Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Carcassonne.... we were supposed to visit there after our tour of England in 2018, but we got no further than London where Mrs, Brat went splat in the crypt at St. Paul’s, breaking her arm badly.

Our English friend who has a farm house in Chaillac had booked a hotel booked there for a couple of nights.

Once Coronavirus is over, I want to take a week in Paris, and then hit the Southwest, including Carcassonne.  I have heard the Southwest is absolutely stunning.  I have been to Uzes, which is Languedoc, but almost Provence, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS.  Texas hot in the summer too.

• Like 1

Racism is worldwide.  Here’s a newsflash.  Most ethnic groups are distrustful of those outside their ethnic group.  Blacks, whites, Asians, middle easterners, whatever.  It’s an age old problem and it isn’t going away anytime soon unfortunately.  Let’s not pretend it’s a new thing.  There are many many factors that go into perpetuating it including both sides of American politics for their political gain. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I used to think the same thing. It's never going to go away. It's all over. I know some think racism only exists in the south but that's far from the truth. New England area comes to mind. The old people will die off with their racism. But guess who raised their kids and then those kids raised their kids, etc. That shit rarely skips generations. Racism is learned from your environment. I do not believe kids are born racist. It's learned from family as they get older.  I have no idea how this will ever go away. Because the powers in place seem to be covertly and overtly racist to some form. And they keep passing that down.

Yeah, I was shocked at some of the language I heard in Columbus in 2005.  

And yes, racism is learned.  People aren’t born racist. 

The Fulton County DA charged 6 Atlanta PD officers who tazed and pulled two black college students out of their car over the weekend. The college students did nothing wrong and were just in their cars slowly driving behind another car. That's a nice quick response to police brutality caught live. 

Atlanta Mayor and Chief of Police ain’t nothing to fuck with

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah this is bullshit.  You just clearly made it up. 

If we are going to generalize, Han Chinese are hard to beat when it comes to racist attitudes from my experience: unfortunately, it’s prevalent everywhere dude. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

And if you believe your response to me you’re clearly full of shit. 

You are citing no sources, no research to the claim of “most racist are distrustful outside their own ethnic group.”  Do you know how dumb that sounds?  Citing a claim with no evidence?

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I am sure mr. floyd's ex wife is hurting, for herself and her daughter, but the issue with fatherless families is not police killings, criminal or otherwise.

I believe his daughter is an adult. He didn't to move to Minnesota until fairly recently.  

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

If we are going to generalize, Han Chinese are hard to beat when it comes to racist attitudes from my experience: unfortunately, it’s prevalent everywhere dude. 

That has nothing to do with what he was saying, and that’s not hard to comprehend. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Wow this thread went to shit.

How are the protests looking tonight? Atlanta seems pretty quiet judging by the lack of local news coverage. I can’t stand the cable news channels so I’m not sure what’s going on elsewhere.

Everything on Twitter shows the Dallas one was very peaceful tonight compared to last night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You are citing no sources, no research to the claim of “most racist are distrustful outside their own ethnic group.”  Do you know how dumb that sounds?  Citing a claim with no evidence?

Not to thread jack but I there’s been research that indicates bias at the very least. 
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/busting-myths-about-human-nature/201607/we-re-all-bit-racist

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I used to think the same thing. It's never going to go away. It's all over. I know some think racism only exists in the south but that's far from the truth. New England area comes to mind. The old people will die off with their racism. But guess who raised their kids and then those kids raised their kids, etc. That shit rarely skips generations. Racism is learned from your environment. I do not believe kids are born racist. It's learned from family as they get older.  I have no idea how this will ever go away. Because the powers in place seem to be covertly and overtly racist to some form. And they keep passing that down.

Our society, the persistence of segregation within it, and the hierarchical nature of the messages it sends to our kids does a lot to teach them racism almost by osmosis.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I believe his daughter is an adult. He didn't to move to Minnesota until fairly recently.  

sure she might be.  I just made the statement that I am sure she is hurting for herself and her daughter(regardless of what age she is). It has to be devastating.  the joy reid statement in the tweet was that the point his ex wife made was police brutality takes away black fathers, and then black people are scolded for having fatherless families.  

police brutality taking away fathers(meaning killing) isn't the issue with fatherless families.  there are about 1000 total police killings a year.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That article is about implicit bias which is not the claim he was making without evidence. But thanks. 

