Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Estimated at 60,000 people in downtown houston today

That’s an impressive crowd. Pretty incredible.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/george-floyd/watch-live-george-floyd-family-members-join-an-estimated-60000-people-for-march-in-his-memory/285-55284292-3321-4bc0-b8b5-9bec89c426ed

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

It’s where the jobs, business industries etc. are. It’s the same reason DFW is overrun with out of staters. And it’s not because they dreamed of the Metroplex. 

Go to Teterboro, White Plains, Morristown, Philly NorthEast, Martin State, Dulles and probably a few others I’ve neglected on Friday afternoon and you’ll find most of the super wealthy people you think love the NE so are getting the fuck out of the NE on the nearest available private jet. 

Usually to that bastion of culture and fine living known as Florida. 

Man I didn’t say they loved the NE, and I bet it’s <0.1% that actually have the means to ‘commute’ like that.  I was just saying that despite the incredibly awful combination of riots and covid, that it’ll continue to be a place millions flock to because, like you said, that’s where the jobs and people are.  Homeboy there was saying because he doesn’t want to live there, that it’s a terrible place in general to live to start a business...basically projecting his views onto the rest of us like he speaks for the ‘everyday citizen’.  

NYC and DC will continue to be in high demand, despite the riots or high prevalence of covid, that’s all I’ve been saying.  Using an example of the ultra rich who fly out every weekend to lay at their beach house doesn’t really neglect that.  

42 minutes ago, Deej said:

FB_IMG_1591138569925.jpg

Ok. Lol. I’ve been on a frickin rant all day because most of these people on social media will put out some quotes by black leaders, black out their profile pics and call it a day.

Get off your ass and do something. Donate to the innocence project, food bank, tutor kids in the inner city, volunteer for meals on wheels or CASA, write to your city council and make sure they are keeping police accountable. Help CPS. Support teachers in the impoverished school districts but damn, stop your GD virtue signaling.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Tom Herman to the riot courtesy phone:

Protester is definitely not Dylan Haines.

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

What does fuck 12 mean?

Damn it! I told them to paint 12th man!

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

How come “one bad cop doesn’t mean they’re all bad” not apply to protestors? 

Who on here is saying all protesters are bad? I’m guessing you won’t answer.

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

what?

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/retired-police-captain-shot-to-death-at-st-louis-pawn-shop-in-slaying-caught-on/article_d482138c-0224-5393-bd87-9898bebb3fd1.html

Several people on social media said they watched a broadcast on Facebook Live that showed the shooting at the pawn shop. A member of the Ethical Society of Police said the group is aware of the broadcast. One of those who saw it is state Rep. Rasheen Aldridge, D-St. Louis. He told the Post-Dispatch that he was shaken by it. 

"Very traumatized right now," he said in a message to a reporter.

Edited by Chad

11 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

It’s where the jobs, business industries etc. are. It’s the same reason DFW is overrun with out of staters. And it’s not because they dreamed of the Metroplex. 

Go to Teterboro, White Plains, Morristown, Philly NorthEast, Martin State, Dulles and probably a few others I’ve neglected on Friday afternoon and you’ll find most of the super wealthy people you think love the NE so are getting the fuck out of the NE on the nearest available private jet. 

Usually to that bastion of culture and fine living known as Florida. 

Personally it’s Hooks for me and sadly it is usually to Florida. The economics of flying there vs WY is better (time and $$$). 

200.gif

10 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Ok. Lol. I’ve been on a frickin rant all day because most of these people on social media will put out some quotes by black leaders, black out their profile pics and call it a day.

Get off your ass and do something. Donate to the innocence project, food bank, tutor kids in the inner city, volunteer for meals on wheels or CASA, write to your city council and make sure they are keeping police accountable. Help CPS. Support teachers in the impoverished school districts but damn, stop your GD virtue signaling.

• Like 3

The Fulton County DA charged 6 Atlanta PD officers who tazed and pulled two black college students out of their car over the weekend. The college students did nothing wrong and were just in their cars slowly driving behind another car. That's a nice quick response to police brutality caught live. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The Fulton County DA charged 6 Atlanta PD officers who tazed and pulled two black college students out of their car over the weekend. The college students did nothing wrong and were just in their cars slowly driving behind another car. That's a nice quick response to police brutality caught live. 

Good.  The tape should tell the story. And if the tape wasn’t running, fire them immediately and charge them. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I'm getting word that our old buddy Art Acevedo is getting some interesting treatment right now by an Antifa pasty gangsta.

