass driving and inciting criminal activity.

"These are smart people, educated people and it runs like a cell right out of the anti-fascist tradecraft books of Europe in the 1970s, it doesn't have a head or hierarchy, but it has a lot of local leadership," the government insider explained. "The local apparatus has very good intelligence capabilities, but where their weaknesses are is in communication and using apps that allow for large group chats."

An NYPD source, who was not authorized to speak on the record, concurred that fears were escalating in suburban pockets of New York state following a rash of rumors pertaining to looting starting there.

"People in other places like Suffolk County are worrying, preparing for the worst," said the source. "There is just a lot of confusion and fear."

Moreover, the group's "electronic communication" shows that they plan where to show up and typically arrive at pre-determined locations on bikes.

While Antifa is alleged to be playing a prominent role in the chaos – prompting [edit: somebody somewhere] to announce plans to label them a terrorist organization – on the other end of the spectrum, right-wing radical groups are also believed to be stoking the fires and capitalizing on the calamity.

Twitter said Tuesday that it had suspended the account of a white supremacist group for spreading discord and disinformation across the social media platform, using the "Antifa_US" umbrella and threatening to go into the "white hoods."

Furthermore, law enforcement officials have also stressed that much of criminal activity and stealing is also stemming from opportunistic individuals with no greater intention than to steal and wreak havoc, with no broader ideological leanings....

Suburban whites scared, news at 11.

• Like 2