The comment was about ethnic groups distrusting those outside their own which the article addresses.   

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Take the L. It was a stupid ass line. Very desirable these last 4 months.

And the housing prices? What do you mean? For 400k I can get a 2bed 2bath with a small ass yard built in 1925?

Lmao, no.  Triple that.

• Like 1

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/hundreds-of-nyc-looters-to-be-cut-loose-without-bail/

More than 400 people were awaiting arraignment in Manhattan criminal court Tuesday afternoon for allegedly looting stores Monday night — and most will likely be cut loose without bail because of the state law passed earlier this year, a court spokesperson said.

By 4 p.m., a majority of the 400 people arrested were awaiting arraignment and most will be hit with a felony burglary charge for which bail cannot be set, meaning they will be released, New York State Court spokesperson Lucian Chalfen said in an email...

...“But when it comes to a burglary, which is a commercial store, which is looting, they’re back out,” he said.

“Because of bail reform, you’re back out on the street the next day. You cannot be held on any sort of bail. I spoke to (Manhattan District Attorney) Cy Vance about that. He told me there was nothing he could do,” he added.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said at a press conference Tuesday morning that about 700 people were arrested during widespread looting in Manhattan and the Bronx....

We are all born with the tribal instinct to some degree.  It’s part of our evolutionary biology as a social species.  Like all instincts, it’s stronger in some than in others.   That instinct can be encouraged or discouraged.   Saying that racism is 100% a learned behavior ignores this.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Looks like NYC continues to be a shitshow but less of a shitshow than last night

What am I missing?  I am seeing that they turned away the protestors on the Manhattan Bridge (they told people to stay out of Manhattan).  I saw that someone looted Eataly, but not seeing a lot of other things.  Also, police alerts not going apeshit like they did last night.

31 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/hundreds-of-nyc-looters-to-be-cut-loose-without-bail/

More than 400 people were awaiting arraignment in Manhattan criminal court Tuesday afternoon for allegedly looting stores Monday night — and most will likely be cut loose without bail because of the state law passed earlier this year, a court spokesperson said.

By 4 p.m., a majority of the 400 people arrested were awaiting arraignment and most will be hit with a felony burglary charge for which bail cannot be set, meaning they will be released, New York State Court spokesperson Lucian Chalfen said in an email...

...“But when it comes to a burglary, which is a commercial store, which is looting, they’re back out,” he said.

“Because of bail reform, you’re back out on the street the next day. You cannot be held on any sort of bail. I spoke to (Manhattan District Attorney) Cy Vance about that. He told me there was nothing he could do,” he added.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said at a press conference Tuesday morning that about 700 people were arrested during widespread looting in Manhattan and the Bronx....

Yeah, this makes me fucking angry.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Apparently not all the brick stories were hoaxes:

I think it's a fair assumption at this point that if any tactic or conspiracy theory gets enough coverage we will see it in action. Plastic tubs of rocks are different in my opinion from neat stacks of bricks adjacent to construction projects

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, this makes me fucking angry.

whats another arrest for felony buglary. it will never go on your record. who cares.  they won't adjudicate all these looters and they know it. its pretty much free reign until they get tired or they don't have enough places to put the stuff.

• Like 1

Unbelievable. 

SIAP.

Richmond police chief says rioters blocked firefighters from burning home with child inside - https://go.shr.lc/36YaTuf

“Last night, protesters intentionally set a fire to an occupied building on Broad Street,” Chief Smith told reporters Sunday. “This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to over the last two days, but they prohibited us from getting on scene. We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. Protesters intercepted that fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.

“Officers were able to—,” he said, pausing to regain his composure. “Officers were able to help those people out of the house. We were able to get the fire department there safely.”

After pausing again to gather himself, Chief Smith continued, “When you take a legitimate issue and hijack it for unknown reasons, that is unacceptable to me, it’s unacceptable to the Richmond Police Department, unacceptable to the city of Richmond. … We have people from across the country who have traveled many states to be here. We know that this is an organized effort. We’re committed to try and identify those that are behind it. And we’re doing our very level best to arrest those that are perpetrating the violence on our community, and our city, and our citizens.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

whats another arrest for felony buglary. it will never go on your record. who cares.  they won't adjudicate all these looters and they know it. its pretty much free reign until they get tired or they don't have enough places to put the stuff.