Can't wait to see the vids.

I got cursed hard by two friends last night because they are close friends with Art.  And I brought up “at least they didn’t tape her”

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, John Lawrence said:

I’m backing out though.  This kind of discussion even on stats will lead to cloak rooming.  My last post on this subject.  

So you've made a post that you yourself admit is starting a Cloak Room discussion, then you're running away from your post because.. you don't want cloak rooming?

Does anything about that seem off to you? You know your post is the start of a CR discussion, yet you still post it, complain about the Cloak Room, then run away.

By almost any definition, that's called trolling. I suppose if you don't like trolling, as an alternative, we could call it being a little bitch.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

So you've made a post that you yourself admit is starting a Cloak Room discussion, then you're running away from your post because.. you don't want cloak rooming?

Does anything about that seem off to you? You know your post is the start of a CR discussion, yet you still post it, complain about the Cloak Room, then run away.

By almost any definition, that's called trolling. I suppose if you don't like trolling, as an alternative, we could call it being a little bitch.

I didn’t start it.  I responded to it.    And I don’t want any more substantive posts on it here because it’s cloak room that doesn’t belong here.  

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, John Lawrence said:

I didn’t start it.  I responded to it.    And I don’t want any more substantive posts on it here because it’s cloak room that doesn’t belong here.  

If you don't want people to respond to a post you made then why the fuck did you make it?  This might be the worst example of a hypocritical bitch move on this entire thread, and that's really saying something.

"I'm allowed to post something that I freely admit is a Cloak Room post, but nobody respond to it because I hate Cloak Room posts!"

Why do you feel like you're above the rules and everyone else should follow them?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It’s called self policing, Brad. He made a mistake, admitted he was wrong, and said he wouldn’t continue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If you don't want people to respond to a post you made then why the fuck did you make it?  This might be the worst example of a hypocritical bitch move on this entire thread, and that's really saying something.

"I'm allowed to post something that I freely admit is a Cloak Room post, but nobody respond to it because I hate Cloak Room posts!"

Why do you feel like you're above the rules and everyone else should follow them?

I’m going to place you on ignore because I don’t want to go down this road.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I am sure mr. floyd's ex wife is hurting, for herself and her daughter, but the issue with fatherless families is not police killings, criminal or otherwise.

Right. They're in prison. In large part because of a racist criminal justice system.

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

It’s called self policing, Brad. He made a mistake, admitted he was wrong, and said he wouldn’t continue.

Okay.

So we're allowed to make Cloak Room posts as long as within the Cloak Room post itself we say "this is a Cloak Room post, nobody respond, and I won't make any more"?

That's what you're rolling with? Really?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

Just now, John Lawrence said:

I’m going to place you on ignore because I don’t want to go down this road.  

What road? The one where you acted like a child who thinks he's above the rules? I wouldn't think you would want to go down that road. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, leaf said:

Dude, let it go.

Hey look, a poster with 67 posts, almost all in the Cloak Room or in politically charged Daily Texan threads, defending another poster with 85 posts, almost all in the Cloak Room or in politically charged Daily Texan threads, while at the exact same time a 366 post poster who posts solely in the Cloak Room and politically charged Daily Texan threads is following me around negging me. And they all happen to post the exact same talking points on the exact same threads.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Okay.

So we're allowed to make Cloak Room posts as long as within the Cloak Room post itself we say "this is a Cloak Room post, nobody respond, and I won't make any more"?

That's what you're rolling with? Really?

It was a follow up post and he was saying he wouldn’t continue after the follow up. Have a drink Brad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

It was a follow up post and he was saying he wouldn’t continue after the follow up. Have a drink Brad.

It's all right here in one post. 

"This data that I'm literally posting in this very post is going to start a Cloak Room discussion, but let me post it anyway then back away"

You should have a few less (fewer). It's a Tuesday.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

There is an insane amount of racism floating around on social media right now. What's disheartening is that most of it is coming from young people. My naive ass used to think that once the olds die off things would get better, but it's so evident it's not. 

I believe it will be better in a political sense - I think enough whites will be convinced of the existence and need to tackle institutional issues. But dumb individual stuff? No, that's never going away. Great grandsons and daughters of the confederacy in suburban Atlanta are going to be that way for a long time.

Edited by gmr548
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

There is an insane amount of racism floating around on social media right now. What's disheartening is that most of it is coming from young people. My naive ass used to think that once the olds die off things would get better, but it's so evident it's not. 