Why would felony burglary NOT go on your record?  The fuckers hitting last night caused tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage through either stolen items or pure vandalism.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Like 1

Felony charges are nothing?

For everyone on this site that would be something pretty sinister.

I think the point of the story is that they aren’t held. Not that they won’t be prosecuted?

Or am I being daft?

• Like 1

Just now, huge said:

Felony charges are nothing?

For everyone on this site that would be something pretty sinister.

I think the point of the story is that they aren’t held. Not that they won’t be prosecuted?

Or am I being daft?

IMO they won't adjudicate a bunch of those, but it is possible that they likely will get pleaded down to a misdemeanor just to avoid a bunch of court costs and backup.

I wonder if they can keep people who don't live in NYC.

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Why would felony burglary NOT go on your record?  The fuckers hitting last night caused tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage through either stolen items or purse vandalism.

I just think they won't prosecute all of them.  just too many.  I could very well be wrong though.  we'll see.  they shouldn't let out of staters go though.

Just now, dcar00 said:

I just think they won't prosecute all of them.  just too many.  I could very well be wrong though.  we'll see.  they shouldn't let out of staters go though.

Fuck that.  They should absolutely prosecute them, especially if they were caught red handed.  There cannot be no consequences to actions.  I would probably be a little less upset if this were not roving gangs of criminals doing this.  This shit last night had NOTHING to do with the protests.  The protests during the day have been very peaceful.  There was NO protest on Madison or E 63rd last night at 2AM.  Make stupid decisions, fuck you.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck that.  They should absolutely prosecute them, especially if they were caught red handed.  There cannot be no consequences to actions.  I would probably be a little less upset if this were not roving gangs of criminals doing this.  This shit last night had NOTHING to do with the protests.  The protests during the day have been very peaceful.  There was NO protest on Madison or E 63rd last night at 2AM.  Make stupid decisions, fuck you.

here's to hoping. 

37 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

We are all born with the tribal instinct to some degree.  It’s part of our evolutionary biology as a social species.  Like all instincts, it’s stronger in some than in others.   That instinct can be encouraged or discouraged.   Saying that racism is 100% a learned behavior ignores this.  

It's not a learned behavior.  It's instinctive.  It takes reasoning to overcome.  If that reasoning is engaged to overcome it.  It can be engaged to encourage it.

39 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Apparently not all the brick stories were hoaxes:

Ok?  And?  I didn’t click all the links in the tweets but seems like someone wisely decided to remove possible projectiles from a future riot site.  Pardon me but where does it say they were placed on purpose to aid looting?  That’s doesn’t do shit to prove or disprove this dumbass ‘brick hoax’.  

42 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

What am I missing?  I am seeing that they turned away the protestors on the Manhattan Bridge (they told people to stay out of Manhattan).  I saw that someone looted Eataly, but not seeing a lot of other things.  Also, police alerts not going apeshit like they did last night.

You’re missing the narrative of how NYC is a shithole.  See the covid thread regarding taxing out of state healthcare workers, sending ill people back to nursing homes, etc.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

You’re missing the narrative of how NYC is a shithole.  See the covid thread regarding taxing out of state healthcare workers, sending ill people back to nursing homes, etc.  

Stop with the taxing out of state workers shit. That is how things work in states with income taxes. I had to pay state taxes in tons of states when I was a consultant.

And the nursing home shit was a state decision and I believe a few others did it.

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
11 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Stop with the taxing out of state workers shit. That is how things work in states with income taxes. I had to pay state taxes in tons of states when I was a consultant.

Yeah exactly.  Did you not read my last few posts?  It’s mostly manufactured bullshit.  I got into a fruitless pissing match with someone saying NYC and DC are terrible places to own a business because of this, shitting on it as a place to live and apparently you can get a 2+2 with private garden for $400k...so it’s just as good as bumfuck Dakota.  I’m on your side here. 

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1