I used to think the same thing. It's never going to go away. It's all over. I know some think racism only exists in the south but that's far from the truth. New England area comes to mind. The old people will die off with their racism. But guess who raised their kids and then those kids raised their kids, etc. That shit rarely skips generations. Racism is learned from your environment. I do not believe kids are born racist. It's learned from family as they get older.  I have no idea how this will ever go away. Because the powers in place seem to be covertly and overtly racist to some form. And they keep passing that down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I used to think the same thing. It's never going to go away. It's all over. I know some think racism only exists in the south but that's far from the truth. New England area comes to mind. The old people will die off with their racism. But guess who raised their kids and then those kids raised their kids, etc. That shit rarely skips generations. Racism is learned from your environment. I do not believe kids are born racist. It's learned from family as they get older.  I have no idea how this will ever go away. Because the powers in place seem to be covertly and overtly racist to some form. And they keep passing that down.

Racism is all over. The North and Midwest are just as bad if not worse. But the WORLD is really bad. Europe is shockingly racist. We just don’t see it because we live in our bubble. And I also don’t mean to say oh everyone is racist, it’s not a US problem. We definitely have a problem and need to address it. I just think people are blind to how fucked up the world is at times. People see differences and get scared. People form teams and circle the wagons. It’s what humans do. That’s fine when it’s a sports team, but bad when it’s race. Because these behaviors are learned. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Hey look, a poster with 67 posts, almost all in the Cloak Room or in politically charged Daily Texan threads, defending another poster with 85 posts, almost all in the Cloak Room or in politically charged Daily Texan threads, while at the exact same time a 366 post poster who posts solely in the Cloak Room and politically charged Daily Texan threads is following me around negging me. And they all happen to post the exact same talking points on the exact same threads.

Nothing to see here.

Do I have enough rep to meet your standard of negging?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's all right here in one post. 

"This data that I'm literally posting in this very post is going to start a Cloak Room discussion, but let me post it anyway then back away"

You should have a few less (fewer). It's a Tuesday.

Board Beating Brad, apologize to your wife Karen for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Racism is all over. The North and Midwest are just as bad if not worse. But the WORLD is really bad. Europe is shockingly racist. We just don’t see it because we live in our bubble. And I also don’t mean to say oh everyone is racist, it’s not a US problem. We definitely have a problem and need to address it. I just think people are blind to how fucked up the world is at times. People see differences and get scared. People form teams and circle the wagons. It’s what humans do. That’s fine when it’s a sports team, but bad when it’s race. Because these behaviors are learned. 

For sure. I was not trying to infer it is just a USA problem. Racism is definitely all over and has been apart of the world since the early times. Humans love to separate in groups and fling shit at other groups.

But I am only worried about what we can do here to make any ounce or progress. The other countries don't worry me because I do not live there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Man I didn’t say they loved the NE, and I bet it’s <0.1% that actually have the means to ‘commute’ like that.  I was just saying that despite the incredibly awful combination of riots and covid, that it’ll continue to be a place millions flock to because, like you said, that’s where the jobs and people are.  Homeboy there was saying because he doesn’t want to live there, that it’s a terrible place in general to live to start a business...basically projecting his views onto the rest of us like he speaks for the ‘everyday citizen’.  

NYC and DC will continue to be in high demand, despite the riots or high prevalence of covid, that’s all I’ve been saying.  Using an example of the ultra rich who fly out every weekend to lay at their beach house doesn’t really neglect that.  

Jobs etc are there and some town have their charms at different times of the year. My point about the wealthy is that those with the wherewithal get out as quickly and as often as they can. Most often to West Palm or Naples. 

56 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I believe it will be better in a political sense - I think enough whites will be convinced of the existence and need to tackle institutional issues. But dumb individual stuff? No, that's never going away. Great grandsons and daughters of the confederacy in suburban Atlanta are going to be that way for a long time.

and Boston and Philly

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yeah but its on Madison Ave and I'm sure its run by 1%ers who didn't build that. lucky fucks.

Actually, the original store is on Rue St. Honore in Paris which is where it has been for ages and ages.  The Manhattan store is actually on E63rd between Central Park and Madison.  It is a quiet residential street, and the shop takes up the first two floors of the townhome.  FYI, for those on the looting.  They did not hit every store.  They only hit those that had high resale value.  As I said, planned and opportunistic.

• Like 2